Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Everyone with 315 on the rear what is your psi?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Are you going to the drag strip with your car now or street only ?
Both, but it sees the street way more then the track of late.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Both, but it sees the street way more then the track of late.
I really want to see what it does at the track, with some good sticky tires. :)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I run the Michelin PS4 on the street and drag strip...I don’t have a strip setup yet.
How do they work on the drag strip?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I really want to see what it does at the track, with some good sticky tires. :)
This slip my best pass ever, I’d be happy to just get here again but with some consistency of doing so. This pass was all in the launch and first 330’ of the track, power shifted every gear. Normally on 93 at 850 wheel runs mid to high 10’s, I have not been back to the track with it on corn yet.
This Video is down Island last spring opening day and also the last day of the year before Covid shut everything down right after, ran 10’s all day. I came down with Covid for the first time just days after this video was taken by my Stang Buddy (I was blessed with Covid this past February as well)
Hoping to get to the track with it while the pavement is still hot on the 315/50-17 MT Street R’s for some more 9 second passes.

2D16FA51-A420-4310-8ACA-DBF1C491936B.png

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This slip my best pass ever, I’d be happy to just get here again but with some consistency of doing so. This pass was all in the launch and first 330’ of the track, power shifted every gear. Normally on 93 at 850 wheel runs mid to high 10’s, I have not been back to the track with it on corn yet.
This Video is down Island last spring opening day and also the last day of the year before Covid shut everything down right after, ran 10’s all day. I came down with Covid for the first time just days after this video was taken by my Stang Buddy (I was blessed with Covid this past February as well)
Hoping to get to the track with it while the pavement is still hot on the 315/50-17 MT Street R’s for some more 9 second passes.

View attachment 50688

Nice, 60' is awesome too, yeah, it should be deep in the 9's I would think.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #26
I read once that there is no universal standard for treadwear ratings for all manufacturers to hold to, it's only a standard they use within their own brand. So Pirelli 400 vs Nitto 400 isn't necessarily going to be the same treadwear. Pirelli 400 vs Pirelli 160, the 160 will be much softer of course.
Yes I understand but using this system is the only way that I can personally do a real-world comparison.
I know what a Pirelli 400 & Hankook 220 rating will do and I'm going to get the Perelli's with the 160 rating and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tell how much better it hooks "if" it hooks better. Then I'll get the Nittos 100 etc while searching for the perfect psi.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #27
OK so I ordered the (2) Perelli zeros from Discount Tire and it's going to take until next Monday to get them installed. Out the door with veterans 10% off it came too $838.24
Infoyou:
if you want to give these tires a try and in order to buy them you have to "verify vehicle"

you have to list your vehicle as "2016 FERRARI F12 BERLINETTA COUPE"

It took me two days to find a vehicle that it actually came on as OEM
before you can purchase them. I'm going to try them at 23 psi which is actually what I am running at the moment and traction feels much better.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Wait, what? I am totally unimpressed by any pirelli. Which trie and size exactly? And why not go w PS4S? I'm not seeing the draw here. Not criticizing.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #29
Wait, what? I am totally unimpressed by any pirelli. Which trie and size exactly? And why not go w PS4S? I'm not seeing the draw here. Not criticizing.
yes, that’s what I’ve seen around the forum is that Perelli is shit but IMO Perelli makes a sticky tire for the street while not going into drag radials.
You will do good finding one better than;

The PIRELLI P ZERO
315 /35 R20 106Y SL BSW FE
Item #18019

tread-life rating 160

MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S

tread-life rating 300
And you are putting a tire on that is a 315–30 and not a 315–35 that they do not sell at discount tire or I’m just so twisted I can’t find it. Not having the correct ratios will throw the speedometer off 3 miles an hour and also your odometer will register less miles than actual which in this case would be a good thing.

Now this is how I read the book and I’m not saying i’m reading it correctly but it’s working for me so far.

also if a tire has a warranty it’s not gonna hook!

Last edited:
OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #30
Right now I have;

HANKOOK
VENTUS S1 EVO2 K117A
315 /35 R20 110Y XL BSW
Item #28894

On my Redeye for about 2100 miles now but these tires were on my other Hellcat for about 11,000 miles.

and they have a tread life rating of 220.

