Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Gen 5 whipple supercharger

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Well if there's one person that can make it go fast and bring the butthurt at the same time...it's that guy.
LOL, I had the record, and lost it after 2 years, working on the pro mod, otherwise known as the time/money suck.

For $ 6,900 for the blower and 112M TB, it is a steal , IMO. Getting the smallest pulley they make for it and sending it, fresh A8 going in, hmmmmm, buckle up

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
1.24 sixty foot with stock drivetrain, may pull a Z and lunch from 2nd and see if there is enough to rock.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
AJ (HemiTuner) has them available on preorder and has been testing a pre production unit as well. He talks about it on Facebook. The one thing I don't like about it is that you need to change the routing of the plumbing for the Intercooler substantially.

For me it would have been nicer if the inlets/outlets were at the rear for our cars.

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
I think AJ's testing is officially going well
7.98 @ 172 yesterday. Video is on facebook

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Will it not fit under a stock hood? I think the big thing for me is what's been mentioned previous. How much benefit will this have on a stock motor? I'm not really interested in building one for this car, been there done that, and they have limits I've found previously. Seems anything past about 850rwhp and you start to get on that fine line of kicking a rod.

I'm not real big on dynos, but the time I did put mine on one it was Dynojet and it made right at 800rwhp at 6200rpm on 93 octane with the original Hellcat motor. It's considerably more than that on E85 with the RE motor it has now.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Will it not fit under a stock hood? I think the big thing for me is what's been mentioned previous. How much benefit will this have on a stock motor? I'm not really interested in building one for this car, been there done that, and they have limits I've found previously. Seems anything past about 850rwhp and you start to get on that fine line of kicking a rod.

I'm not real big on dynos, but the time I did put mine on one it was Dynojet and it made right at 800rwhp at 6200rpm on 93 octane with the original Hellcat motor. It's considerably more than that on E85 with the RE motor it has now.
From what I gathered it will not fit under some stock hoods, especially from the early Charger's. It will fit under the Hellcat/Demon/Redeye and SS hoods for sure.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye

It will fit under the stock hood of hellcat cars. The advantage is in its efficiency, cooling capability, and billet rotors pack. More boost, at lower rpm with less heat= your stock engine will live longer and go faster

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Perhaps, I need to noodle on it a bit. Built motor it's a no brainer though.

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat

Sure doesn't look like it will fit. Maybe a shaker scoop would fit over the top? that would be a good look.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sure doesn't look like it will fit. Maybe a shaker scoop would fit over the top? that would be a good look.
Just run without the hood, who needs the hood?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think AJ's testing is officially going well
7.98 @ 172 yesterday. Video is on facebook
Yes, that was with Nitrous

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
It's an interesting design and I'm glad to see supercharger tech progressing. The price diff between the Mustang and Hellcat is odd, wonder if the price on the Hellcat page is a typo/pre-order place holder or something.

I've always liked Whipple supercharger, but I hope the QC is good on this. The 4.5L had a habbit of dropping bolts in to the cylinders for a while. Had a friend lose two Hellcat engines from that and one of them was a built 426.
I’m guessing the price difference between the GT350 and Hellcat is the mustang kit is an entire SC system, since the GT350 is not factory supercharged. The hellcat 3.0 kit is the head unit and throttle body.

The 3.8 Whipple for both the GT500 and Hellcats/Demon/Redeye, etc. is not out yet...no pricing details on the 3.8 Whipple.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
The 3.0 liter makes over 1800 RWHP on the drag pak, I dont give a shit about he 3.8, the 3.0 rocks

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
boost only, stock blower, stock TB, no porting, game on

Attachments

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am going to rip the face off with that blower

Last edited:
OP
Bordercat_797

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge CHALLENGER HELLCAT REDEYE WIDEBODY
Thread Starter #36

I am also curious about this. What are the benefits of swapping out this blower for the stock 2.7 blower on the Redeye vs going upper and lower pully swap, E-85, injectors ect... ?

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Yes, that was with Nitrous
I am also curious about this. What are the benefits of swapping out this blower for the stock 2.7 blower on the Redeye vs going upper and lower pully swap, E-85, injectors ect... ?
I would think very little additional benefit would be obtained on a stock motor. This looks as though it would be better suited to a high horsepower motor with supporting modifications. There it's competing with Kenne bell, Magnuson, twin turbos, or the Hellion compound kit. If you're looking for a more modest HP increase without changing the motor internals or the driveline, the mods you mentioned make sense. If you're trying to put a vehicle into the low 8's or the 7's this looks to be very competitive.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would think very little additional benefit would be obtained on a stock motor. This looks as though it would be better suited to a high horsepower motor with supporting modifications. There it's competing with Kenne bell, Magnuson, twin turbos, or the Hellion compound kit. If you're looking for a more modest HP increase without changing the motor internals or the driveline, the mods you mentioned make sense. If you're trying to put a vehicle into the low 8's or the 7's this looks to be very competitive.
you are 100% correct and the gen 5 3.0 is for higher whp motors to get into low 8's and push into the 7's

OP
Bordercat_797

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge CHALLENGER HELLCAT REDEYE WIDEBODY
Thread Starter #39
That makes sense, thanks guys.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The 3.0 that is soon to be released is the street replacement for the 2.4/2.7 on 6.2 displacement engines. There are some differences between that and the race version found on the DragPak cars. Check the intercooler line placement and that thing that looks like a cable on the throttle body for clues 🧐. The 3.8 that will along later this year is going to be a monster. It is specifically built for the high hp stroker motors (like mine 🤓). I was told it will support 2200hp. Get ready! 👹