Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well, my 426 build was stolen.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
That is why I say the person will never get to enjoy it, as they would love to show it to others. But each time it’s viewed brings them Closer to getting their ass handed to them. As the way it should go.

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #42
In leu of waiting on the insurance company for a reimbursement, my engine builder is going to be installing a ProCharger F-1x on my current N/A 426 at no charge. Pretty fair trade I think :)

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Damn man that sucks, sorry that happened to you. Definitely an inside job, no random looting dumbass would even know what that is, let alone try to break into the shop to haul it out.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
In leu of waiting on the insurance company for a reimbursement, my engine builder is going to be installing a ProCharger F-1x on my current N/A 426 at no charge. Pretty fair trade I think :)

What am I missing? How is that the case? (Sincere question)

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #45
What am I missing? How is that the case? (Sincere question)
Since the insurance company will have to eventually reimburse me (him) for the loss and I can’t get another Hellephant block, I made a deal with the shop owner for a ProCharger install and he can keep the insurance money when released. It’ll cost him more to do the super charger than what I paid for the block. Hoping to get around 650-700 wheel with my existing 426 that he previously built.

I’ve always been an N/A guy so guess I’m ready to see what boost can do :) Will have to get used to that ProCharger whistle though.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Since the insurance company will have to reimburse me (him) for the loss and I can’t get another Hellephant block, I made a deal with the shop owner for a ProCharger install and he can keep the insurance money when released. It’ll cost him more to do the super charger than what I paid for the block. Hoping to get around 650-700 wheel with my existing 426 that he previously built.

So you're made whole in the aspect of monies.

I was trying to understand how this got you that block back (eventually)?

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #47
So you're made whole in the aspect of monies.

I was trying to understand how this got you that block back (eventually)?
I have no misconception that I’ll ever see that block again. A lot less brain damage to move on for me. My existing 426 is a good platform to build on and it’s a new engine.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I have no misconception that I’ll ever see that block again. A lot less brain damage to move on for me. My existing 426 is a good platform to build on and it’s a new engine.

Fair enough.

:(

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
You will love boost especially at our altitude. The Procharger is a good choice with the torque your 426 makes.

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #50
You will love boost especially at our altitude. The Procharger is a good choice with the torque your 426 makes.
Yes, I’m getting excited again. Since my SRT has the HP70, we thought it would be smarter to go with something more linear like the ProCharger and hopefully take a little stress off the trans. The N/A 426 has plenty of torque down low but falls on its face at the end of the quarter mile. Should be a decent combination I think.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Since the insurance company will have to eventually reimburse me (him) for the loss and I can’t get another Hellephant block, I made a deal with the shop owner for a ProCharger install and he can keep the insurance money when released. It’ll cost him more to do the super charger than what I paid for the block. Hoping to get around 650-700 wheel with my existing 426 that he previously built.

I’ve always been an N/A guy so guess I’m ready to see what boost can do :) Will have to get used to that ProCharger whistle though.
Glad to hear you have been taken care of and your in a good place with the situation, oh and sorry I brain farted and mixed you up w/ @Mark W don’t know how I can read a post then mentally attach it to another person.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
SRT thanks for the info. Very interesting. I am glad they have that in place. What would they do with it ,, melt it down like a beer can. That are great detrerants.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
To me, I don't care if its fair, what I care about is if you're happy with it. If you're not, stick to your guns. But sounds like you're up for it, so if it gets you back on the road with a smile, I hope it completely meets your expectations my friend.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Theft of aluminum should be punished with the gift of lead! So sorry to read this! Sadly, I would almost bet that beautiful block will soon be turned into beer cans:cry:

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #55
To me, I don't care if its fair, what I care about is if you're happy with it. If you're not, stick to your guns. But sounds like you're up for it, so if it gets you back on the road with a smile, I hope it completely meets your expectations my friend.
I suggested this ProCharger idea to my engine builder and he agreed and wants to go with the F-1x. He said we’ll easily get to 700 wheel, with more to spare down the road, as long as my drivetrain can hang in there. Anyone know of a good used HP90 for sale? :)

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Any updates?

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #57
New 426 build going on for less compression (original N/A setup is !3:1) and an F1a Procharger. Bottom end is complete, just waiting for Hellcat heads to arrive. New intercooled intake came in last week from Demon Performance...

13.jpg

Last edited:

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
That is some shady shit, sorry to hear this.

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #59
That is some shady shit, sorry to hear this.
Thanks man. Was pretty upset but the new build direction has me pumped :)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Wow man, I missed this earlier. Sad for you, but nice to see you have the solution just about ready! :) Big power/quality builds do not come cheap or easy...