Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

who has used the hoosier dbr

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The 315/50/17 will be better for you with the 2.62 gear for traction. have you run them yet?

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thread Starter #22
The 315/50/17 will be better for you with the 2.62 gear for traction. have you run them yet?
No I havent yet I've been waiting and trying to find someone that has actually used them....and then I heard or read there not good with 2.62 rear.And thats the problem I wish if people dont really know wouldnt suggest.LIke you know you run the tire and with 2.62's so now I know that'll work Thanks I will have to get them coming

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I ran those tires on multiple cars with the 2.62 rear. Make sure your axles and driveline are upgraded to handle it.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
I ran those tires on multiple cars with the 2.62 rear. Make sure your axles and driveline are upgraded to handle it.
will do I know the 315's will sure kinda shock the driveline I already have a alum. driveshaft and diff brace but axle's are stock

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
I've used 305 45 18 MT R's, 315 50 17 MT R's and finally the DBR in a 29.5x10.5x17. Wish I would have found them sooner... all my experience is on the street but I like them A LOT better. Even in the cold, with no burnout they hook on the street like crazy. If they hook this good on the street, i would assume they'd hook even better on the strip.
20230329_130244.jpg

Last edited:
OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
I've used 305 45 18 MT R's, 315 50 17 MT R's and finally the DBR in a 29.5x10.5x17. Wish I would have found them sooner... all my experience is on the street but I like them A LOT better. Even in the cold, with no burnout they hook on the street like crazy. If they hook this good on the street, i would assume they'd hook even better on the strip.
View attachment 102749
damn they look good too!!! Now that fills up the wheel well

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Nothing bites like the Pro Radial. Just in a world all by itself but of course one needs a 15 inch for that. I like the Hoosiers tho. They seem to bite better over the Street R but dont last anywhere near as long.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
Nothing bites like the Pro Radial. Just in a world all by itself but of course one needs a 15 inch for that. I like the Hoosiers tho. They seem to bite better over the Street R but dont last anywhere near as long.
yep I know what you mean but I'm just not going to 15" you have the cost of the conversion and them new wheels and tire's...it would be though,,lol

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I ran the Hoosier DBR's 28x10.5x17 on my Super Stock and they worked great. Best ET on them was 6.29 @ 110 on a 1.39 60' at our local eighth mile.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I bet if u made the swap ud be like dam I cant believe I waited this long to actually get traction..... They hook like Velcro!!!! NITE and DAY difference between my Street R and the Pro Radial. Its a one time cost then its just tires like any other rim u have.

yep I know what you mean but I'm just not going to 15" you have the cost of the conversion and them new wheels and tire's...it would be though,,lol

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
I bet if u made the swap ud be like dam I cant believe I waited this long to actually get traction..... They hook like Velcro!!!! NITE and DAY difference between my Street R and the Pro Radial. Its a one time cost then its just tires like any other rim u have.
I bought them and tried them this past weekend I got 28/10.5/18" and to be honest I started out with 18psi and lowered until I got them at 12psi and my car would never hook up with them. The best 60' I could get was 1.60 which back to the street r's and the first run was 1.46 60'

Attachments

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
I ended up making 4 runs and which back out to the street r's.....now I dont know whether to keep the Hoosier's or not

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The swap to Pro Radials. Not Hoosier. Those sidewalls are way too small bro.

I bought them and tried them this past weekend I got 28/10.5/18" and to be honest I started out with 18psi and lowered until I got them at 12psi and my car would never hook up with them. The best 60' I could get was 1.60 which back to the street r's and the first run was 1.46 60'

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
look into getting a 17 inch wheel out back and getting a little more sidewall under it. The Hoosiers are only marginally better at low prep situations, on prep they aren't great at all. The MT will be much better when there is prep down.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
The swap to Pro Radials. Not Hoosier. Those sidewalls are way too small bro.
yep I was worried about the sidewalls after I got the tires and yes to small

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
look into getting a 17 inch wheel out back and getting a little more sidewall under it. The Hoosiers are only marginally better at low prep situations, on prep they aren't great at all. The MT will be much better when there is prep down.
I disagree on marginally better on low prep. The DBR will hook a second gear 40 roll on concrete and 3rd gear 50-60 on asphalt, even in cold weather. Something I thought was impossible with this much power. The 315 50 17 R would hook a 3rd gear 60 roll on concrete only but not chance from a 40 and let's not even talk about their performance on asphalt, or cold weather. Also, the mickeys "ball up" quick and once that happens, I haven't been able to find a way to get them to perform. The hoosiers will ball up too but they clean up easy and are ready to rock again.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I disagree on marginally better on low prep. The DBR will hook a second gear 40 roll on concrete and 3rd gear 50-60 on asphalt, even in cold weather. Something I thought was impossible with this much power. The 315 50 17 R would hook a 3rd gear 60 roll on concrete only but not chance from a 40 and let's not even talk about their performance on asphalt, or cold weather. Also, the mickeys "ball up" quick and once that happens, I haven't been able to find a way to get them to perform. The hoosiers will ball up too but they clean up easy and are ready to rock again.
My DBR's did ok on NO prep, but nothing in comparison to the MT pro bracket radial. When on Prep the DBR was far worse than the PBR, MT-R or the MT Radial Pro.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
My DBR's did ok on NO prep, but nothing in comparison to the MT pro bracket radial. When on Prep the DBR was far worse than the PBR, MT-R or the MT Radial Pro.
I've heard that they're not great on a prepped surface from other people too. Just doesn't compute to me. How they can be this good on zero prep, I would think it'd be even better on a prepped surface. I know the pro bracket radial is the king of kings and I'd definitely run that if they had it in a 17"

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #39
I've heard that they're not great on a prepped surface from other people too. Just doesn't compute to me. How they can be this good on zero prep, I would think it'd be even better on a prepped surface. I know the pro bracket radial is the king of kings and I'd definitely run that if they had it in a 17"
yep feel the same way.....going to 15's to much money and a daily driver