Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ZO6 is 2023 availability guess the Hellcats continue to be KING.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Anyone shocked at the electric thing must be living in a cave. All manufacturers will be forced to do it sooner than later. This should not be earth shattering news. See what I did there? Lol.
Don't even have to go that far, look at the comments about "no replacement for displacement."

GG tax gotta go! See what M and AMG did, smaller displacement with turbo's, wouldn't be surprised to see that on next gen, switch to awd was made shortly thereafter.

Really interested to see what srt does on the next gen, I think hybrid motors are quite a while away from srt's Lineup.

The key point in terms of the c8 z06 is that the stock tune tends to be very conservative, it's not out of the realm to pull another 50-70hp off a piggyback like a jb4 or an actual tune could net 100+hp and lb ft torque, the real test will be seeing the implementation of turbo's in the c8 and avoiding turbo lag.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
If Dodge dropped a 500hp turbo 6 with a manual option and rwd in something that weighed about 800-1000lbs less, sign me up.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If Dodge dropped a 500hp turbo 6 with a manual option and rwd in something that weighed about 800-1000lbs less, sign me up.
Cant imagine what they could build..and drop that much weight..but it would get my attention as well

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
It would be tough to do while not bastardizing the looks and roomy interior. But if weight could be down while getting it to hook it would be interesting. Of course using exotic light weight stuff will probably damage the price point as well.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It would be tough to do while not bastardizing the looks and roomy interior. But if weight could be down while getting it to hook it would be interesting. Of course using exotic light weight stuff will probably damage the price point as well.
Form more than function...Its gotta look good...no matter how it performs

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
Well they kinda do and it’s the sister company Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio it weighs about 600lbs less. I was very interested in getting one until I drove one. She’s fast but not even close to the HC kick in the pants and I was amazed she wasn’t more fun. The interior sucks kinda cheesy and the back seat is no better than the Challengers and she’s a four door. That was hard pass and really disappointed.
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/cars/giulia/quadrifoglio/specs

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
So, they are going to supplement that little twin turbo with a pair of electric FWD motors boys. That will stop any questions of; quick enough? I read about that a year or two ago. Don’t doubt our own platform may contain a couple of electric FWD motors to help get our asses rolling soon at a store near you too!

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
Well they kinda do and it’s the sister company Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio it weighs about 600lbs less. I was very interested in getting one until I drove one. She’s fast but not even close to the HC kick in the pants and I was amazed she wasn’t more fun. The interior sucks kinda cheesy and the back seat is no better than the Challengers and she’s a four door. That was hard pass and really disappointed.
I think Dodge should build a 2 door off of this platform. That's how you get a sub 3800lb Cuda out of the deal.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
So, they are going to supplement that little twin turbo with a pair of electric FWD motors boys. That will stop any questions of; quick enough? I read about that a year or two ago. Don’t doubt our own platform may contain a couple of electric FWD motors to help get our asses rolling soon at a store near you too!
Heard that too and really looking forward to it

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Stretch the Giulia, add something like a 4.4 or 5.0 twin turbo v8 and awd + updated tech and that would be solid for 90k.

So basically an all new platform 😂😂

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I was thinking stepping down to the Camaro/Mustang arena. A little smaller than both but maybe a 2+2 deal. Chevy has missed the mark badly with the Camaro so it could be a way to steal some of the Mustang's popularity.
FCA's interiors blow away GM's and until the 2021 F150/Bronco, Fords as well.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
strip out the extra luxury and stick a t56 in it and make it more "murica" and i think that would be a cool little car.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
C8 Corvette Z06 will now reportedly come with a naturally aspirated V8...

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 10.46.05 AM.png

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
C8 Corvette Z06 will now reportedly come with a naturally aspirated V8...

View attachment 23532
This is what i have been hearing. 5.5L 32V flat plane crank deal. 550-600hp and something stupid like 8000rpm redline.

Imagine that with a couple of snails?!

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Actually predicting 9000 RPM redline. That's screaming! I just wonder what torque down low will be like?

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
wonder how they are going to manage vibration with flat plane crank, Ford certainly went through some trial and error. The General has thrown a lot of money at the C8, Hope they throw well spent money at the flag ship Z06 to keep it together and rotating as smooth as possible

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Funny how tastes go. I never liked the Corvette at all until the new body style. Now I love it. Doesn't look like the old stereo type Corvette anymore.

View attachment 23210
Kinda funny cause not be a vette fan at all the new car pushes me away more

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Actually predicting 9000 RPM redline. That's screaming! I just wonder what torque down low will be like?
My thought it not enough. Having a Dodge making power at 6k or so is way more impressive to me then having to spin it 8k or more

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
wonder how they are going to manage vibration with flat plane crank, Ford certainly went through some trial and error. The General has thrown a lot of money at the C8, Hope they throw well spent money at the flag ship Z06 to keep it together and rotating as smooth as possible
I talked to a friend last weekend and he said the GT350 which was made for the track are having issues living. Some have had to change out the flat plane crank or change the oiling system

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI