Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Widebody Hellcat Charger Ugly?

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Figured I’d start a thread and see how many charger guys are on board with the new bulbous flares they’re integrating with the 2020 HC Charger. I’m not exactly a hater. But I think the flares just throw off the lines of the car. Personally I’m a fan of the WB challengers but the 2020 Charger HC with these style flares just looks off and doesn’t do it for me. Glad I got my 19!

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I prefer the standard body version of both, but to be honest, I think the flares work better on the Charger than they do the Challenger. Bonus points that they used the opportunity to give the WB Charger unique front and rear fascias.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Ive never been a Charger fan. At all. Just seems so bland looking to me. Until the WB was shown. Personally I think this is what has been missing looks-wise, and I completely get why the HC will now only be a WB. This debate reminds me of the WB Challenger at first. And I was a flare hater too. Fast forward to now, I'm liking the flares better. Weird how time does that.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The Magnum and 300 both had/have flared fenders and look great. How is this even a discussion?

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I'll have to see one in person honestly. Even with the flares and bigger tires, it's still having traction issues which is this cars kryptonite.

Looks are subjective I guess, I wouldn't say it's butt ugly but its not the best looking widebody sedan. However, no one will mistake it for a V6 anymore so that's a plus haha!

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
I'll have to see one in person honestly. Even with the flares and bigger tires, it's still having traction issues which is this cars kryptonite.

Looks are subjective I guess, I wouldn't say it's butt ugly but its not the best looking widebody sedan. However, no one will mistake it for a V6 anymore so that's a plus haha!
If You’re on Perelli’s you’ll always have problems. I have 295 Michelin ps4s on 10.5 rears and I have no traction issues over 25mph

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
If You’re on Perelli’s you’ll always have problems. I have 295 Michelin ps4s on 10.5 rears and I have no traction issues over 25mph
The charger can already fit 305’s under the rear without the flares. 305 fronts are unnecessary.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ive never been a Charger fan. At all. Just seems so bland looking to me. Until the WB was shown. Personally I think this is what has been missing looks-wise, and I completely get why the HC will now only be a WB. This debate reminds me of the WB Challenger at first. And I was a flare hater too. Fast forward to now, I'm liking the flares better. Weird how time does that.
It works like this when you first saw the flares on the Challenger you had a honest reaction to how it looked and how it made you feel. You knew instantaneously if it pleased your eye or not. Fast forward after seeing it over and over and over now your used to it. So your eye passes over things that jumped out at you at first. Your learning to like it because every video and picture you see has WB. Funny how the mind works. Happens with ugly women too. The first time you see one you notice all the things you don't like. See the same face over and over and they start to not look as ugly. You look past the flaws because your brain would rather focus on the things that please it and disregard what it can. That is why you have heard people say go with your first choice or instinct. Flares are for road course cars or off road trucks. That is all the time I got right now for car psychology.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Nice mark. I like it. Well I’m a plain clothes man myself.. when I look at my 19 in the garage and I look at a picture of the WB 2020 HC Charger.. it’s just not an upgrade in terms of appearances. To me it’s a downgrade. Now if they throw 4 wheel drive or a RedEye engine in it.. i might overlook those ques I’m not impressed with.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Nice mark. I like it. Well I’m a plain clothes man myself.. when I look at my 19 in the garage and I look at a picture of the WB 2020 HC Charger.. it’s just not an upgrade in terms of appearances. To me it’s a downgrade. Now if they throw 4 wheel drive or a RedEye engine in it.. i might overlook those ques I’m not impressed with.
Stare at a picture of it every day for a month and you will start to like it. :D

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
I’ll tell you the widebody I do like.. the Carbon Fiber HC Widebody Charger built by Speedkore for SEMA In November. Over 1000 plus pounds of Twist and Hp. Demon Engine. Twin Turbo. Ohhh and AWD! Uhhh.. can we get one??? Nope.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
The Magnum and 300 both had/have flared fenders and look great. How is this even a discussion?
and fitting right in with the best ...

DSC06782.jpg

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I'm still undecided on the look, waiting to see it in person before I make up my mind.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Figured I’d start a thread and see how many charger guys are on board with the new bulbous flares they’re integrating with the 2020 HC Charger. I’m not exactly a hater. But I think the flares just throw off the lines of the car. Personally I’m a fan of the WB challengers but the 2020 Charger HC with these style flares just looks off and doesn’t do it for me. Glad I got my 19!

Exactly the opposite, I don't care for the WB Challengers, especially with the tacked on flairs, but I REALLY like the WB Chargers! And being that I just learned that the flairs on the WB Chargers are integrated, I'm in love with them.

That being said, I still am a Challenger guy.

I also now have hope that the WB Challenger CAN in fact be made with integrated flairs being that FCA did go through the effort with the Charger!!! :oops: Does everybody remember the first appearance of the WB Challenger and how the reason for the tacked on flairs was that the "tooling for an integrated flair would be too expensive..."

Huh, anybody? Bueller?

;)

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’ll have to see it in person, but so far I like them.
I don’t, however, like the fact that we don’t have an NB option anymore for 2020. Would have been great if it came with 797hp.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
It works like this when you first saw the flares on the Challenger you had a honest reaction to how it looked and how it made you feel. You knew instantaneously if it pleased your eye or not. Fast forward after seeing it over and over and over now your used to it. So your eye passes over things that jumped out at you at first. Your learning to like it because every video and picture you see has WB. Funny how the mind works. Happens with ugly women too. The first time you see one you notice all the things you don't like. See the same face over and over and they start to not look as ugly. You look past the flaws because your brain would rather focus on the things that please it and disregard what it can. That is why you have heard people say go with your first choice or instinct. Flares are for road course cars or off road trucks. That is all the time I got right now for car psychology.
Funny thing is my first gut reaction to the WB Charger was that it looked far better. Polar opposite of the Challenger. And I def disagree about looking at an ugly picture long enough making it look good lol. Ive looked at tons of pics of ‘97-04 Corvettes and in person actually hoping to like them. Nope. Butt ugly day one and still butt ugly. And I WANTED to like em.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Funny thing is my first gut reaction to the WB Charger was that it looked far better. Polar opposite of the Challenger. And I def disagree about looking at an ugly picture long enough making it look good lol. Ive looked at tons of pics of ‘97-04 Corvettes and in person actually hoping to like them. Nope. Butt ugly day one and still butt ugly. And I WANTED to like em.
I actually also felt that the widebody Charger looks better then the regular charger. The widebody Hellcats are starting to grow on me too but only at certain angles. I bet you the 97-04 Corvettes may still look butt ugly to you but not as butt ugly ....maybe a little less butt ugly as when you first looked at them. :unsure:o_O

Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Agree, but not sure about the ugly woman analogy. That requires alcohol.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I prefer the looks of the Widebody on both the Challenger and Charger. The Widebody just makes the cars look meaner to me.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT

Why you gotta do a call out to us V6 owners? :cry: I just can't afford my 392 right now. LOL
Got to really play around with a guy in a Hellcat Challenger the other day. Went from stop light to stop light. Poor guy didn't know that the stock tires do nothing, and spun a good bit before traction grabbed. I was enjoying it. :LOL: