Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bad news, and pardon my absence

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Get yourself checked, and try to stay healthy. You'll be able to catch up on the shenanigans when you can.

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Best wishes to you and your family from Canada.....perhaps everyone could move this discussion to another thread since this is all about support for Magnified.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Best wishes to you and family my friend. I also wish all the forum doctors in this thread would just back off. Don't need cat fights right now, only positive thinking.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Sending healthy vibes to you and your family, get well soon!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Tell the Covid to....just walk away....

487f06cd9788e1e486b726626d6a0255.jpeg

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
@Magnified hope everything works out for you.

As a PSA it's getting annoying seeing these types of threads, some of you must really be bored.

As a resident physician these threads make my brain hurt, none of you are doctors as far as I know so stop recommending stuff, there is a reason you have a gen prac doctor. Dicuss your issues with them and leave the peanut gallery comments regarding treatment options to yourself.

Some of you guys are berating doctors but they went to specialized school for 4 years and trained for another 3-8 years depending on the specialty, I would think after a decade of training they shouldn't be compared to mechanics who work on cars when they are shut down.... humans don't shut down, I would like to see a mechanic try to work on a running car.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
@Magnified hope everything works out for you.

As a PSA it's getting annoying seeing these types of threads, some of you must really be bored.

As a resident physician these threads make my brain hurt, none of you are doctors as far as I know so stop recommending stuff, there is a reason you have a gen prac doctor. Dicuss your issues with them and leave the peanut gallery comments regarding treatment options to yourself.

Some of you guys are berating doctors but they went to specialized school for 4 years and trained for another 3-8 years depending on the specialty, I would think after a decade of training they shouldn't be compared to mechanics who work on cars when they are shut down.... humans don't shut down, I would like to see a mechanic try to work on a running car.
The reference to Mechanics is you should deal with a physician who has prior experience with a known disease. Not the Doctor is incompetent and yeah I talked to my doctor which I think I have mentioned this like a few times and the answer was no to using this product at this time. But if your in dire circumstances at the ICU then the practicing doctor will make the final call. And once again the conversation is do you as a patient have the right to decide what you want and or no you don't. And being in the field as you have disclosed what do you know about handling the COVID and not a challenge a question to help others understand without an agenda and bias view.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The reference to Mechanics is you should deal with a physician who has prior experience with a known disease. Not the Doctor is incompetent and yeah I talked to my doctor which I think I have mentioned this like a few times and the answer was no to using this product at this time. But if your in dire circumstances at the ICU then the practicing doctor will make the final call. And once again the conversation is do you as a patient have the right to decide what you want and or no you don't. And being in the field as you have disclosed what do you know about handling the COVID and not a challenge a question to help others understand without an agenda and bias view.

Well half of this thread is talking about conspiracy theories which is what I was really getting at, coalition of drs, etc etc

You as a patient have the final call on whether you want treatment or not, that does not mean the dr will take your advice on what to prescribe.

Many doctors have not had experience with a pandemic before and a new strain of what essentially is a superflu on steroids. That does not discredit their previous work, again comparing them to mechanics is about the dumbest thing I have heard.

I'm not calling out you or anyone specifically, I'm addressing this as a whole, nor will I be giving advice over the internet(I don't have or want anybodys medical history) , follow the protocols of social distancing and if everybody does their part on the mask front we stop the spread. The vaccine is a good 3-12 months away and who knows maybe when a vaccine comes out everyone already has adaptive immunity.

I'm here in this forum as a hellcat owner/enthusiast, not here as anybody's doctor.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Well half of this thread is talking about conspiracy theories which is what I was really getting at, coalition of drs, etc etc

You as a patient have the final call on whether you want treatment or not, that does not mean the dr will take your advice on what to prescribe.

Many doctors have not had experience with a pandemic before and a new strain of what essentially is a superflu on steroids. That does not discredit their previous work, again comparing them to mechanics is about the dumbest thing I have heard.

I'm not calling out you or anyone specifically, I'm addressing this as a whole, nor will I be giving advice over the internet(I don't have or want anybodys medical history) , follow the protocols of social distancing and if everybody does their part on the mask front we stop the spread. The vaccine is a good 3-12 months away and who knows maybe when a vaccine comes out everyone already has adaptive immunity.

I'm here in this forum as a hellcat owner/enthusiast, not here as anybody's doctor.
Thanks 2pac for answering and understand.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
I believe in the coming days the unmasking of hydroxychloroquine and its affects on the virus will be out and all the never Trumpers will be eating crow!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

Fair enough. Be safe yourself. Very hard to find answers these days, thus the desire to get your experiences with COVID-19. Definitely a nasty strain and we WILL get through this.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thanks 2pac for answering and understand.
So as far as understanding covid goes,

Droplet protocol, I went over this in another thread but basically anytime you breathe, cough, sneeze you disperse droplets.

