Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Changed tires back to street mode. Went to the track the other night and best I could do was a 12.4 @118. It was in the 80’s and da just under 2000. Drag racing a 6speed is challenging to say the least. I’m going to go back in better da and thinking of switching back to the stock air box. The lmi is great for the street but sucks a lot of hot air at the track.

Attachments

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Changed tires back to street mode. Went to the track the other night and best I could do was a 12.4 @118. It was in the 80’s and da just under 2000. Drag racing a 6speed is challenging to say the least. I’m going to go back in better da and switching back to the stock air box. The lmi is great for the street but sucks a lot of hot air at the track.
Ya I did a test I can’t remember the exact detail but I was faster with the stock box. Noticeable difference.
i loved lmi for the street tho

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Changed tires back to street mode. Went to the track the other night and best I could do was a 12.4 @118. It was in the 80’s and da just under 2000. Drag racing a 6speed is challenging to say the least. I’m going to go back in better da and switching back to the stock air box. The lmi is great for the street but sucks a lot of hot air at the track.
Do you take the rain cover off?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Do you take the rain cover off?
Yeah and I tried the cool down with the tazer but it would only toggle the fans low and high. I think I need to update it because mines from like 2017

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah and I tried the cool down with the tazer but it would only toggle the fans low and high. I think I need to update it because mines from like 2017
I ended up removing the burnbox because it kept killing the battery and didn't seem to have much effect.
Got it tuned with the LMI and heat exchanger (which most don't like) and it looks like the IATs are much better.
I do have a Charger and it's different from the Challenger.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I ended up removing the burnbox because it kept killing the battery and didn't seem to have much effect.
Got it tuned with the LMI and heat exchanger (which most don't like) and it looks like the IATs are much better.
I do have a Charger and it's different from the Challenger.
Mines tuned w lmi too

LowKat

Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weatherford
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Well my son has the car now so he washed it and did a ‘quick detailer’ to get rid of the streaks. D06C04F9-FD0A-4FCB-8893-85D07F3F61D1.jpeg 13CFD301-E6A0-4177-90AA-B01FCA407BA8.jpeg C1941E38-B475-4893-B2AC-B58F22AFBA38.jpeg D06C04F9-FD0A-4FCB-8893-85D07F3F61D1.jpeg 5ACD4F88-652B-428A-9546-77EDAC7A0465.jpeg 318DD86B-18CF-4389-BD3A-923AB060599A.jpeg

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Nice ride! Great pictures, welcome and thank you.
What's the other car in the picture?

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Ummm...got it delivered...! :cool:

Hellcat Day One.jpg
In addition to foam washing it twice to get the curse of the 2500 mile trip from Koons in Tysons Corner to my place in AZ off, I installed the gift that Koons left in the trunk for me (MOPAR gas/brake pedal covers) in addition to some door sill guards and made sure to remove the bananas lest I endure the wrath of...The Forum! :p
Hellcat Day One mods 3.jpg
Hellcat Day One mods 2.jpg
Hellcat Day One mods 1.jpg
UPR oil catch can should be here any day, blackout tint on Tuesday and my @Paladin06 ZL1 Add Ons CopyCat starter kit (side skirts and splash guards or "mud flaps" :sick:) are ordered and should be on the way shortly. Once I get it broken in (500 miles) first oil change and then off to Tucson to get the hood wrapped in black satin vinyl (entertaining some orange pinstriping accents to compliment the brake calipers) in addition to PPF and ceramic. That'll be a good start for me I reckon...

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ummm...got it delivered...! :cool:

View attachment 82506
In addition to foam washing it twice to get the curse of the 2500 mile trip from Koons in Tysons Corner to my place in AZ off, I installed the gift that Koons left in the trunk for me (MOPAR gas/brake pedal covers) in addition to some door sill guards and made sure to remove the bananas lest I endure the wrath of...The Forum! :p
View attachment 82507
View attachment 82508
View attachment 82509
UPR oil catch can should be here any day, blackout tint on Tuesday and my @Paladin06 ZL1 Add Ons CopyCat starter kit (side skirts and splash guards or "mud flaps" :sick:) are ordered and should be on the way shortly. Once I get it broken in (500 miles) first oil change and then off to Tucson to get the hood wrapped in black satin vinyl (entertaining some orange pinstriping accents to compliment the brake calipers) in addition to PPF and ceramic. That'll be a good start for me I reckon...
Beautiful!

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks Sir! Got a huge hookup from @Koons_Dodge after my local dealer that I had ordered one through started playing games with me. Super stoked!

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Here is the air deflector my dealership installed (I’m surprised they installed them lol) on each side.

View attachment 81188
Thanks for the pic! Koons left those those in my trunk and I'll get them installed after I hijack my neighbor's QuickJack lift that he uses on his beautiful Vette. He was at my house first thing this morning after my car got delivered and I swear he was as excited as I was! :ROFLMAO: He's retired too and is gonna help me get the ZL1 side skirts and splash guards on and do the first oil change, ANY opportunity to turn a wrench, doesn't even matter if it's his car or not...

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Pardon my enthusiasm...I can't help it! Super excited and very grateful to join the club is all...

UPR oil catch can came in yesterday so that'll gimme something to do tomorrow, at least for a few minutes. Today was (ceramic) tint, including windshield... Hellcat tint.jpg

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Pardon my enthusiasm...I can't help it! Super excited and very grateful to join the club is all...

UPR oil catch can came in yesterday so that'll gimme something to do tomorrow, at least for a few minutes. Today was (ceramic) tint, including windshield... View attachment 82665
Since you have a narrow body, have you heard of Phillips fender flares?
Will allow for wider tires.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Since you have a narrow body, have you heard of Phillips fender flares?
Will allow for wider tires.
This is what they look like on a narrow body.
I have 11.5 wheels on the rear and 10 inch on the front.
IMG_20220731_101249366_HDR.jpg

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
@Hunter, oh you bet I've heard of them! They're definitely on the list, waiting to get a paper route so I can scrounge up the money for them! :ROFLMAO: Just the tint/PPF/vinyl wrapped hood and paint correction and ceramic is gonna run $4K-ish and I gotta get that knocked out so the paint doesn't get sand blasted, which is real easy when you literally live desert-front...!

FWIW I was reading on the other site where folks were saying that the magnets in the flares were rubbing through the paint which freaked me out a bit, I'm hoping with the PPF that wouldn't be an issue.

If I'm not allowed to link that thread, my apologies, I'll delete soonest.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/phillips-performance-flares-review.254503/

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States