Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Redeye shifting hiccups

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Has anyone tried to shut off the traction control completely and see if it still hiccups? If I get mine out this weekend, it is going to be real cool so it will tend to want to hiccup to save its mechanical self. I will try to play around with the traction and stability totally off. I have noticed the better it runs and IF it catches a bit of wheel spin at the top RPM’s it pauses that shift IMO to save itself or the driver. It is a bullshit hiccup and Dodge needs to optimize whatever they are trying to do in the program.

@DodgeCares you in on this? How can you help the majority of us?

OP
JDOTZ
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cherry Hill
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 widebody redeye
Thread Starter #23
Has anyone tried to shut off the traction control completely and see if it still hiccups? If I get mine out this weekend, it is going to be real cool so it will tend to want to hiccup to save its mechanical self. I will try to play around with the traction and stability totally off. I have noticed the better it runs and IF it catches a bit of wheel spin at the top RPM’s it pauses that shift IMO to save itself or the driver. It is a bullshit hiccup and Dodge needs to optimize whatever they are trying to do in the program.

@DodgeCares you in on this? How can you help the majority of us?
I did 3 runs in track with traction and stability completely off and the last run was track with sport traction

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I did 3 runs in track with traction and stability completely off and the last run was track with sport traction
Shit. It still hiccuped?

OP
JDOTZ
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cherry Hill
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 widebody redeye
Thread Starter #25

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I just posted a few of my thoughts in the other thread. Thanks @EricG for reminding me to review what we all posted a year ago, and we still have nothing from @DodgeCares or Dodge anybody, and it reminded me they generally ignore us GOOD customers. There is lots of good stuff to buy right now.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
My TRX does this sometimes on the 2-3 shift but only in sport mode.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
This issue is normally associated with improper tire pressure and or poor track conditions. Ive always been able to remedy this with proper tire settings. Nothing wrong with the cars, you just need to learn what the car wants. The so called hiccup results from the engine coming up on the limiter too fast due to excessive wheel speed in most cases. Other remedies can include running a 2.62 gear or taller back tire.

OP
JDOTZ
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cherry Hill
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 widebody redeye
Thread Starter #29
This issue is normally associated with improper tire pressure and or poor track conditions. Ive always been able to remedy this with proper tire settings. Nothing wrong with the cars, you just need to learn what the car wants. The so called hiccup results from the engine coming up on the limiter too fast due to excessive wheel speed in most cases. Other remedies can include running a 2.62 gear or taller back tire.
So I started that night at 17psi in the rear and the track was holding it well. Each run I added half a pound and was going to continue to go up until the track wouldn't hold it anymore. I can tell you I'm 100% sure I wasn't spinning at all. I also have a taller tire. I'm running a 315 50 17. I do have the upgraded option from the factory for the 3.09 rear. I have a few buddy's with redeyes and none of their cars are doing what mine is doing. Their cars are all 2019 with varying options some have a 2.62 amd some a 3.09. Some run 305 45 17 and some run what I have. My other buddy is coming with me on Friday to run his for the 1st time and his is identical to mine as far as year and rear. We will see what happens this Friday but I'm pretty confident it's not what tire pressure, tires, or rear I'm running. Appreciate the info and I will try to go lower in pressure and will keep ya updated.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Hi @JDOTZ , @Idoru99 , @Slowpoke387 , @Hpmaniac and @DGatzby ,
There is a STAR case that appears to address concerns similar to the symptoms that you are having with your vehicle. To ensure this STAR case applies, we would like to get you into the dealer to have a qualified technician review the details of the STAR case and specifics of your vehicle. Once reviewed, the technician can then perform the repair procedure that best matches the symptoms and diagnosis of your vehicle. The STAR number is STAR S1821000001.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
I just posted a few of my thoughts in the other thread. Thanks @EricG for reminding me to review what we all posted a year ago, and we still have nothing from @DodgeCares or Dodge anybody, and it reminded me they generally ignore us GOOD customers. There is lots of good stuff to buy right now.
Hi @DGatzby ,
Thank you for the tag and bringing this to our attention.

Rob
Dodge Cares

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Have you tried other modes besides track? I know its a different transmission, but I've had customers with scat packs have a similar issue in track mode, but not in sport or normal mode

OP
JDOTZ
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cherry Hill
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 widebody redeye
Thread Starter #33
Have you tried other modes besides track? I know its a different transmission, but I've had customers with scat packs have a similar issue in track mode, but not in sport or normal mode
I have not. I will try sport mode and a custom mode. The reason why I run in track mode is because it turns the fan on. I have a 2020 widebody and can turn the chiller on in any mode but in the 19's it only turns on in track mode.

Indigo Joe

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
The sticks
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
How much fuel did you have in the tank ?

OP
JDOTZ
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cherry Hill
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 widebody redeye
Thread Starter #35

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hi @DGatzby ,
Thank you for the tag and bringing this to our attention.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Thank you Sir. I will work with my great dealer on this. Good info.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Thank you Sir. I will work with my great dealer on this. Good info.
Sounds great! Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation.

Rob
Dodge Cares

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
^^^Technical Service Bulletin.

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
@DodgeCares
Rob, Can you get us any info on what this update provides, and when it was released?

TRANS:
21-046-18 - Flash: Transmission Control Module (TCM) Updates

TIA

Sounds great! Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation.

Rob
Dodge Cares
es

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
@DodgeCares
Rob, Can you get us any info on what this update provides, and when it was released?

TRANS:
21-046-18 - Flash: Transmission Control Module (TCM) Updates

TIA

es
We are happy to help! I have attached TSB 21-046-18 below.

Rob
Dodge Cares
1634918990389.png