Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What have you driven or ridden today😁

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I think 42 mpg is pretty good sitting still for 6 hours attempting to get thru Tampa.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #83
8981A354-264F-49FF-B0AE-89FBAA6DF222.gif

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #85
6CD5BD90-F9DC-4787-B10B-4286E6215C34.jpeg BF539EA3-4E42-42C4-BAC0-659B1742C492.jpeg 21D39299-E6B7-4660-AE3D-564123671C88.jpeg

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Rode with my wife to the movies. I think she’s taking after me😂
View attachment 42489
Drive in movie with no speakers? And you are alone in a empty parking lot? Was there a concession stand for munchies? Are you out of your fricken mind?:p

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I took it out and ran through some of my motorcycle roads down by the MN River. Alone. I wanted to challenge it. I have a different alignment, different front tires and a different suspension controller running the shocks. It has huge rubber, so it better behave! Okay. That car is mean. The DS suspension controller is the shit, I can feel a big difference. I can’t wait to turn some laps. A guy in a R/T was following. It was fun to watch the distance the Hellcat was putting on him, when I wanted, which was coming out of a few corners. The thing seems to hang on well and really bites down. The controller is very noticeable resisting any body lean and absorbing any road imperfections independently on all four corners. Both Road America and Brainerd tracks have an area or two where that is going to be an asset. It is really stable at speed, but really comfortable when going straight down the road with no driver inputs. Give it brake, steering, or accelerator, it stiffened right up.

I did play with its launch control. I can feel it taking a shit and squatting. It could do that for about another half second to a second IMO. Anyone who has one, stand on the brake and load it a bit. When the brake is released it squats! Cute. It was 58 out, so the best the tires would allow was a 3.6 sec 0-60. I played with it three or four times. Damn, used the Sport traction setting and quickly blew three gears off once! Wow, that was fun. Release the grannies and it feels flat slick out! Where is a video camera when you need it? Used Street traction a couple of times, with the slick road and low DA, it hiccuped bad, even 2-3. That is a pisser.

The Powerstop pads are fine for the street. I used them several times to slow down, they are good enough for the street. After going out this is what the wheel looked like. There was more road dust than brake dust.

Big Cup 2’s up front are smooth and quiet. I really have liked them since minute one. For some reason, on the track (I use them x4), I have not noticed as much as cruising down the street.

View attachment 42204
mmmmmmmmmmmmm chrome

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Is this your wife? If not, has she seen this?
That girl is not my wife. Neither of them has seen this posting, that I'm aware of. Not hiding it. I can run pretty fast (well, actually not anymore - about the speed of this bird)

parrot under ifre.gif

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
And balls.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Drive in movie with no speakers? And you are alone in a empty parking lot? Was there a concession stand for munchies? Are you out of your fricken mind?:p
We got there early for the first showing of mortal kombat lol and when we came out the parking lot was filled where there were only 2 empty rows before the Durango, so worked out well really😂

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think you took that the wrong way, Hick. Let me be clear if I wasn't before. While I find her interesting, I am devoted to my wife.

(or I could really be running like that parrot)

That was my bad, I didn't think how that could sound.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Damn sweet ride and congrats😁
I think 42 mpg is pretty good sitting still for 6 hours attempting to get thru Tampa.
My attempt to be funny failed sadly. You made a typo and put in mph, not mpg. So i was trying to make a joke, my jokes often fail.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
The wife asked me a week ago if I could help her with her business today, I said sure, so she really booked customers, wow! I rode 5 different horses today, taught a riding lesson, took 3 groups on trail rides, and gave a horse logging demonstration to a group, using my biggest boy to skid trees. I sadled my wife's trick horse, and rode her on 1 of the trail rides, to give her a mental break from the arena, and go ride in the bush where i think that horses belong. She can do amazing things, but is easily spooked in the forest, so I ride her on some trail rides to give her a little practice on the trails, and stop being spooked. She is so small compared to my big horses, but has spunk and agility. Its funny how she over jumps everything, from a small log to a creek, and its fun doing spins as i ride along down a trail. But walking through a creek makes her nervous, steep hills are a reason to worry, and a stump that could be confused with a bear from far away, makes her stop and try to turn around and run. I don't let her though, today i hopped off her, and held her tight and walked in front of her right to that stump and kicked it. The group of young girls i was taking for a ride all laughed. My own horses are pretty much bomb proof, even the fillies i don't actually ride yet, but bring along to just follow me and get them out of the yard, and used to trails. My 1 year old filly, she has no fear of anything, but a lot of curiosity, and makes me laugh. I took all 6 of my horses on the 1 ride today, not even tethered, just called them to follow me, and they came along with me and the family I was taking for a ride. The teenage girl in that family asked me if my big boy could be ridden, when I said yes she asked to try, but he had no saddle and is 18.2 hands high. So i showed her how to ride him bare back, then i boosted her up with me for a minute and said just hold his mane, he will just follow me on my horse, and stop when i do to, since he doesn't even have a halter on, forget a bit and reins, or saddle. He is so gentle and calm. She actually finished out the last 45 minutes riding him bare back, while the horse she was on originally just followed us. Wife cringed when we returned home and that girl was riding him with nothing to control him. I lifted her off my big boy, and she hugged me, said that was the best ride of her life. He is 2 normal horses in size, and yet wouldn't hurt anyone. My legs are hurting tonight, I rarely ride 8 hours per day.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Clydesdale for the log hauling?

