Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
DONT drink bourbon at 6am, use coffee instead!
Great idea.
Had a boss that drank scotch at 6 am.
Couldn't draw a straight line until he did.
Brilliant man.
Such a waste.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Will be washing.
Sunday, funday!
Hope it doesn't rain!

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Authorized powder coating of my calipers and changing to StopTech stainless braided brake lines. Will post pix and thoughts in new thread when complete.

OP
HellcatFan

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #125
Authorized powder coating of my calipers and changing to StopTech stainless braided brake lines. Will post pix and thoughts in new thread when complete.
What did they charge to powder coat them?

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
What did they charge to powder coat them?
$200 per. There was a shop near me that used to do $100 per but they stopped. Zen told me they probably weren’t prepping the way they do and Zen will put back the decals and provide a substantial warranty. Think they side life but don’t quote me. They are already doing work on it so I figured part of my justification is convenience. Check my IG: @redeyewodebody. Hoping to post pix of their work throughout the week.

OP
HellcatFan

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #127
$200 per. There was a shop near me that used to do $100 per but they stopped. Zen told me they probably weren’t prepping the way they do and Zen will put back the decals and provide a substantial warranty. Think they side life but don’t quote me. They are already doing work on it so I figured part of my justification is convenience. Check my IG: @redeyewodebody. Hoping to post pix of their work throughout the week.
That's not too bad if they're taking the extra time to prep it right. Looking forward to seeing the results.

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Put her back up to figure out which tire lost a belt. Shakes like a sob. Already have demon replicas on order.
6AC0ACA8-46B9-436B-A0CD-E09AF245BEA7.jpeg

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Put her back up to figure out which tire lost a belt. Shakes like a sob. Already have demon replicas on order.
View attachment 3029
Out of curiosity, how does a tire lose a belt? Would that cause the car to pull to the right or left?

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Out of curiosity, how does a tire lose a belt? Would that cause the car to pull to the right or left?
"Belts provide stability and strength to the tread area of the tire. Broken belts in tires result from defects in manufacturing, improper mounting, degraded rubber from aging, exposure to heat, ozone, debris or oversteer. Broken belts are extremely dangerous and frequently occur while the vehicle is moving on the highway. Broken belts sometimes occur when a tire lacks nylon overlay safety strips."

Copy and paste was easier... :)

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Over the weekend we added silicone license plate frames/mounts, to both the rear plate and the front plate that is on a Sto N Sho. The license plates looked naked on the Cat, and since the rear plate sits directly on the Cat I thought that could lead to rust/discoloration over time due to rain and washing.

I ordered two different brands just to see if there were any differences, Randalfy and Rightcar Solutions. They were the same price and were basically the same product. The Randalfy has larger screw holes, which add no value for my Connecticut plate, but maybe in another state screw holes could be different. They both have water drain holes on the lower side only, so that is the only place where you need to pay attention when inserting the license plate.

Fitment was spot on for both, you just slip the plate into the outer surround lip and it is well secured. I definitely recommend either one as a license plate mount, easy install, not the typical cheap flimsy plastic mount, looks good, and cost is inexpensive at $15.

Rightcar Solutions on left, Randalfy to the right. This is the front side where the license plate fits into the outer surround lip.

IMG_20190921_103255.jpg

Backside touching the Cat. Rightcar Solutions on top, Randalfy below.

IMG_20190921_103304.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Rightcar-Solutions-Flawless-Silicone-License/dp/B07CV5PLFM

https://www.amazon.com/License-Plate-Frames-Rain-Proof-Anti-Rattle/dp/B07SNS4X46

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
"Belts provide stability and strength to the tread area of the tire. Broken belts in tires result from defects in manufacturing, improper mounting, degraded rubber from aging, exposure to heat, ozone, debris or oversteer. Broken belts are extremely dangerous and frequently occur while the vehicle is moving on the highway. Broken belts sometimes occur when a tire lacks nylon overlay safety strips."

Copy and paste was easier... :)
Yeah thats about it. In my case a severe vibration. The tires were slightly worn then I had a high speed run that did them I think.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Over the weekend we added silicone license plate frames/mounts, to both the rear plate and the front plate that is on a Sto N Sho. The license plates looked naked on the Cat, and since the rear plate sits directly on the Cat I thought that could lead to rust/discoloration over time due to rain and washing.

I ordered two different brands just to see if there were any differences, Randalfy and Rightcar Solutions. They were the same price and were basically the same product. The Randalfy has larger screw holes, which add no value for my Connecticut plate, but maybe in another state screw holes could be different. They both have water drain holes on the lower side only, so that is the only place where you need to pay attention when inserting the license plate.

Fitment was spot on for both, you just slip the plate into the outer surround lip and it is well secured. I definitely recommend either one as a license plate mount, easy install, not the typical cheap flimsy plastic mount, looks good, and cost is inexpensive at $15.

Rightcar Solutions on left, Randalfy to the right. This is the front side where the license plate fits into the outer surround lip.

View attachment 3045

Backside touching the Cat. Rightcar Solutions on top, Randalfy below.

View attachment 3044

https://www.amazon.com/Rightcar-Solutions-Flawless-Silicone-License/dp/B07CV5PLFM

https://www.amazon.com/License-Plate-Frames-Rain-Proof-Anti-Rattle/dp/B07SNS4X46
Great idea... I just used these to cover the backside of bolt but still could leave a mark in time.

Attachments

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Great idea... I just used these to cover the backside of bolt but still could leave a mark in time.
Great idea as well. Is that what you used on the front with the Sto N Sho since the backside of the bolts are exposed? I had that concern so I used teflon tape, not the best but gets the job done. These caps make it look nicer.

I also ordered black license plate screws for the rear plate.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Great idea as well. Is that what you used on the front with the Sto N Sho since the backside of the bolts are exposed? I had that concern so I used teflon tape, not the best but gets the job done. These caps make it look nicer.

I also ordered black license plate screws for the rear plate.
Yes... I was afraid it would rub and leave a mark. It was the best I could think of at the time and used a little rubber cabinet door stop for the drive down to the parts store for the small cover caps. My OCD was in full affect as usual...

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes... I was afraid it would rub and leave a mark. It was the best I could think of at the time and used a little rubber cabinet door stop for the drive down to the parts store for the small cover caps. My OCD was in full affect as usual...
Same here, I am going to go through my junkbin to see if I have any caps laying around else they will be added to my weekend chore/HomeDepot list.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Where did you find these?.
They are custom made from a new set of mats

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
They are custom made from a new set of mats
Did you find a local upholstery store to do it? I looked everywhere for those but they do not exist, I could only find metal ones with the Hellcat logo which I do not like.

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
What tint percent did you go with? We did 35% on the side windows and 70% on the front windshield.
Max legal in the state of Texas. I'm not sure what the percentage is.