Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Best all around tire?

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
It's interesting to note that there is not a universal treadwear standard across all tire manufacturers, they all have a different scale. So a 200 Michelin does not equal a 200 Continental...etc.
200 means it tested to 2 times as good as the control which would be 100. All tires, from all manufacturers are tested against the same standards.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ironically, "longer treadwear" tires can wear faster than "shorter treadwear" tires due to spinning that you aren't even aware of on acceleration... Nothing wears tires faster than spinning them, and I found that the Hellcat can be spinning without me noticing it when I get on it in 2nd or 3rd gear. (I don't have traction control disabled.)

So, I'm thinking of some nice, sticky tires for the next set simply because eliminating wheelspin may make them last longer, irony of ironies, than the higher-treadwear-rated tires. Oh, and be more fun, too...
I put a set of 245 all seasons on my car for the winter....and they are pretty useless. They spin with the greatest of ease. So yeah....they are gonna last as long as their treadware rating says. Not by a long shot.