Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Valve or something else?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
We decided to replace the heads. So, he bought the redeye/demon heads and Texas Speed is going to port and polish them. That is all I need. An additional 40 rwhp! Hey, maybe one of you guys can come to Tucson and run her down the track for me. It is a lot of car for me at my advancing age. :). Fully weighted at over 4000 feet DA she will run 9.5 pre-head change. So maybe 9.2 or .3 at 4-5K DA. Any volunteers?
I have a set of these heads as well. What are they charging you to port and polish them if I may ask? As I have been thinking about doing that to either my stock heads or these when I have them off in a few weeks.

The next time I’m in Phoenix, I would run the car down the track for you any time.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #42
If you go directly with Texas speed it is 1100 or so. My mechanic charged me more. Hey he is a business man and needs to make money! He treats me well.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #43
I have a set of these heads as well. What are they charging you to port and polish them if I may ask? As I have been thinking about doing that to either my stock heads or these when I have them off in a few weeks.

The next time I’m in Phoenix, I would run the car down the track for you any time.
We need to hurry on the Phoenix thing. Lol. This February is winter nationals and after that it is being bull dozed. Native Americans are taking it back. Can’t blame them. Will be a combo of an overpass for a freeway and gaming. Drag places need to be built on less valuable land. Casa grande. It is between Tucson and Phoenix. It would attract racers from both cities.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you go directly with Texas speed it is 1100 or so. My mechanic charged me more. Hey he is a business man and needs to make money! He treats me well.
That’s not bad, I may give them a ring. They tell you 40 wheel hp gain from their port work alone or in combo with something else? Stock cam? You pulleyed at all or is that figure on stock boost/air flow level? I’m flowing 2360 aircharge on stock head with a Redeye cam but at 24-25 psi of boost on corn. 1050-1175 wheel, would like to get over 1100 without any more boost, blowers turning too fast already.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
We need to hurry on the Phoenix thing. Lol. This February is winter nationals and after that it is being bull dozed. Native Americans are taking it back. Can’t blame them. Will be a combo of an overpass for a freeway and gaming. Drag places need to be built on less valuable land. Casa grande. It is between Tucson and Phoenix. It would attract racers from both cities.
Daughter and family are coming here to Pa mid Jan into Feb so I don’t see us at there in Phoenix until summer. The hibernating equivalent of our winter lol.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #46
That’s not bad, I may give them a ring. They tell you 40 wheel hp gain from their port work alone or in combo with something else? Stock cam? You pulleyed at all or is that figure on stock boost/air flow level? I’m flowing 2360 aircharge on stock head with a Redeye cam but at 24-25 psi of boost on corn. 1050-1175 wheel, would like to get over 1100 without any more boost, blowers turning too fast already.
Their website states consistent 30 plus horsepower on a stock engine. I have a stroker, 2 inch headers, ported snout, and demon copycat cam. So I am guessing 5-10 hours over what a stock engine would be gaining.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #47
Their website states consistent 30 plus horsepower on a stock engine. I have a stroker, 2 inch headers, ported snout, and demon copycat cam. So I am guessing 5-10 horse power over what a stock engine would be gaining. But my blower is the original 2.4 with 82k on her with worn out blades. Even with a lower and 2.5 upper I only make 14 pounds of boost. But I live at 3500 feet. Ten minutes south of biosphere 2.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #48
On sale for 1009.79 now. Of course add shipping back and forth.