Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Congratulations to Speedy!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I know that when the original muscle cars went away there wasn't 1 wanna be muscle car that didn't get a thumbs down from my generation.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
@Speedy! Hopefully we get to hear great news on 4/26 :)

All of those things (feel, smell, hear) along with a couple of other senses that tie something with a great experience will be what people will remember. Those memories fuel passionate enthusiasts who'll likely share those experiences with future generation muscle car enthusiasts. 2024 will be interesting to see the evolution of the muscle car. Performance seems to be Dodge's driving factor, but will it be the driving factor for the future generation.

I think a challenge for marketing/engineering/developers/designers/enthusiasts is understanding the future generations over the next 5-10 years such as Generation Alpha "Screenagers". Then create a product that links them to those great experiences while also keeping the DNA of what Dodge is all about. Phasing out over time seems to be the approach but 2 years seems rather quick.

As an example, SRT used to be based on the five product development pillars:
-awe-inspiring powertrains
-outstanding ride
-handling and capability
-benchmark braking
-aggressive and functional exteriors and race-inspired and high-performance interiors

I would add that the modern generation would include:
-digital connectivity
-social media perception/likeability/passionate/inspirational
-technology that is high tech/efficiency-focused
Well my oldest just missed the alpha cut off.
But my 5 year old can't get enough of "launch mode" on the TRX!
And he's been busting my chops for 2 years to get my 55 running.

He's into cars big time.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
So if they add electric motors, batteries, transfer case and AWD to the Hellcat, probably looking at a 7000 lb "performance" car. HC already gets the "Happy Boating" jeers as it is.............. not gonna happen
Automotive chubby chasers, we are.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Automotive chubby chasers, we are.
This would complete my circle of life...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
During HS I had a Dodge Dart and it was slower than what I had before which was 1964 Cutlass. My grand mother gave me, because my ass hole brother left me for Un of Ga. The car and beautiful gal was all I had at the time. I put all my love into both,, literality. Just got out of brutal military academy. I mean brutal,, full uniforms 7 days a week, day and night. Parents going thru divorce. So, made me stronger,, gal friend, still friends with Tenn, and the love of cars. Hope the kids these days don't have to go into that but do find a love for cars. 50 years ago. Started driving 64 Barracuda at 13 teen by myself,, Tennessee, fetching mom and pops beer and cigs. Store 5 minutes from home but gave them 45 minutes to do what ever.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Trouble is marketing isn't engineering or design people. They only sell what corporate gives them to sell.
I don't think there is enough room for electric motors with the Hemi up front.
I agree with Bull electric motor on ZF transmission will be the intermediate answer.
But add extra room under the car may give enough room to add a Trackhawk transfer case. Then you have the best of all worlds.
Agree, there is not much room to do electric on current platform. I was referring to the next gen platform.The only area for electric on existing platform would be in the unsprung area that wouldn’t be wise on an engineering level in regards to handling or stability control, or financially viable with the time left with existing platform.

Dont know enough about the new ZF trans, are you saying it can handle RE torque while providing electric assist. I thought it was only about 225 hp electric rating, but could handle about 740 from engine alone. Is that so they can intergrate ice and electric to meet emissions, ie electric for low power demand that cuts out while the engine starts to take over?

Where in gods name would they come up with the real estate to get a transfer case, and half shafts to drive the fronts. I know the Dodge Engineers are good and pulled off some wild engineering stuff, but I’d be real surprised if they pull that one off.

Edit. sorry Speedy and forum, lost sight of OP and hyjacked thread.Godammn pirate that I am.

