Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dss axles different lengths?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I have the DSS
Kate my daughter, I gave her my 2010 Furious Fuchsia Challenger. It has a Procharger build and that happened in 2014 by HHP
My husband also has the G-Force axles and driveshaft installed. They are still going strong and have a lifetime warranty.
DSS doesn't seem the same without Frank.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #22
What happened to Frank? I am dealing with tad. But he is now ignoring me. I just want one axle. I sent mine in for warranty. 11 weeks. Then he sends me an axle that is not mine.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
When my thermostat failed at challengerfest and I went to the dealer to finish driving the car for the weekend they even asked for the vin to buy a thermostat
It’s common practice to enter the VIN because it will pull up all the parts associated with that vehicle build. Supposed to always get you the right part.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
When my thermostat failed at challengerfest and I went to the dealer to finish driving the car for the weekend they even asked for the vin to buy a thermostat
FYI - O'Rielly auto parts sells 180* T-stats & were only $20, DIY.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
What happened to Frank? I am dealing with tad. But he is now ignoring me. I just want one axle. I sent mine in for warranty. 11 weeks. Then he sends me an axle that is not mine.
Sad that this is happening, nothing worse than bad or no customer service.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yeah that was for getting the right part for your car.
In the case for buying RE or Demon parts & you don't have one, it's been restricted but I thought that was starting to be over with but possibly not.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Frank retired and on his Facebook he is out enjoying life. He may still be involved some.
I am glad I have HHP behind me for parts.
I don't think they would get anything done any faster from DSS but I don't have to be calling them. HHP sells a lot of DSS parts and does have a "pull" with them.
Lots of small businesses are effected a lot because of Covid. I too (HHP) have waited for different parts longer than usual.

Linda :)

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
It’s common practice to enter the VIN because it will pull up all the parts associated with that vehicle build. Supposed to always get you the right part.
They specifically wanted it because it was a hellcat part they said. I said I thought that was only for demons they said no
@Mean Cat

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
They specifically wanted it because it was a hellcat part they said. I said I thought that was only for demons they said no
@Mean Cat
That’s interesting. I’ve never heard of any ordering restrictions on HC parts. RE for that matter either. I get the Demon being a limited production car but not the others. Maybe due to COVID and parts shortages?🤔

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #30
There are restrictions on redeye parts. Due to the fact they share some demon parts. Such as an axle.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
There are restrictions on redeye parts. Due to the fact they share some demon parts. Such as an axle.
You try East Coast Mopar or Steve White Motors? I’ve gotten Redeye parts from there already and I don’t have a vin just the part number order off-line and you’re good to go

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #32
Steve white said it is a no go and I would have the same problems else where. Rock auto is a go when they are in stock. But for now the right one is on its way. Stock. Left one is a demon. No more dss in my lifetime.