Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Yikes do I buy another Electric Vehicle😳

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Are you planning to die yesterday because it is already effed up?
LOL this country will be doomed quicker than Al Gore's idea that the sky is falling in less than 10 years and that he invented the internet

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #42
hey everyone watch the whole video and your understanding will be better. And my daughter hates EV vehicles LOL. I really feel most here don’t watch the videos and jump the gun but yeh whatever.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #43
I’m taking my daughter to Mason Dixon race track in the F-450 and she is so excited. She may be the new Farm Truck Girl😂

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
I’m sure @ChargerChallenger you mentioned it in a previous post but how much did your average monthly electric bill increase charging the GT-E every night? Also curious if there are any charging stations around the Beltway that are easy to get to if you are running low on juice?
I pay 11 cents per kw so to recharge the truck say 100kw would $11. 100kw would be 280 miles guess. Take a gas F150 that gets say 16mpg would be 17.5 gallons at 87 octane at $4.39 equals $76.83 dollars. And if you watch my video I say this is not a good long distance travel vehicle per se. And no need to re charge to the vehicle in my travels I do not drive 321 miles in one day working. I might drive 220 miles or so but usually 150 miles average so I am not using charging stations but I get the point.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I’m taking my daughter to Mason Dixon race track in the F-450 and she is so excited. She may be the new Farm Truck Girl😂
Awesome!

Are you going to TnT tomorrow night?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Why the truck? Why not take the T/A and let her do some time trials and race?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
Why the truck? Why not take the T/A and let her do some time trials and race?
I am not teaching her in a manual to stage she will graduate to the manual. She’s never raced at a track and feel the Auto is the better learning experience without ruining my cars.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
Awesome!

Are you going to TnT tomorrow night?
No Tuesday and have to damn busy to even look at Masons schedule but yeh your presence would be appreciated.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I am not teaching her in a manual to stage she will graduate to the manual. She’s never raced at a track and feel the Auto is the better learning experience without ruining my cars.
Just get the feel for the procedure, and launching. Don't worry about taking too long, procedure is important. Might have her watch a few people from the sidelines to see how it works for about 20 minutes or so.

Then get after it.

She'll do fine.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I pay 11 cents per kw so to recharge the truck say 100kw would $11. 100kw would be 280 miles guess. Take a gas F150 that gets say 16mpg would be 17.5 gallons at 87 octane at $4.39 equals $76.83 dollars. And if you watch my video I say this is not a good long distance travel vehicle per se. And no need to re charge to the vehicle in my travels I do not drive 321 miles in one day working. I might drive 220 miles or so but usually 150 miles average so I am not using charging stations but I get the point.
Question was everything else being relatively equal, how much did your monthly electric bill change after you got the car and do you know of any charging stations around the Beltway?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
No Tuesday and have to damn busy to even look at Masons schedule but yeh your presence would be appreciated.
Looks like they have TnT every Friday night in July. I could go on the 8th if that works for you. I'm tied up this Friday and next but good after that.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53
Question was everything else being relatively equal, how much did your monthly electric bill change after you got the car and do you know of any charging stations around the Beltway?
Same monthly I own a company and my bill is $700 a month and sure it will go up another $150 or so but I don’t drive the ev vehicles everyday.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I considered a Lightning but cancelled my order when it wasn’t running in the 3s 0-60. If I’m going to suffer driving an EV, it better be fast. Granted, it’s quicker than a TRX, but I wasn’t going to leave the TRX stock.

Having said that, with the purchase of the Lightning was going to be the $4000 charging station that allows the truck to back-feed the house, as well as several thousands of dollars in solar panels. Now I’m energy independent for my travels and gas companies can kiss my ass. It will take years to make the investment worthwhile, now that I work from home, but the system as a whole may be worth it. I still have the fool ol ICE Explorer for cross country duties.
But it didn’t work out. Can’t justify having an $80k battery sitting in the driveway depreciating…

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
hey everyone watch the whole video and your understanding will be better. And my daughter hates EV vehicles LOL. I really feel most here don’t watch the videos and jump the gun but yeh whatever.
I have a feeling I'm not alone here, but as soon as I see a video is more than 20min on YouTube I'm out. I think you'd have better luck with shorter videos.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
EV part for a true car guy.

s-l500.jpg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Power charge changes coming soon. What looks good today will change soon. Why do you think that the price gap is allowed now?

When are the EV geniuses going to start paying road taxes BOTH FEDERAL AND STATE PER MILE? Soon my friend, so let’s make sure we are clear about what bargain you have now apparently and what it will actually cost in the future. I spent some time with the man who runs CASIO last week. You folks can look forward to prices in the evening about 4x what cc lists for his costs now soon! Or? Your not going to have power after the sun sets!:p

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #58
I have a feeling I'm not alone here, but as soon as I see a video is more than 20min on YouTube I'm out. I think you'd have better luck with shorter videos.
I don’t really care sincerely YouTube doesn’t pay me anything. I just like talking can’t you tell😁

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
Power charge changes coming soon. What looks good today will change soon. Why do you think that the price gap is allowed now?

When are the EV geniuses going to start paying road taxes BOTH FEDERAL AND STATE PER MILE? Soon my friend, so let’s make sure we are clear about what bargain you have now apparently and what it will actually cost in the future. I spent some time with the man who runs CASIO last week. You folks can look forward to prices in the evening about 4x what cc lists for his costs now soon! Or? Your not going to have power after the sun sets!:p
Preaching to the choir I have made mention of this for the last 10’years since Musk sold the biggest fools overpriced cars and the Government bought ii to his Magician show as well.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Can’t justify having an $80k battery sitting in the driveway depreciating…
Some people have more money than brains, but with all that money you can't buy a smarter brain.

The day will come when there are zero emission generators installed in cars & trucks that will continually charge the battery and the battery will only be used during high load circumstances and initiate the generator cycle. The technology is out there but solar panels and windmills are not the answer. Follow the MONEY the current EV revolution is not only inefficient but costly to maintain.

Until that day comes you can count me out buying into the woke EV generation and propaganda spewed by the people with their hands in your pockets

Check out this High tech zero emission generator