Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Your thoughts on best option for installing rear seat delete

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Hey Guys, Curious on your thoughts related to the rear seat delete option for our Hellcats and Redeyes. I just got my WBRE last month, and yesterday I installed the demon rear seat delete. It brought me to the question on what is better from a resale standpoint. Having the RSD as a factory ordered option as identified on the manifest, or ordering car complete like I did and removing rear seat after the fact. I see pros and cons to both... Factory ordered keeps the car "stock" but is limited to 2 legal occupants ONLY regardless if you ever installed the rear seat down the road. Removing the seat yourself is more expensive overall, but allows the car to be configured as RSD or with 4 occupant capacity depending on what future owners are looking for.

Let me know your thoughts!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hey Guys, Curious on your thoughts related to the rear seat delete option for our Hellcats and Redeyes. I just got my WBRE last month, and yesterday I installed the demon rear seat delete. It brought me to the question on what is better from a resale standpoint. Having the RSD as a factory ordered option as identified on the manifest, or ordering car complete like I did and removing rear seat after the fact. I see pros and cons to both... Factory ordered keeps the car "stock" but is limited to 2 legal occupants ONLY regardless if you ever installed the rear seat down the road. Removing the seat yourself is more expensive overall, but allows the car to be configured as RSD or with 4 occupant capacity depending on what future owners are looking for.

Let me know your thoughts!
It depends on the buyer. Most would probably want the rear seat option. I am one of those who ordered my Redeye with the delete. I would not buy a Redeye, Hellcat or Demon without a factory rear seat delete but that is just me.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Hell I’ve had my rear seat delete kit on order now for 4 month’s

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #4
It only took 5 days to get mine. Even got the Demon variant. I just ordered it by individual components.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It only took 5 days to get mine. Even got the Demon variant. I just ordered it by individual components.
Who ever buys the car is going to buy it cause he likes it...with or without the seat...wouldn't be overly concerned with the whole stock or not stock...

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Do you have the parts list you could send me ??

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
IMO whether the rear seat delete is stock or owner installed isnt going to matter at all in the future unless maybe you are talking about a demon. Some will like it some wont. If it has both options Its far more interesting to me. Rear seat delete without the rear seat is less desireable to me. So unless I was looking for a low option stripper to modify and race Id want the back seat. If racing, Im not going to give a rip if it was stock or not because Im modifying it and "ruining" the value anyway.

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #8
Absolutely... Here you go!

Attachments

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
It depends on the buyer. Most would probably want the rear seat option. I am one of those who ordered my Redeye with the delete. I would not buy a Redeye, Hellcat or Demon without a factory rear seat delete but that is just me.
I daily drive my redeye with a toddler seat in the back. It's the true beauty of these cars IMO, can use them for about anything, including drag racing ;)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Smart money buys the car with seats and then picks up the relatively cheap RSD and installs, wraps the original seats in cloth and bubble wrap, and puts them away.

Going from RSD ordered car to rear seats is much more involved and $$$$.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
So we’re are most of you ordering the Mopar rear seat delete from?
I want the Demon rear seat delete kit!
Is there a company that sells the Demon kit that does not ask for the vin#?
Ive seen a few cats with the Demon kit.

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #12
The only difference in the kit is the lower tray. You can order that part from Mopar without a VIN. All pieces are readily available, sourced from your local dealer.

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #13
BOM attached here, my invoice is attached a few posts earlier.

Attachments

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
The only difference in the kit is the lower tray. You can order that part from Mopar without a VIN. All pieces are readily available, sourced from your local dealer.
I thought that the Demon one was precut under that tray to install a harness bar in the back if you wanted to & the Mopar one is not precut.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hell I’ve had my rear seat delete kit on order now for 4 month’s
I had mine on order since late July 2019......my ship dates kept getting pushed.....and I finally gave up about 2 weeks ago and cancelled the order. I could use that money for something else.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
IMO whether the rear seat delete is stock or owner installed isnt going to matter at all in the future unless maybe you are talking about a demon. Some will like it some wont. If it has both options Its far more interesting to me. Rear seat delete without the rear seat is less desireable to me. So unless I was looking for a low option stripper to modify and race Id want the back seat. If racing, Im not going to give a rip if it was stock or not because Im modifying it and "ruining" the value anyway.
check here for that other info you were asking me about. Not sure if it will help or not but it was more detailed than the info that came with the car.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #17
I thought that the Demon one was precut under that tray to install a harness bar in the back if you wanted to & the Mopar one is not precut.
Correct... Demon tray has the provision. It is detailed in the invoice and bill of materials attached above. Again, this particular part is not VIN protected. They obviously made an error in the coding of the part in the system. I ordered the complete rear seat delete from my dealer and had it in less than a week. Demon Variant. Installed in my car this past Wednesday.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Correct... Demon tray has the provision. It is detailed in the invoice and bill of materials attached above. Again, this particular part is not VIN protected. They obviously made an error in the coding of the part in the system. I ordered the complete rear seat delete from my dealer and had it in less than a week. Demon Variant. Installed in my car this past Wednesday.
Nice. Thanks. Pics?

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country