Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
We're coming over - nice!!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have 3 buildings in my back yard...and I need more room,,,the plan is next spring...another 3000 sq ft garage...my wife is givin me shit already...says we will never be able to sell this place...Sell???...I told her were gonna die here..our son (only child) can figure out what to do with all this..I tell him..yer gonna cry twice when I die...once when you read the will...the second time when you realize you have to sell all this stuff;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We're coming over - nice!!!
Swing by and pick up Jimmie N on the way;)

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
...added about 25 RWHP EASILY with these bad boys! :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2934.jpg IMG_2935.jpg
IMG_2933.jpg
IMG_2936.jpg
Ripped off @Paladin06 again, one more time and I get a free set of steak knives!

https://www.americanmuscle.com/axial-challenger-smoked-led-side-marker-lights-ch3216.html

I also got these rear bumper LED reflector lamps, but didn't have the time to get them in today, word on the street is they'll be good for an additional near 40 RWHP! :p

https://www.americanmuscle.com/axial-challenger-led-rear-bumper-reflector-lamps-smoked-ch6725.html

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Where man and machine meet, AKA Man Cave. Springer Harley, Road King, and last left Wide Glide? Nice eclectic variety, up front right looks like the Glide we were talking about 2011 silver diamond stardust or something like that name as I recall. Fantastic rides, Throw in a couple of Ducati for good measure. I Like the 3P Purple Plymouth Prowler took a lot of balls to even think of pulling off a Retro Hot Rod a la Boyd Cottington style. I think they did a great job, and would like to get one someday but probably would put just more grunt under hood aside from that the style and lines from a factory car commmmmon man it’s sweet.

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Bike in front of Route 66 gas pump, is that a Bourget Bike.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Where man and machine meet, AKA Man Cave. Springer Harley, Road King, and last left Wide Glide? Nice eclectic variety, up front right looks like the Glide we were talking about 2011 silver diamond stardust or something like that name as I recall. Fantastic rides, Throw in a couple of Ducati for good measure. I Like the 3P Purple Plymouth Prowler took a lot of balls to even think of pulling off a Retro Hot Rod a la Boyd Cottington style. I think the did a great job, and would like to get one someday but probably would put just more grunt under hood aside from that the style and lines from a factory car commmmmon man it’s sweet.
The prowler is a cool ride in its own right...not fast...but not a slug..its kinda retro hot rod..without the issues..it's just plain fun.....even if I only take it out a couple of times a year...my real passion is motorcycles..I currently own 27...a rather eclectic mix of Harleys..Buells...Ducatis..moto guzzi...triumph..American iron horse Aprilia.. honda,,yamaha..Can Am Spyder..all pristine....and nothing gets ridden in the rain..except a stock 2000 road king which I call my dirt bike...If there is a chance of rain...that's what I ride...I've been acquiring bikes and cars for over 35 years..and rarely sell anything...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
The prowler is a cool ride in its own right...not fast...but not a slug..its kinda retro hot rod..without the issues..it's just plain fun.....even if I only take it out a couple of times a year...my real passion is motorcycles..I currently own 27...a rather eclectic mix of Harleys..Buells...Ducatis..moto guzzi...triumph..American iron horse Aprilia.. honda,,yamaha..Can Am Spyder..all pristine....and nothing gets ridden in the rain..except a stock 2000 road king which I call my dirt bike...If there is a chance of rain...that's what I ride...I've been acquiring bikes and cars for over 35 years..and rarely sell anything...
I would love to have Dale Walksler’s “what’s in the barn“ collection, but with that comes an absolute huge responsibility to be the care taker of extremely rare, old, expensive museum pieces. As I know it all bike are in running condition, many of them 100 years old or more. Dave would have smiled at what’s in your barn, pardon me “Man Cave”.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I would love to have Dale Walksler’s “what’s in the barn“ collection, but with that comes an absolute huge responsibility to be the care taker of extremely rare, old, expensive museum pieces. As I know it all bike are in running condition, many of them 100 years old or more. Dave would would have smiled at what’s in your barn, pardon me “Man Cave”.
Cant imagine the work involved in a collection of that magnitude..just my small collection is pretty time consuming...but I'm overly anal...