In an infected person or somebody who has recovered from covid these particles can be transmitted to a person or multiple people, it's in the air we breathe.

Where masks come in is they protect others from you. (This is not 100% foolproof though, the mask still allows for exchange of air and thus the droplets can still get through and infect someone else)

But anyway you breathe in these droplets and your body fights or tries to fight the virus, a fever is the first sign that your body is attempting to dispel foreign "agents."

Here's the complicated part, some patients are reporting symptoms that can be attributed to things other than covid, i.e soreness, pain, etc etc You can feel soreness/pain from throwing out your back, does that mean you have covid? Probably not.

Currently there is no definitive cure, your body is left to fight off covid on its own, those with respiratory issues and pre existing health conditions have an uphill battle and the lack of proper treatment options leaves them to essentially sink or swim. I'm not saying there aren't treatments but what I am saying is that the medical community cannot definitely pinpoint and agree on one.

Here's something for children, kawasaki syndrome has been on the rise for kids 0-5 who have or had covid, does that correlate with covid or is this happening in general? I don't know, again there's no definitive studies or proof stating for a fact that covid is causing kawasaki syndrome.

There is a lot of Misinformation out there, I take everything with a grain of salt, there are countless articles on the web spewing nonsense.

At this point the safe thing to do is be as cautious as you can, covid may not affect you but you could pass it on to someone who is seriously affected by it.

That's all I have for you guys, we could go thousands of posts discussing symptoms, treatments, etc etc.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Honestly haven't looked into these. The main study dealt with higher doses of hydroxychloroquine hurting folks? I admit I have no idea.

Stay safe everyone and hope to get good news from Magnified soon.
I've taken a ton of this stuff during my lifetime (for malaria avoidance) galavanting around for the govt. Not sure if any of it was more than the standard dosage, we were told to make sure we took all of it when we were supposed to. I didn't notice any weird side effects.....but that could be because I'm already weird :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: HAH!! Beat you all to it

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Fair enough. Be safe yourself. Very hard to find answers these days, thus the desire to get your experiences with COVID-19. Definitely a nasty strain and we WILL get through this.
No, I completely understand everyone wants info, and like @ChargerChallenger was alluding to, nobody wants an incompetent doctor. The patient shouldn't have to understand as much as the doctor and correct him. We all like informed patients because it's easier to explain things, but many doctors do not take kindly to suggestions outside of family medicine.

I get it, and I'll be honest not every doctor is as open to new ideas and suggestions as I would like to think that I am, there are definitely incompetent and hardheaded doctors out there as I said before.

We are in the age of information overload and the tv media isn't as strong as what they used to be so they try to be polarizing in order to capture the viewers attention.

Everyone wants info on covid, it's all anyone talks about these days, the amount of misdirection and ridiculous things I have heard about covid are unreal, covid is like politics at the moment, everyone has an opinion on it.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Best wishes and recovery to the OP and I pray if your kid does have Covid he/she gets over it rapidly. I just went thew this recently myself (myself and other family members got it). We all recovered from it (some of us took longer than others). Imo it seems this virus is highly contagious (I don't get sick in the summer), and I was barely around the infected area (couple hours).

My symptoms were:
Random painful muscle aches
Post nasal drip
Fatigue
Head cold (Congestion)
Loss of taste/smell
Slight fever (one time for roughly a few hours) of 99

I took Tylenol and Sudafed for the worst of it. There is a lot of fear behind this virus (some justified, some not). Just take care of yourself best you can. It's an odd virus with rollercoaster-like symptoms (you can feel good one day and back to bad again the next).

Now that I've had it once, there is no guesswork as to how my body will react to it (if I get it again). If anything, hopefully next time around it'll be easier on my body. That's at least some peace of mind after getting the virus.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You and yours will be fine @Magnified

FK covid

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good luck. I have come very close to having to be treated. Stay safe. I willl have a shine or 2 fer ya and family. I think the only con cock shun keepeing me alive in Fl.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Good luck. I have come very close to having to be treated. Stay safe. I willl have a shine or 2 fer ya and family. I think the only con cock shun keepeing me alive in Fl.
A survivor of the 1918 Spanish flu said, "Those that drank whiskey lived. Those that didn't died." So, maybe you're on to something, Ster. [biggrin]

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
Last edited:

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger

Well then don't give us your 2 cents about Dr. shit. The way I read it you are a resident physician. That means your in training to be a Dr. so the way I see it you don't really know much more than me.

Last edited: