Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who said a stock 1320 couldn’t lift the front wheels?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
LOOKS LIKE A SMALLER DIAMETER TIRE ON THE LEFT FRONT, MY IPHONE APP SAYS ITS SMALLER THEN THE RIGHT ,I ASKED SIRI AND SHE AGREED

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I’m just jealous is all
Mine can’t lift the front bumper

Last edited:
OP
P

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #24
Way to go! That is probably the fastest 1320 time reported to date.
Not even close...yesterday, 11.32 stock, 10.77 modified

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
The 1320 comes stock with only a driver’s seat; other seats are options
Do you have a factory single seat?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The 60’ on that run was better than a 1.6, right?
Either way, that’s pretty sweet.

OP
P

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #27
OP
P

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #28
The 60’ on that run was better than a 1.6, right?
Either way, that’s pretty sweet.
No, the 1.617 was it

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Ok, all you photochop experts must explain WHY you believe it to be photoshopped. Looks legit to me and are you really quibbling about tires. Sound like a bunch of Camaro owners in denial.
OK - Why does it look photoshopped to me? Thats easy - look at the perspective on the front end (headlights, tires, grill opening, bumper, splitter, etc) if your looking at the car from the drivers side of the car the perspective should go opposite of what you see in the pic - all of the front end (and items listed above) should be larger in perspective on the drivers side than the passenger side - which this isn't (check out a picture elsewhere from the same general viewpoint) - this picture looks wrong. Thats what I am saying. It could be off slightly because its a picture of a picture, but not to me - thats why I say it looks photoshopped...

OP
P

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #30
OK - Why does it look photoshopped to me? Thats easy - look at the perspective on the front end (headlights, tires, grill opening, bumper, splitter, etc) if your looking at the car from the drivers side of the car the perspective should go opposite of what you see in the pic - all of the front end (and items listed above) should be larger in perspective on the drivers side than the passenger side - which this isn't (check out a picture elsewhere from the same general viewpoint) - this picture looks wrong. Thats what I am saying. It could be off slightly because its a picture of a picture, but not to me - thats why I say it looks photoshopped...
With all due respect, please stop. This was taken by the ATCO track photographer. The only part you got right was it was a poor picture (at an angle so the haters couldn’t complain about my shadow) of a picture.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Jacker up.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I am one of the people who has reservations about a Stock N/A pulling the tires when many higher HP cars can't. I have to see it for myself in person . The demon with almost twice the HP struggles to lift the tires . Plus "stock" is a subjective term . To some of us stock means exactly how it was delivered with zero changes . I'm talking not even the air filter. No wheels and tires, no parts removed or changed , nothing . I'm not trying to Piss in anyone's corn flakes but I'm just trying to explain to the 1320 crew why it's hard for most people to understand.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
With all due respect, please stop. This was taken by the ATCO track photographer. The only part you got right was it was a poor picture (at an angle so the haters couldn’t complain about my shadow) of a picture.
No problem - I was asked and I was only explaining how I came to that conclusion.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don’t know why you guys all think this is a hoax. How sad would it be if it was? Let’s just be happy that it happened.
It doesn’t take HP to do a wheelie... it takes traction and suspension. 485hp is plenty to pop up the front end.
I assumed it took better than a 1.6 60’ and a back tire that wrinkled a little, and a much lighter car, but I don’t think someone would stoop to the level of photoshopping and then making a thread about it.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I am one of the people who has reservations about a Stock N/A pulling the tires when many higher HP cars can't. I have to see it for myself in person . The demon with almost twice the HP struggles to lift the tires . Plus "stock" is a subjective term . To some of us stock means exactly how it was delivered with zero changes . I'm talking not even the air filter. No wheels and tires, no parts removed or changed , nothing . I'm not trying to Piss in anyone's corn flakes but I'm just trying to explain to the 1320 crew why it's hard for most people to understand.

Objectively speaking looking at the mechanicals in the 1320 (transbrake, torque reserve, Demon converter (higher K ratio), suspension, and a nearly 500hp engine) and it possible factory weight reduction (a lack of seats, hollow sway bars, and optional equipment deleted) - getting a single wheel up on skinnies on a well prepped track isn't outrageous especially with a sorted driver mod.

As for the other high powered cars that cannot achieve it - well wheelies aren't ideal anyway. But, the Demon has way more weight over the nose for starters.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Over 100lbs in the wrong place if you’re trying to wheelie when comparing the Demon to the 1320. Probably closer to 200lbs.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I don’t know why you guys all think this is a hoax. How sad would it be if it was? Let’s just be happy that it happened.
It doesn’t take HP to do a wheelie... it takes traction and suspension. 485hp is plenty to pop up the front end.
I assumed it took better than a 1.6 60’ and a back tire that wrinkled a little, and a much lighter car, but I don’t think someone would stoop to the level of photoshopping and then making a thread about it.
First: I did not say it was a hoax
Second: I am not claiming the owner modified the picture
Third: I am not claiming a fact - this is only my opinion.
I am not trying to detract from the thread or hate on anyone, I am only stating my honest opinion. I was willing to sit back and keep my mouth shut - not knowing it was the thread owners car, but I was asked to defend my opinion and that what I did - no more no less.
If I stepped on someones toes, I apologize - that was not my intent.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Objectively speaking looking at the mechanicals in the 1320 (transbrake, torque reserve, Demon converter (higher K ratio), suspension, and a nearly 500hp engine) and it possible factory weight reduction (a lack of seats, hollow sway bars, and optional equipment deleted) - getting a single wheel up on skinnies on a well prepped track isn't outrageous especially with a sorted driver mod.

As for the other high powered cars that cannot achieve it - well wheelies aren't ideal anyway. But, the Demon has way more weight over the nose for starters.
Torque reserve does nothing on a N/A engine . On a boosted engine it holds boost on the launch to build torque. On a N/A engine it changes the timing a degree or 2 ... what's that maybe 7 HP/TQ? Plus all things being equal the demon is only about 150 lbs heavier. Yes on the nose but almost double the HP/TQ more then makes up for that . The suspensions between the 2 cars are very similar . My argument is when anyone says "stock" and there are many changes to the car from how it was delivered . Yes I'm including the guys who claim "stock boost" but rev the car higher then factory ( which builds more boost) . Am I a stickler about details? Maybe . That would be like me saying my car is stock because most of my upgraded parts are stock on other cars . Are these cars capable of lifting tires .... Sure they can with part changes , upgraded part , weight reduction , etc . Look at moparjim he has gone 10..41 with wheels and tires and front swaybar removal . He is the first to point that out and never claims "stock". SRT claims a stock hellcat is an 10.8 car on drag radials .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Over 100lbs in the wrong place if you’re trying to wheelie when comparing the Demon to the 1320. Probably closer to 200lbs.
It's actually just under 150lbs .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
First: I did not say it was a hoax
Second: I am not claiming the owner modified the picture
Third: I am not claiming a fact - this is only my opinion.
I am not trying to detract from the thread or hate on anyone, I am only stating my honest opinion. I was willing to sit back and keep my mouth shut - not knowing it was the thread owners car, but I was asked to defend my opinion and that what I did - no more no less.
If I stepped on someones toes, I apologize - that was not my intent.
No need to apologize. It's all good . It's ok to debate or offer your opinion.