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Great video and as all are saying here the best pick is no doubt @Speedy!
But and a huge BUTT will Stellantis let Dodge cater to the Good Old Boys Club? And or will play to the Tik Tok era? My bet is the Tik Tok personality will be the Winner sadly. And I hope I am wrong and will take the personal hits if I am. Stellantis is not us and never will be. We can only hope the Dodge Boys stay strong and dont bend over to the Green Agendas ways.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Great video and as all are saying here the best pick is no doubt @Speedy!
But and a huge BUTT will Stellantis let Dodge cater to the Good Old Boys Club? And or will play to the Tik Tok era? My bet is the Tik Tok personality will be the Winner sadly. And I hope I am wrong and will take the personal hits if I am. Stellantis is not us and never will be. We can only hope the Dodge Boys stay strong and dont bend over to the Green Agendas ways.
Since most of the Tik Tok’ers don’t have an interest in cars or driving (in my estimation) they’d be stupid to cater to them. Then again, I’m not counting on Stellantis mgt to do anything wise.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Since most of the Tik Tok’ers don’t have an interest in cars or driving (in my estimation) they’d be stupid to cater to them. Then again, I’m not counting on Stellantis mgt to do anything wise.
Seems like they've lost a shitload of trust and respect from the Mopar fans.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
right but damn a percentage of those did not know shit about the Mopars.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Never trust the french.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
What’s truly befuddling to me is how much money, time and catering to the select few Stellantis is following the mistakes of the Big Auto. Meaning they are chasing the Green Agenda crap while they could be beating the Green Agenda Crap. I mean think about how the Big Auto guys could be spending monies to lobby the Green Agenda crap to be better handled. But instead the Green Agenda wack jobs get away with making the Executives of these Auto Manufacturing companies play to their tune. It is so backwards and sadly there are major donations being made world wide to promote the Green Agenda via organized movements to battle the opposers. And yes instead of the companies like Stellantis being more creative to counter the strict ridiculous Green Agenda bullying by continuing to build Ice vehicles they cave to the fears and economic fines. But yet for the amount of monies spent they could be more creative and carve a select niche to the Ice and offer choices. The creative choices would offset the Green Agenda fines and cater or should I say appease the wackos to keep a better balance on change. Wake up Stellantis this ain’t the European flair crowd wanting to be pushed in to the Green Agenda where you can’t see the Forest for the Trees.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
Don't you have 2, 3rd on order, of these green things??? Boss, you lose credibility when you are who they're catering to.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Don't you have 2, 3rd on order, of these green things??? Boss, you lose credibility when you are who they're catering to.
He's rich. He has a spaghetti-Os food truck.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have purchased over 200 vehicles in my lifetime and still going. I will drive them all
before I die.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
What’s truly befuddling to me is how much money, time and catering to the select few Stellantis is following the mistakes of the Big Auto. Meaning they are chasing the Green Agenda crap while they could be beating the Green Agenda Crap. I mean think about how the Big Auto guys could be spending monies to lobby the Green Agenda crap to be better handled. But instead the Green Agenda wack jobs get away with making the Executives of these Auto Manufacturing companies play to their tune. It is so backwards and sadly there are major donations being made world wide to promote the Green Agenda via organized movements to battle the opposers. And yes instead of the companies like Stellantis being more creative to counter the strict ridiculous Green Agenda bullying by continuing to build Ice vehicles they cave to the fears and economic fines. But yet for the amount of monies spent they could be more creative and carve a select niche to the Ice and offer choices. The creative choices would offset the Green Agenda fines and cater or should I say appease the wackos to keep a better balance on change. Wake up Stellantis this ain’t the European flair crowd wanting to be pushed in to the Green Agenda where you can’t see the Forest for the Trees.
Go look what people are listing their Hummer EVs for online.
Double MSRP and supposedly they are selling.
Ford has over 100k Lightning orders.
GM saying similar about its SilvErado

I think there is HUGE demand for electric cars right now.

Being able to plug the car in at night and have a full tank like your phone is very appealing to many.

Phones typically die out after 2 years or so.
Will cars make it to 61 months and now you need a new one?
"Can't update the car because it runs on the old hardware and its not compatible"

Im interested in a hybrid. But I believe im a long ways a way from ever owning an EV.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Best thing they can do for their base is make @Speedy! the Donut Maker. That will help our attitude and confidence in the future of Dodge.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Today is the day 22nd for episode 2. Anyone know what time it will be shown?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think Preston P is a contender who’s everyone else’s picks and yeh I want speedy to get get her done😁