Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cruise night etiquette

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Exactly. I mean why even go then, right? Im not a big people person (people like that is why) so i just dont go lol.
Now get off my lawn and stop bothering me.
Awww poke...yer a crabby old man...;)

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Exactly. I mean why even go then, right? Im not a big people person (people like that is why) so i just dont go lol.
Now get off my lawn and stop bothering me.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
I mean, a majority of people are cool (that I've seen). Most are happy to talk about their cars and swap stories, etc. It's just a few people (in my experience) that have the 'holier than thou' shitty attitude that baffles me. Why come at all if you don't want to interact?
Now I don't want to be labeled a "Corvettist"...but allotta over 60 yr old corvette owners fall into that tight assed category....:censored::censored::censored:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ex vette owner but yes in need and in deed. Gun tote en grumpy, not backing down, always correct,, god bless the attitude. Clint,, and me with the attitude. 1,000,000 correct. Thanks for some one picking their nose and up on the great attitude.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Lmao! You're all good in my book! I agree with being simple do me right and I'll reciprocate. So many Jagoffs these days that think because I have money I'm better. Well Fuck You. I'm minority here as I worked my ass off for 4yrs. to get this car. Means so much more to me for those reasons. You handled better then I pretty sure Lol. Someone may have been thrown a beating! Well Done Sir!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lmao! You're all good in my book! I agree with being simple do me right and I'll reciprocate. So many Jagoffs these days that think because I have money I'm better. Well Fuck You. I'm minority here as I worked my ass off for 4yrs. to get this car. Means so much more to me for those reasons. You handled better then I pretty sure Lol. Someone may have been thrown a beating! Well Done Sir!
I friggn love your car fwiw. You’ve done it right imo.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I friggn love your car fwiw. You’ve done it right imo.
I appreciate that man. Lots of sweat and tears for it. I feel blessed to have the honor of owning one and being in good company. Outside is done and BT engine jewelry will be done this weekend. Can't wait to share the pics. I get told you'll never get what you put into it. So be it. Raised my daughter essentially by myself! Drove a Grand Caravan for 8yrs! I was able to make it happen. You only live once and in the end I OWNED my dream car! That can never be taken away from me!

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Also @Slowpoke387 I'd like to mention how much respect I have for you with that donation you made for Butch! Class act!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Is that good or bad coming from a cave awaiting for the a pock a lipse. We still have our strong hold even though we have not spoken in 20 years. We have our food, guns, ammo, cell phones, batter packs,,, all we had when my parents were concerned about the cold war and the commies coming from N Viet. Same situation and we have the same set ups. Take my Confederate flag out of my garage and I am sorry,, we are going to fight. Issues,, those are issues. Not every black person was a saint so don't treat every white convederate general or private as though they were murderes. History is what it is and can not change it. pulling the confederate flag from NASCAR will not erase the past. It is what it is, good bad or in different. Will not erase what has happened today or yesterday. Take down all the statues, bleed all the books, will not erase what has been from the past. Where and when will it stop?? Not to throw gernades, but there are motions from both sides and there are no excuces from either one, but to erase history will not clean up facts that are in the history books. Hopefully the present and future will be cleaned up. I will do what I can as an individual and as a person of numbers, but tearning down history is not the answer. Sorry NASCAR, but lost a true fan base.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
In WNY we have our first restaurant hosting a cruise night. Its the second one of the year, and its pretty large (200 plus cars). I generally don't do many of them, and if I do, I stay an hour at the most. Last night I took the Demon,and had a friend of mine take my wife's C8. (I later found out I shoulda asked her first..) We parked about 4 spots apart. Now when I go, I go to check out all the cars and socialize. This cruise most of the people just break out the lawn chairs hang out in these little groups and chill. When I see a car that interests me, I always try to find the owner and get the low down. I got to this group of late model Corvettes, and noticed a 3 or 4 year old Zo6 with what I thought were unusual LED headlights,so I yelled out to this group of 5 or 6 very preppy looking couples asking whos car it was, this 60's something guy spoke up. I asked if the headlights came with that year vette. The guy was almost indignant, like he couldn't be bothered and just gave a smart remark, and went back to his conversation with his friends. So I just moved on. A half hour later I see this same guy with his powder blue I zod shirt, sweater tied around his neck, and loafers with those little tassels on em talkin to my friend that drove my wife's C8. It seems he gets a new vette every 3 years and was contemplating the C8 and wondered if he could sit in it to see how he fit (he was maybe 6'2"). My friend had to fess up and explain it really wasn't his car, and the owners kinda anal about his cars. the guy was almost persistent sayin Oh I'm sure he wouldn't mind I'm a Corvette guy. Now I have the utmost respect for peoples property, and I don't care who you are, keep your hands off my car..and that goes for your kids too, yeah I'm anal. So I walk over, my friend tells him I'm the owner, and this same "Corvette Guy", who a half hour earlier couldn't give me the time of day is grinning with his hand out wanting to shake hands, I listen to his BS about all his vettes he's had over the years, and then he pops the question, I look at him and say, that's your Z06 over there by that group of people, did your wife come with you tonight? He said yup were retired she comes to all the cruises, (now all the guys I was there with are holding their breath cause they know this isn't gonna end well) I'm pretty quick witted, and before you realize it. i've insulted you every way till Tuesday. So I finally say, I'll tell you what, c'mon back with your wife, let me see how my d*ck fits in her, and I'll let you see how you fit in my car....we gotta a deal or no...There may be a moral to this story...for those that don't get it...I'm a simple guy...You treat me good...I'll treat you better...you treat me bad...I'll treat you worse !
lol, that is great. What was the reaction? Walking off in a huff? The finger? That's the best part man!

Never mind - saw the post later down.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
This a good movie, in so many ways. What speaks to me in this scene more than get off my lawn is "we used to stack fucks like you 5 feet high..."

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread of the day ,pricks like that are the reason I havnt been to a car show since the eighties.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't care if you come to just admire the cars...or if you have a car there or not...I treat everybody with the same respect..I really have no tolerance for elitism...I've met interesting car guys that do their own work with cars on a meager budget and I appreciate those as much as say a Hennesey prepared HC owned by those with unlimited funds...In my mind..were all just car guys
The rule:
You get what you give..

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
STILL working my a** off to keep mine.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
We generally have one or more going on every night of the week this time of year...this is the only one open so far...outside bar..hot dogs hamburgers...Its a start...not many masks being worn...

"BAR" ???

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Hey, have fun while they still let ya do it. Next year you will have to be in a bubble suit.
@1971demon Holy Toledo again Look what you did to @Hickster his post makes easy sense! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Linda :)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Also @Slowpoke387 I'd like to mention how much respect I have for you with that donation you made for Butch! Class act!
Ditto man. Im glad you did as well. The real class act is NVRENUF for adopting a dog in that situation. Really warms my heart. I see that not many people donated. Wish more people would donate, guess there arent many dog lovers over there.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’m still trying to figure out if it was my sweater that made you angry or if it was the fact that I don’t know anything about my car.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did I miss something, or is this a private conversation?