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Clydesdale for the log hauling?
Correct. My wife grew up on a horse farm, and her parents bred 3 types of horses. So far my wife only breeds quarter horses. But she trains all types, teaches lessons, boards dozens of horses, and she does trail rides to. I prefer bigger horses, so I have 2 Tennessee walkers, and 4 clydesdales. My big boy is 8, and weighs 2200 lbs, he is a friendly giant, my walkers are also very friendly. Then i have 3 filly clydes, aged 1, 2, and 3, I've had them all since they were about 5 to 7 months old. My 1 year old, she is halter broke to be lead around some, my 2 year old is well ground worked, and I put a saddle on her sometimes to get used to it, but i don't ride her yet, too young. My 3 year old i do ride some, but not too much, I don't want to work her till she is 4 on long rides, or tough going. At age 5 i start them pulling a wagon, and skidding logs, but not huge logs till age 6. I actually am teaching my walkers to pull a small sleigh, and skid small logs to. My 3 year old, is most likely pregnant, or i am hoping so. So far I have bought all 6 of my horses from various people, but I think that a walker/clyde cross would be amazing, the best of both. So when my 3 year old was in heat recently, i locked her up with my stallion walker. She is old enough to breed now at 3, and my stallions have both been studs before. When my mare walker next goes into heat, i plan to lock her up with my stallion clydesdale. I never even rode a horse before meeting my wife, but i enjoy it. I'm learning how to break them, train them, lead trail rides, and i teach beginners lessons. 99% of the students i teach are girls, and 99% of them are very nice. Once students learn basics, they get to do some fun trail riding to, I lead one of those trail rides today, 7 girls age 8 to 14, and me went for a longer than planned ride, because we were having fun, so our 80 minute ride was 2 hours. I brought 4 of my horses along just to go with us, they followed me perfectly although loose, and that was the ride I took my wife's trick horse on, and rode her. I tossed a pad and saddle on my 2 year old that trip, not to ride her, just get her used to the saddle. let my stallions both come along as well. My walker is used to leading so it was a good lesson for him to have to follow today. Horses have an order they prefer to walk in, but its bad to let them always do so, so today I took the lead on Princess, had my 2 year old next, my big boy, and then Sam my stallion walker who prefers to lead, he acted up a bit the first 20 minutes, then settled in....the girls all followed, and I put the best rider of the 7 at the back to ride sweep, she was on her own horse, a spirited stallion quarter. He was snorting and spitting the entire ride, i could hear him, because he was last and mad about it, and also we walked most of the time, and a little galloping, he wanted to run fast and pass everyone, but I instructed her to hold him back, to teach him patience and self control. Once he did start running so i wheeled around and blocked him. He is a lot bigger than Princess, but he wasn't willing to fight her or me...for 10 minutes we switched horses, and i had her lead....i made that stubborn beast stay last in line, and I used some muscle on him to get him to understand that ai was the alpha, not him. He was much better after that, horses need to know that the rider is the alpha not them, especially horses like him.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We got there early for the first showing of mortal kombat lol and when we came out the parking lot was filled where there were only 2 empty rows before the Durango, so worked out well really😂
Planning on watching it on HBOmax:)

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Planning on watching it on HBOmax:)
It's pretty damn good. WAAAAY better than the last one

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #99
F350 Tremor Godzilla day😁
7690087A-6818-48A9-AF84-BC2055921EC1.jpeg A9FA8518-3101-4621-BAE2-3B111429BD79.jpeg 63B9C0BB-0E65-47B5-B178-E06E2D1E8CFE.jpeg

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #100
Cut grass on my John Deere 2025R and Zero turn.
98B2BF47-DA7D-4D15-89B9-E816964843FF.jpeg 7C115C0D-FC73-4D96-BAE9-91C30BF835E7.jpeg C08D318F-AAED-49A1-9F8F-64010D3C8A61.jpeg C7F937CC-8700-45BD-A12C-CB5713B0F962.jpeg