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
...but I'm overly anal...
Yeah...it's called obsessive compulsive now, I would know as I am myself...apparently a lot of people were unpleasantly surprised by other people's actions after commenting to them that they were "overly anal"...! :p

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat

View attachment 85536 View attachment 85537
View attachment 85540
View attachment 85543
Ripped off @Paladin06 again, one more time and I get a free set of steak knives!

https://www.americanmuscle.com/axial-challenger-smoked-led-side-marker-lights-ch3216.html

I also got these rear bumper LED reflector lamps, but didn't have the time to get them in today, word on the street is they'll be good for an additional near 40 RWHP! :p

https://www.americanmuscle.com/axial-challenger-led-rear-bumper-reflector-lamps-smoked-ch6725.html
Those look pretty cool. My pitch black Cat needs those.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

View attachment 85536 View attachment 85537
View attachment 85540
View attachment 85543

Let me know what you think about the rear bumper lights. I didn't mine after I realized I'd have to drop the rear bumper.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Let me know what you think about the rear bumper lights. I didn't mine after I realized I'd have to drop the rear bumper.
Will do! I've watched this video which was linked to the American Muscle product page and the installer makes it look WAY too easy, so I figured why not, I'm sure this will only take me 26 minutes (the running time of the video times two...), right...?...!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That looks like a real easy deal. I might knock that out this afternoon.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
That looks like a real easy deal. I might knock that out this afternoon.
Let us know if you do; it certainly looks straightforward enough but I totally get the trepidation of potentially screwing your bumper up for a set of lights...

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Bolted on my new to me Bogart D10’s which came with a pair of one season left MT SS’s in 305 45 R17. What a difference the 17’s make in reducing wheel spin! Hating the rear gap, and hoping to try and fit the 315 ET 50’s next year.
226D0178-0B23-4915-8FF3-C88F993ACD6F.jpeg

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Will do! I've watched this video which was linked to the American Muscle product page and the installer makes it look WAY too easy, so I figured why not, I'm sure this will only take me 26 minutes (the running time of the video times two...), right...?...!

Well I just became THAT GUY that quotes himself...

Anyway, knocked it out today and it took me just over an hour, which I didn't think was bad at all and that was with taking entirely too long to find some Posi-Taps to wire them into the side markers. They look awesome; very clean and blend into the bumper ('cause they're smoked) and ridiculously bright when the lights are on.

I used a car audio/door pry tool that I've had for years to help push down on the retaining tabs and it worked great (edit: I didn't use the yellow bike tire pry bar pictured, it wasn't up for the job). There was a white piece of duct tape that was rather concerning and not sure why it was there but all of the tabs were intact and went back in problem free...

IMG_2941.jpg
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2945.jpg
IMG_2948.jpg
IMG_2947.jpg

Last edited:

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
You may want to check if it IS working correctly. When they don’t work, the shocks go to extra firm (like you describe). Mine seemed to do that off and on last week. Then after a flipped the tune, I saw the dreaded “service active control damping system” or whatever and sure as hell it is not riding right.

When it does work right the default (street) setting does give a very smooth ride. Hell now I don’t know if it was even working correct at the track last week that I think about it. I am going to speak with DS next week and ask why this has happened twice now. I need to know if it is related to their proprietary changes to the unit or what. Then I will contact DCS and speak with them. I really like it when it works, but I don’t need a $1,000 paperweight.

I am going to try to disconnect the battery for a hard reset tomorrow and see if that solves it. Because otherwise this is just not good at all.
Seems like these controllers have alot of issues.... anyone start a thread yet? I was saving up for one

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good morning Merica.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Seems like these controllers have alot of issues.... anyone start a thread yet? I was saving up for one
They do stand behind them. No arguments. It does work well. I have the replacement in hand. They tell me the “boot loader” is suspect in the failures. The new one is going to sit on the bench all winter and not be inserted until it is up and running next season. My first one mysteriously dropped its mind during simple battery trickle charging last year.