Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170, will any be 100k, probably not

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'd like to see statistics on this. I'd say when these cars were in the $60-$70K range you'd be right, once they got to $100K you're in a different market and I would argue more people cross shop since it pushed these cars in to a different category at least price wise. I know several that cross shopped Hellcat vs BMW M3. I'm not a BMW fan so that's not something I'd look at, but the 911 is a contender at these prices. Used 2021 Redeyes (which had power dollars by the way) I found were going for nearly $90K!!! So my opinion is that these higher prices brought in a new demographic of buyer with more disposable income and it's had a snow ball effect. When I first got in to these cars back in 2009 is was a very different group. Just look at all the goobers over on the other forum who like to talk about "oh yes I have a Redeye, and a TRX, and 3 170s on order".

Well here's the rub. Redeye is let's say $95K based on the POCs that were posted. Demon 170 is $96K base or around $110K with nice options. I asked a while back if the hardware in the 170 was worth the extra and most agreed it was. That's where I am with the Redeye being way over priced at present with standard Hellcat not far behind.
Goobers LOL
The pricing doesn't make sense. Its nothing new versus 2015 and they expect people to just pay 20k more?!
Then dealers piling on because "Last Call"

I find it hard to want to pay any of these prices when I can find a nice used Hellcat in the 40s-50s.
Redeyes I have found in the 60s.

Asking 100k for a new one just doesn't make sense to me.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #42
^ Y'all see this?!

It's NOT a "narrow body", it's a regular/standard body, there was NO such thing as a "narrow body" Challenger back in the day so stop with the passive-aggressive projecting and trying to justify the Jeep Bushwhacker slapped on gaff AF fender extensions on your WIDE bodies by trying to trash talk the classic look the standard body master race is rocking...! :ROFLMAO:

/rant :p
I have been looking for these rare narrow bodies since they should be lighter but have not found any:unsure:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm not finding Redeyes in the 60s. You got any you can send my way? My worry with these as "used" vehicles is there are a lot of people who got these and it's like their first performance car. They had no idea what they were doing and took to any o'l performance shop for pulley and tune and made a mess of the car.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm not finding Redeyes in the 60s. You got any you can send my way? My worry with these as "used" vehicles is there are a lot of people who got these and it's like their first performance car. They had no idea what they were doing and took to any o'l performance shop for pulley and tune and made a mess of the car.
Normally a standard body but a few pop up from time to time.
I agree but I would hot rod one anyway.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/5b9fa243-bcc7-4b84-920e-a1e9bffecf6c/

First one that popped up for me on Cars.com
https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZL95LH250256

States it is a Redeye

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Wow, a 2020 with over 51,000 miles! That ad says Hellcat but the window sticker shows Redeye. I may need to start looking closer as I may have been passing over some Redeyes that weren't listed properly.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Wow, a 2020 with over 51,000 miles! That ad says Hellcat but the window sticker shows Redeye. I may need to start looking closer as I may have been passing over some Redeyes that weren't listed properly.
Gotta search Hellcat and not Hellcat Redeye
Also the 220 speedo, the emblem if its clear, and ultimately the window sticker.

Plenty of them out there especially with these cars not selling even with the Last Call bull shit. People just not going to fork over 100k at 8% for one.

A few more under the car I listed were Redeyes as well.
They don't last long but they do pop up.
Many still think these cars are bringing in huge money and its just not the case.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, ones I'd be interested in are hovering around the $85K mark, but a lot better than what I'd been seeing.

This seems to be a trend so maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

1699312015718.png

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The Hellcat market has been softening since about July when Stellantis started mass producing them.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, a pretty nice Go Mango 2018 Demon went for $107K on BAT today, so something's going on. They'd been fetching $130-$140K.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I'd like to see statistics on this. I'd say when these cars were in the $60-$70K range you'd be right, once they got to $100K you're in a different market and I would argue more people cross shop since it pushed these cars in to a different category at least price wise. I know several that cross shopped Hellcat vs BMW M3. I'm not a BMW fan so that's not something I'd look at, but the 911 is a contender at these prices. Used 2021 Redeyes (which had power dollars by the way) I found were going for nearly $90K!!! So my opinion is that these higher prices brought in a new demographic of buyer with more disposable income and it's had a snow ball effect. When I first got in to these cars back in 2009 is was a very different group. Just look at all the goobers over on the other forum who like to talk about "oh yes I have a Redeye, and a TRX, and 3 170s on order".
I suppose that would be a valuable statistic, and if I’m wrong there are more people like me than I’m aware of, I’m just going off of the group of guys locally with them and the attitudes on here towards the euro market. A couple guys here have 911s or BMWs… but most here have no interest. My friends with AMGs and M5s would never drive a Dodge. To your point, maybe Dodge is pushing people that way, probably fewer of them coming this way.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #52
I suppose that would be a valuable statistic, and if I’m wrong there are more people like me than I’m aware of, I’m just going off of the group of guys locally with them and the attitudes on here towards the euro market. A couple guys here have 911s or BMWs… but most here have no interest. My friends with AMGs and M5s would never drive a Dodge. To your point, maybe Dodge is pushing people that way, probably fewer of them coming this way.
People i know wouldnt be looking for a euro car because the American muscle car was getting into the same price category. You either like one or the other.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I like both and I'm relatively practical. A $100k Porche is likely to still be a $100k Porche 5 years from now. $100k Redeye probably not.

Best solution have one of each.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I like both and I'm relatively practical. A $100k Porche is likely to still be a $100k Porche 5 years from now. $100k Redeye probably not.

Sometimes I wish I could appreciate the 911 turbo variants to the point I would consider ownership

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My good friend loves his 911. He also has a Trackhawk and had a 2018 Demon as a daily. He didn't like the Demon and only kept it 6mos. Who buys that as a daily?

On paper I love the 911 but I'd need to drive one for a weekend before buying

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #56
My good friend loves his 911. He also has a Trackhawk and had a 2018 Demon as a daily. He didn't like the Demon and only kept it 6mos. Who buys that as a daily?

If I could I would for a daily, why not?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I wouldn't want to drive a Demon or 911 Turbo S as a daily driver.

Both have the same race only qualities that would eventually make them a chore to drive, in my opinion.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I have a very good friend who is a used exotic car dealer...occasionally I will go with him to the exotic hi line Manheim dealer only auction ....( I'm like a kid in a candy store)....911's have been bringing strong money for more than a few years now...but in the fall..(now)..there are certain dealers that don't wanna carry that inventory all winter..there are deals to be had..I just never was able to pull the trigger...

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

I don't know, I mean I do not think a low-mile redeye will ever lose much value, some yes, but probably not a lot if it's mint. Keep in mind the $100k Porsches that don't lose value sold for WAY more than that when they were new, and also are not hardly driven to keep the miles low and condition mint. Car kind of owns you at that point.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I wouldn't want to drive a Demon or 911 Turbo S as a daily driver.

Both have the same race only qualities that would eventually make them a chore to drive, in my opinion.
DD ers...that what P/U's are for...