The best 0 to 60 I could get in my other Hellcat was 3.4 seconds with these tires. The redeye I got 2.9 seconds. So being the Perelli’s rate is lower so they’re stickier
(in my head)

when I get these mounted Monday then after I ride around a little bit and get the pressures right I will know for sure if I’m reading this book wrong.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I see what you're after, now. Looking for a good non-DR for street use. I've been that route before myself. Thanks for sharing the detailed data.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #32
OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #33
I going to leave my pressure at 23 psi cold when I installed a new tires.
I will be removing my wheels and tires Sunday to remove the wheel weights and clean up then load them up in the truck.

I understand some of you could care less but I'm doing this so others can use this as a reference.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #34
INFOYOU

OEM SRT rear 20x9.5 wheel and OEM Pirelli zero Nero tire total weight 58.6 pounds NEW.

PK 20x11 wheel 18.5 Offset weigh 26.6 pounds
HANKOOK VENTUS S1 EVO2 total weight 30 lbs

PK with HANKOOK VENTUS S1 EVO2 tires installed total weight 60.6 lbs

for now
IMO the HANKOOK VENTUS S1 EVO2 (2) best bang for your buck and $200 cheaper than the Pirelli Zero's installed.

It's the Pirelli's do not pan out like I'm thinking I will go back to HANKOOK VENTUS S1 EVO2.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #35
This is the best I could do on these Hankooks.
But they do need replacing.

69F423B0-2DA7-4B4A-BBC7-873DDB97B97C.jpeg

You new Hellcat buyers that are buying used cars, check out the timing feature in the best 0 to 60 mph, it will always show the fastest time unless you happen to beat it .
If the seller is telling you “I never got on it” and you check the timing and there’s a 1.9 0 to 60mph;
Well he got on it one time.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
This is the best I could do on these Hankooks.
But they do need replacing.

View attachment 50891

You new Hellcat buyers that are buying used cars, check out the timing feature in the best 0 to 60 mph, it will always show the fastest time unless you happen to beat it .
If the seller is telling you “I never got on it” and you check the timing and there’s a 1.9 0 to 60mph;
Well he got on it one time.
Only driven on weekends- 1/4 mile at a time.:)

Thanks for the pic.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It looks like you did a lot of research and homework on this but I think your doing two things. One your over thinking this and two your mixing apples and oranges. The Pirelli all seasons SUCK and they're dangerous on these cars (They were actually OE on my car). The P zero's will probably be fine for your use but I wouldn't run them at 23psi. They were never designed for that. They are not drag radials. Run'm at spec'd pressure within a few pounds up or down to get a feel for personal preference, heat'm up with a spirited drive a few minutes, and go.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #38
It looks like you did a lot of research and homework on this but I think your doing two things. One your over thinking this and two your mixing apples and oranges. The Pirelli all seasons SUCK and they're dangerous on these cars (They were actually OE on my car). The P zero's will probably be fine for your use but I wouldn't run them at 23psi. They were never designed for that. They are not drag radials. Run'm at spec'd pressure within a few pounds up or down to get a feel for personal preference, heat'm up with a spirited drive a few minutes, and go.
Thank you for your opinion

For the standard tires, 20 PSI (pounds per square inch) is the minimum air pressure for safe driving. Anything under 20 PSI is too low to drive on, and by doing so, people will put themselves in danger.

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I’m not trying to say you do not know what you are talking about but I’ve never heard of any sport tire you would want to drive around on the street in normal situations below 25 psi. I think you are risking getting a flat. I may just need to learn more though. Good luck and happy motoring.

If you hardly ever drive in the rain why don’t you just run one of the Mickey Thompson drag radials or even the new 555r’s? That’s exactly what they are designed for and they are so good.

Last edited:
OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #40
The picture below are the tires;

HANKOOK
VENTUS S1 EVO2 K117A
315 /35 R20 110Y XL BSW

28 psi

that were on my Hellcat since they were new and I put 11,000 miles on them and pulled them off and put the factory wheels on the car and sold it.

The tread pattern is the same as it looks in the picture after being installed on my Redeye for 3000 miles.

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

Hopefully I will get my Pirelli P Zeros in the morning (running 23 psi) and I can put 10,000 miles on the tires and then check the tread pattern. I have heard that the Challengers were having issues with the wear.

found what looks like a nail but still holding air.

F173CFD1-E813-462F-AA34-35ACA059C6AE.jpeg

Last edited: