Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cruise night etiquette

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
In WNY we have our first restaurant hosting a cruise night. Its the second one of the year, and its pretty large (200 plus cars). I generally don't do many of them, and if I do, I stay an hour at the most. Last night I took the Demon,and had a friend of mine take my wife's C8. (I later found out I shoulda asked her first..) We parked about 4 spots apart. Now when I go, I go to check out all the cars and socialize. This cruise most of the people just break out the lawn chairs hang out in these little groups and chill. When I see a car that interests me, I always try to find the owner and get the low down. I got to this group of late model Corvettes, and noticed a 3 or 4 year old Zo6 with what I thought were unusual LED headlights,so I yelled out to this group of 5 or 6 very preppy looking couples asking whos car it was, this 60's something guy spoke up. I asked if the headlights came with that year vette. The guy was almost indignant, like he couldn't be bothered and just gave a smart remark, and went back to his conversation with his friends. So I just moved on. A half hour later I see this same guy with his powder blue I zod shirt, sweater tied around his neck, and loafers with those little tassels on em talkin to my friend that drove my wife's C8. It seems he gets a new vette every 3 years and was contemplating the C8 and wondered if he could sit in it to see how he fit (he was maybe 6'2"). My friend had to fess up and explain it really wasn't his car, and the owners kinda anal about his cars. the guy was almost persistent sayin Oh I'm sure he wouldn't mind I'm a Corvette guy. Now I have the utmost respect for peoples property, and I don't care who you are, keep your hands off my car..and that goes for your kids too, yeah I'm anal. So I walk over, my friend tells him I'm the owner, and this same "Corvette Guy", who a half hour earlier couldn't give me the time of day is grinning with his hand out wanting to shake hands, I listen to his BS about all his vettes he's had over the years, and then he pops the question, I look at him and say, that's your Z06 over there by that group of people, did your wife come with you tonight? He said yup were retired she comes to all the cruises, (now all the guys I was there with are holding their breath cause they know this isn't gonna end well) I'm pretty quick witted, and before you realize it. i've insulted you every way till Tuesday. So I finally say, I'll tell you what, c'mon back with your wife, let me see how my d*ck fits in her, and I'll let you see how you fit in my car....we gotta a deal or no...There may be a moral to this story...for those that don't get it...I'm a simple guy...You treat me good...I'll treat you better...you treat me bad...I'll treat you worse !

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
:oops:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Holy Toledo !!!

Go For It!
Linda :)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Holy Toledo !!!

Go For It!
Linda :)
I don't care if you come to just admire the cars...or if you have a car there or not...I treat everybody with the same respect..I really have no tolerance for elitism...I've met interesting car guys that do their own work with cars on a meager budget and I appreciate those as much as say a Hennesey prepared HC owned by those with unlimited funds...In my mind..were all just car guys

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well, that seems a little over the top :unsure: Plus, what if he called your bluff and his wife was a real greasey, nasty bit of work :sick:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Well, that seems a little over the top :unsure: Plus, what if he called your bluff and his wife was a real greasey, nasty bit of work :sick:
Wouldn't be this first time I came out on the wrong end of a deal:(:(:(

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hey, have fun while they still let ya do it. Next year you will have to be in a bubble suit.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Now that is a great story. Love to see the look on his face. So how did it end? Not an ass whoopin I’m guessing, just ran off with his tail between his legs?

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Hey, have fun while they still let ya do it. Next year you will have to be in a bubble suit.
We generally have one or more going on every night of the week this time of year...this is the only one open so far...outside bar..hot dogs hamburgers...Its a start...not many masks being worn...

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
In WNY we have our first restaurant hosting a cruise night. Its the second one of the year, and its pretty large (200 plus cars). I generally don't do many of them, and if I do, I stay an hour at the most. Last night I took the Demon,and had a friend of mine take my wife's C8. (I later found out I shoulda asked her first..) We parked about 4 spots apart. Now when I go, I go to check out all the cars and socialize. This cruise most of the people just break out the lawn chairs hang out in these little groups and chill. When I see a car that interests me, I always try to find the owner and get the low down. I got to this group of late model Corvettes, and noticed a 3 or 4 year old Zo6 with what I thought were unusual LED headlights,so I yelled out to this group of 5 or 6 very preppy looking couples asking whos car it was, this 60's something guy spoke up. I asked if the headlights came with that year vette. The guy was almost indignant, like he couldn't be bothered and just gave a smart remark, and went back to his conversation with his friends. So I just moved on. A half hour later I see this same guy with his powder blue I zod shirt, sweater tied around his neck, and loafers with those little tassels on em talkin to my friend that drove my wife's C8. It seems he gets a new vette every 3 years and was contemplating the C8 and wondered if he could sit in it to see how he fit (he was maybe 6'2"). My friend had to fess up and explain it really wasn't his car, and the owners kinda anal about his cars. the guy was almost persistent sayin Oh I'm sure he wouldn't mind I'm a Corvette guy. Now I have the utmost respect for peoples property, and I don't care who you are, keep your hands off my car..and that goes for your kids too, yeah I'm anal. So I walk over, my friend tells him I'm the owner, and this same "Corvette Guy", who a half hour earlier couldn't give me the time of day is grinning with his hand out wanting to shake hands, I listen to his BS about all his vettes he's had over the years, and then he pops the question, I look at him and say, that's your Z06 over there by that group of people, did your wife come with you tonight? He said yup were retired she comes to all the cruises, (now all the guys I was there with are holding their breath cause they know this isn't gonna end well) I'm pretty quick witted, and before you realize it. i've insulted you every way till Tuesday. So I finally say, I'll tell you what, c'mon back with your wife, let me see how my d*ck fits in her, and I'll let you see how you fit in my car....we gotta a deal or no...There may be a moral to this story...for those that don't get it...I'm a simple guy...You treat me good...I'll treat you better...you treat me bad...I'll treat you worse !
Some people are just awful human beings. Good for you @1971demon...hope he got the point and maybe will learn from it...probably not. Respect and concern for anybody else is dead nowadays. I cannot stand arrogant, disrespectful, all about me people. Probably one of the major reasons I want to leave California.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Now that is a great story. Love to see the look on his face. So how did it end? Not an ass whoopin I’m guessing, just ran off with his tail between his legs?
Wouldn't say anything to my face...waited till he got 20 yards away then called me an A hole...but my delivery was great..i said it in a jovial way..almost excitedly comical...wasn't mad at all...I think it took a bit for it to sink in...classic Don Rickles style....he got the message

