Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hankook Ventus ST 295/45r20 on wife’s DSRT. It’s lowered a tad on mopar springs. These are all season btw(Idk why discount tire advertises them as summer). Happy so far and 1/2 price of the pirelli run flats
View attachment 53625 View attachment 53626 View attachment 53627
Was actually eyeing those a few years back for my Silverado. The tread pattern looks extremely effective at shedding water.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Was actually eyeing those a few years back for my Silverado. The tread pattern looks extremely effective at shedding water.
They do work well for that because its been raining here the past couple days from what was left from Nicholas. They are grippy and quiet imo. They have a softer sidewall than the run flats, but I don't think my wife is doing any crazy cornering(key word "think" lol). If we notice any issues I'll post up, but so far so good.

a526051

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
I added these fuel rail covers. I think its a nice look

Attachments

Last edited:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
looks good. @a526051 did you buy those that way or have yours done? @Diboblo mentioned a place in Texas that does these. Probably get something like this done over the winter. Pricey?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I
just painted mine. Me and Cat are sitting at the window
watching it rain,,, again and again. It want be so bad in 3 weeks. Still in the 90s, but will be cooler.

a526051

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
All of my under hood covers, I posted before, ran me $400.

Fuel rail covers.
JLT coolant tank cover.
JLT Intercooler tank cover.
ABS cover
Fuse box cover
Left side shock cover.

Bob

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That is a lot lessex pean sive than having them painted, but what the hell. I was rich for 2 days. Now back to square 1 but it all looks good. If it stops raining. Hope fully your way Bob ster. I had a friend out of the bad ass civil service, grad uated NC named Bob. From ali whom owned, worked on, and designed sportsters. He was amess and so am I. He taught me wow to lay down emrod and clear after painting bike parts. Shot dead by now.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I always pull mine off and throw them away. Traps heat, and I like the fat look of the raw Orange Hemi heads without the funny little plastic covers. 019.JPG

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Not to back thing look at this engine. My engine. Fuel rails are red. Hemi head is black, All plastic components are red. Intakes air and silver water are black with added hoses black and added black to extended hoses. So, tell all the car is black eith red tents. Exterior is satin black with red tints on cat's head. dodge emblems on the rear, brake calipers, and a few accented pieces. Butster like this one nice and clean. After redoing show bikes with chrome and wrinckeled black onth/e engines,, looks great but this attention tends to hold heat. With engines that are liquadfied cooled not so much of a problem. But you get to air cooled,,, the heat takes it's toll. And the weight of the chrome is a bit off. If you take a bike and strip off the frane, brakes, wheels, seat, ect. Remake it into a chopper. 1/2 origns; weight even with larger wheels and tires. That's all,, good night all critters. Chrip, chrip.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I always pull mine off and throw them away. Traps heat, and I like the fat look of the raw Orange Hemi heads without the funny little plastic covers. View attachment 53712

I don't mind the idea of taking them off, and I can even see (a little bit) the idea of trapping heat...

But throwing them away???

Have we talked about this before??? Am I having a Deja vu moment?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hell,, takem off and paint em what you want. Wrinke or flat black will hold heat. Or to bee if ezzzes chrome. It is so easy and sleexy to yake off and paint.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I always pull mine off and throw them away. Traps heat, and I like the fat look of the raw Orange Hemi heads without the funny little plastic covers. View attachment 53712
Same here. Mine are black though. I gave a thumbs up to @a526051 because mods are a personal thing and I think everyone should mod a car somewhat, somewhere, somehow to there own personal taste to add a little individualism. Don't tell me the factory made a car exactly how you dreamed it. If your a car guy you 'gotta mod something IMHO. Also, the covers are done well. That said I totally agree with @stonewall on this subject. I never got the concept of dressing up a motor to look like something it's not on any modern car. When car companies first started doing this it blew my mind. I found it funny and sad at the same time.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I like this idea/point. Going to remove them next time at the track and compare engine temps in different sessions. Makes sense even if it is a few degrees.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Looks naked without them. The 5.7 cover is big and I can see it keeping the intake hotter but the valve cover ones I have no concern about

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Went racing again.

3 more passes...one more 9.9864 @ 138 on a 1.52 60ft.

There is a rhythm and technique to this that I do not have yet. I seem to have figured out the tazer line lock and making that work consistently. Burnout to stage to launch though...missing something.

Foot brake? Launch control? Launch RPM? Tire pressure? Throttle application? Who knows. But at least we backed up the personal best.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Oh. We also used it as an opportunity to do a "dry run" with a drag trailer. I towed a 4x6 with my radials, jack and 2 fuel cans to the track and back...and managed about 13mpg on the kill tune. LOL.

Does anyone know if curt recommends towing on the Spicy Tune?

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I like this idea/point. Going to remove them next time at the track and compare engine temps in different sessions. Makes sense even if it is a few degrees.
You probably won't see any difference in the engine cooling temps, but coil pack temp, fuel rail temps, and delivered fuel temps, will be cooler. without the factory cover. Aftermarket covers appear to have more cooling holes in them. I think Dodge claims they are to protect the coil packs and electronics from water. I guess if you keep them hot enough they stay dry! LOL