Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

WOW FORD ain’t backing down Holly Smokes

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That's because plenty of people don't want the "hassle" of taking a plane ride or a long drive to get something at a better price. I'll certainly drop a few hundred on travel expenses if it means I'm gonna save a few grand.

And then I get a nice scenic break-in ride on the way home.
We hardly ever buy a vehicle closer than 75 miles from us. The local dealers always wants to take our heads off yet when we travel some, they're ready to deal. Maybe it's because they know that they only have 1 shot at us?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
That's because plenty of people don't want the "hassle" of taking a plane ride or a long drive to get something at a better price. I'll certainly drop a few hundred on travel expenses if it means I'm gonna save a few grand.

And then I get a nice scenic break-in ride on the way home.
I obviously agree. Three of three coming up from as many states except the puke place where I live (for now anyway).

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, much of the price differences can also depend on the area a dealer serves, in more than one way.

Take a Ram 1500 for example, since you all know how fond I am of 1/2-tons. You can buy one for just under $36K, without incentives or rebates. Or, you can spend almost $78K on one that's a higher trim level. And that's not even counting the TRX, which can go to $100K.

Probably not many "bottom of the line" models at a dealership in the ritzy part of town,

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well, much of the price differences can also depend on the area a dealer serves, in more than one way.

Take a Ram 1500 for example, since you all know how fond I am of 1/2-tons. You can buy one for just under $36K, without incentives or rebates. Or, you can spend almost $78K on one that's a higher trim level. And that's not even counting the TRX, which can go to $100K.

Probably not many "bottom of the line" models at a dealership in the ritzy part of town,
Many dealers will carry the bottom line in their "commercial" division.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That is true, but how many salesmen will take a potential customer over there? Assuming that the salesman even knows about that part of the dealership.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That is true, but how many salesmen will take a potential customer over there? Assuming that the salesman even knows about that part of the dealership.
Many times they have to turn you over to someone in that department.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
That reminds me of a time in northern ME (Sugarloaf) almost 50 years ago, I pulled to the side of the road, the road was dry and snow free but the very wide shoulder had a thin flat dusting on it. As I pulled over, suddenly something grabbed the car and pulled it right and down! The edge of the road dropped off about a foot into a drainage ditch, but it all appeared perfectly smooth and flat because of the snow on it. Fortunately an old Mainer pulled over in an Eldorado and had some rope and was kind enough to pull me out. He probably was able to laugh with his friends about helping out some dumb kid!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

Agree, it is shocking how trim can double the price, and for what comfort?!?!? Well, they got me...

I fell in love with the heated seats in the HC which is only a 3 season- vehicle, I thought we, as a "mature" couple deserved the same in our winter vehicle. But in the 23 F250 XLT Super Cab heated seats require the Premium package which requires the Sport Appearance package, so you have to pay almost $7200 to get heated seats. At least the F150 doesn't force you to get the Appearance package.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
To the owners:

Do you guys have a preference for the 6 passenger with fold down armrest or the 5 passenger with front console? Why?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I fell in love with the heated seats in the HC which is only a 3 season- vehicle, I thought we, as a "mature" couple deserved the same in our winter vehicle. But in the 23 F250 XLT Super Cab heated seats require the Premium package which requires the Sport Appearance package, so you have to pay almost $7200 to get heated seats.
I can do without heated seats, but love a heated steering wheel.

Went back and forth before ordering my Ram 3500, but as you point out, getting it (and the heated seats) required options I did not want at all. Primarily, it would require a touch screen. Maybe even losing the shift lever for the transfer case.

Decided that I'd rather freeze a little every now and then than to have to deal with a touch screen all the time. Haven't regretted that one bit. If I suddenly do, I'd get the correct steering wheel and use AlfaOBD to make it work.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I wish my M6 had a heated shifter knob!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Heated and cooled seats are an absolute necessity.

If it's cold or your back hurts, it makes it bareable.

Cooled because you never want swamp ass.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I have to admit, when my back hurts, nothing is better than the lumbar support and heated seat of the HC! Maybe I can get Medicare Advantage to reimburse me for it?!?!?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If it's cold or your back hurts, it makes it bareable.
I'm impressed that you even know how to spell cold. Guess that's below 78 degrees for you.

PS. It's snowing here now.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm impressed that you even know how to spell cold. Guess that's below 78 degrees for you.

PS. It's snowing here now.
I lived up north for over 40 years but now, anything below 60° is cold.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
To the owners:

Do you guys have a preference for the 6 passenger with fold down armrest or the 5 passenger with front console? Why?
Console all day long.

In the Sport package F150, you get a center console shifter, which I like (I HATE that damn knob shifter), and you get plenty of storage in the console. Charge ports right in the front and a place to put your phone(s). I just prefer the console after having had them several times in trucks I've owned.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Console all day long.

In the Sport package F150, you get a center console shifter, which I like (I HATE that damn knob shifter), and you get plenty of storage in the console. Charge ports right in the front and a place to put your phone(s). I just prefer the console after having had them several times in trucks I've owned.
I like the console with the column shifter in the Ram. Console is huge, carries a bunch of crap it doesn't have the stupid shift knob that the 1500 had.