Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Before Wiles started on Charger Shafts...

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
There was a place called CCI that everyone seemed to love.

They confirmed my order Monday morning, had tracking in my hand tuesday evening and it showed up this afternoon...a little over 72hrs from email to doorstep! That's hauling the mail!

20200430_192041.jpg

They had stopped production along with almost all major guys in the game a few months back. Seems everyone had some sort of issue or another.

I got on this waiting list back before the new year and this is one of the first new run ones hot off the bench for us longer guys (heh heh heh)...

I don't know when I'll get around to it...or IF I even will...my garage is a mess and I'm the kind to do multiple things at once. Exhaust has to come down so perfect time for upgrade right? :rolleyes:

I am 2 17" beadlocks away from finding out how weak the stock axles and rear are. They're probably next knowing my luck.

Car is a Dusterhoff Stg 4 on 2.85/2.79/flex daily and 2.50/E85 track only. Catless, LMI, FIC1200's, etc.

Will be first time at the track in 3 years since I took my 6spd CTS-V to a heads up airport drag and went 7-1

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
There was a place called CCI that everyone seemed to love.

They confirmed my order Monday morning, had tracking in my hand tuesday evening and it showed up this afternoon...a little over 72hrs from email to doorstep! That's hauling the mail!

View attachment 16855

They had stopped production along with almost all major guys in the game a few months back. Seems everyone had some sort of issue or another.

I got on this waiting list back before the new year and this is one of the first new run ones hot off the bench for us longer guys (heh heh heh)...

I don't know when I'll get around to it...or IF I even will...my garage is a mess and I'm the kind to do multiple things at once. Exhaust has to come down so perfect time for upgrade right? :rolleyes:

I am 2 17" beadlocks away from finding out how weak the stock axles and rear are. They're probably next knowing my luck.

Car is a Dusterhoff Stg 4 on 2.85/2.79/flex daily and 2.50/E85 track only. Catless, LMI, FIC1200's, etc.

Will be first time at the track in 3 years since I took my 6spd CTS-V to a heads up airport drag and went 7-1
any pics of the shaft out of the box ,like to see how it compares to the first CCI shafts. which is what I have.

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
20200430_205047.jpg 20200430_205140.jpg 20200430_205210.jpg

I believe the previous ones had the slip on the shaft side of the Universal. That isnt the case now.

This is a true one piece aluminum with some big ass U joints that look to be easily serviceable, a sonnax flange on the one end and a custom slip spline collar/flange on the other. I'm gonna guess that was the part that was custom made for this application and what took so long to finish.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If you're rowing gears, you'll find out how weak the axles are, but if you're letting an A8 do the work, I think you'll be fine.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
4 inch I assume? Wonder if they make a unit for Barton equipped M6 drivers?

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Indeed. 4".

They are also supposed to be offering this in carbon fiber as well as Steel but I'm not sure why anyone would want that version.

I want to say the old one did have some clearance issues with Barton. Not sure if that has since been rectified for this run

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
If you're rowing gears, you'll find out how weak the axles are, but if you're letting an A8 do the work, I think you'll be fine.
Never heard “ rowing gears” before ,brilliant made me laugh.👍

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
View attachment 16861 View attachment 16860 View attachment 16859

I believe the previous ones had the slip on the shaft side of the Universal. That isnt the case now.

This is a true one piece aluminum with some big ass U joints that look to be easily serviceable, a sonnax flange on the one end and a custom slip spline collar/flange on the other. I'm gonna guess that was the part that was custom made for this application and what took so long to finish.
That's nice looking work there....

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Agree; less drive line shock with the gentle A8