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Still hit him with a cross bow. Why I keep one in the trunk. They don't make any noise. Barbed, no barbed, spiked or not. Choose your poision of how bad the infliction or if need be infection. A bit of dipping sauce can cause major damage. Just hit em in the calf with a spike that is 14 inches with dead man's blood will put em in the hospital for a week. But ster have fun at the get around and see some cars that might not be there next year.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I think I just pissed myself:oops::oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's hilarious!

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
I think I just pissed myself:oops::oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's hilarious!
You had to be there...a couple with gorgeous AAR Cuda two cars down said that was the funniest sh*t they ever heard...she said whadda goin to do if he comes back with his wife???..I said see if it fits I guess....we laughed our asses off....

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:That's great. I used to have a 1st Gen CTS-V. Went to a local Cars & Coffee one day with it. Not too many Vs out there in general, much less at the local cruise ins.
Dude shows up with a 6MT CTS-V wagon. Rarest of the rare Vs. And it's got plates on it that say '1012HP' or some shit.
Now I'm not a super social guy. I'll talk to people if they ask about my car, and I walk around every car show/cruise in the area and check out all the cars with my kids. But it's got to be something pretty special to get me to interact with the owner beyond a courteous 'hello' or 'nice car'.
I see the owner of the V wagon and try to engage him in conversation. 'Hey I've got a V too', 'What's all done to it for 1012 HP?', Yada, yada, yada.
Dude doesn't quite ignore me, but kinda has the same attitude like I'm bothering him by daring to talk to him.
Middle of our 'conversation' he wanders off talking to his buddy about pictures with the family or some shit. Dude, you're at a car meet. With other car enthuiasts. You have a pretty rare car. You're gonna get questions and people that want to talk to you about it.
Fuck people like that.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:That's great. I used to have a 1st Gen CTS-V. Went to a local Cars & Coffee one day with it. Not too many Vs out there in general, much less at the local cruise ins.
Dude shows up with a 6MT CTS-V wagon. Rarest of the rare Vs. And it's got plates on it that say '1012HP' or some shit.
Now I'm not a super social guy. I'll talk to people if they ask about my car, and I walk around every car show/cruise in the area and check out all the cars with my kids. But it's got to be something pretty special to get me to interact with the owner beyond a courteous 'hello' or 'nice car'.
I see the owner of the V wagon and try to engage him in conversation. 'Hey I've got a V too', 'What's all done to it for 1012 HP?', Yada, yada, yada.
Dude doesn't quite ignore me, but kinda has the same attitude like I'm bothering him by daring to talk to him.
Middle of our 'conversation' he wanders off talking to his buddy about pictures with the family or some shit. Dude, you're at a car meet. With other car enthuiasts. You have a pretty rare car. You're gonna get questions and people that want to talk to you about it.
Fuck people like that.
Exactly. I mean why even go then, right? Im not a big people person (people like that is why) so i just dont go lol.
Now get off my lawn and stop bothering me.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Fuck people like that.
I've been leery of general car meets because of stuff like that happening. You get car guys and arrogant people that show up to show off?

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Fuck people like that.
Agreed. If he doesn't want people to ask questions then why put a plate with 1012HP on it? It's like some chic wearing a low cut shirt with the cans hanging out and getting pissed when guys start looking. Duh....What do think's gonna happen?

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I've been leery of general car meets because of stuff like that happening. You get car guys and arrogant people that show up to show off?
I mean, a majority of people are cool (that I've seen). Most are happy to talk about their cars and swap stories, etc. It's just a few people (in my experience) that have the 'holier than thou' shitty attitude that baffles me. Why come at all if you don't want to interact?