Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer mark ups suck

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Meanwhile, I wish the little dealership I use would sell more than just FCA/Stellantis products.

They have spoiled me with their very fair prices, being nice and honest, and...well..we've become friends. A phone call, a few emails, and the purchase is a simple and done deal.

And I don't mind that they're 450 miles away. Especially not when the various other vehicles we've bought lately tend to be at dealerships farther away than that.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I’ll rant.

Not all dealers are created the same is the problem here.

I visited a large dealer here in the Twin Cities in August. These guys were talking like they were preparing me to bend over to order ANYTHING from a new fictional Hornet we cannot even see or feel, up to and including any Challenger or Durango of any type. The salesman took me right to the elevated “desk” of Sales Managers etc. where I was to be impressed with the physical position of these beggars, looking important and talking bullshit? Whatever I told them I was considering, they had a reason/story to support either it was going to cost MSRP-Plus and/or was going to take a year to arrive. Asked about buying something on the lot, and work with them coming back the other way to sell/trade on a future new order? WORSE! I should expect to pay stupid inflated prices today because of big problems currently, but the used vehicle would likely be worth crap in a few months, forget that thought or plan also sir.

The evaluation and decisions are easy Dodge! Ordering my third vehicle in seven years from yet another State. Third different state/dealer for each vehicle. A Hellcat, a REWB, and now a Durango SRT at another “smaller” dealer who a friend has a connection with and appreciates good old fashioned reasonable profits. They also respect their customer.

They can take these few thousand vehicles that are not going to get driven and just traded/sold to ultra wealthy collectors and shove them. Keep it up Dodge, because if and when I can get lucky enough that my number is called for a Z06 at MSRP as is promised and I need some extra cash to close that deal, this Redeye will be sold. At $175,000 those still are a good value compared to what they will stand against on the tracks.

I’ll have pictures, videos and memories. I am only loyal to a point. Me and too many of my friends are being treated like shit by our “brand”. I am quickly losing my feelings of pride in a brand that is really screwing their best customers now.

Not that GM is any better, but at least it seems they have a few honest and responsible dealers in their network. We shall see about that soon also. GM better be careful, their WOKE EV advertising sucks, their cancellation of ads on Twitter this morning makes me question WTF. Are they entirely WOKE and dismissing the platform because they are not canceling out “conservative” opinions and posts now? They piss off old guys like me and others enough and those Vettes may not be looking as good either when we decide our money won’t be going their way either!
You had me when you called them beggars

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You had me when you called them beggars
Thanks. Higher status sales personnel, in their own minds.