Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Used Hellcat Values

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A8 is where it's at these days, and this is coming from a die hard manual guy. Nothing like that constant rush of torque that never lets up.

As for values, they'll stabilize around the $40-$45K mark for a while I'd guess. I was shopping for a GT500 a few years ago and they did the same thing.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I have driven an A8 Demon...only I wasn't very mad
Aw see? Gotta drive it angry!

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Used to be die hard manual guy as well. I feel like you give up too much in a high horsepower car to go with a manual, especially as good as these automatics are now days. My thought now is go manual with a lower powered lighter car set up for the curves and auto for a big power more straight line car. Also a manual for econ o boxes because it gives an appliance of a car at least a little bit of a soul. Auto for a truck, cause its a truck.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Aw see? Gotta drive it angry!
Hell...I couldn't get angry at my mother in law...god rest her soul..when I'm drivin my Demon...(she was actually a wonderful woman)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hell...I couldn't get angry at my mother in law...god rest her soul..when I'm drivin my Demon...(she was actually a wonderful woman)
Well the results are in...in the M6 vs A8 debate...most feel the A8 will net lower ET's at the strip..some don't...some enjoy the ease of the A8...some don't...some enjoy the added driver imput of the M6...some do not...at the end of the day...it really doesn't matter...we have a choice...(for now)...In my case...I had every intention of upgrading my 16 HC to a RE when they were released...until they deleated the M6...suddenly 90 extra HP was meaningless for me...Im not interested in reducing my time behind the wheel by .05 seconds

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Nothing wrong with that. I do worry that manuals are dying out. Its good to have choices. I still like to row through the gears now and then.

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Thread Starter #27
Well the results are in...in the M6 vs A8 debate...most feel the A8 will net lower ET's at the strip..some don't...some enjoy the ease of the A8...some don't...some enjoy the added driver imput of the M6...some do not...at the end of the day...it really doesn't matter...we have a choice...(for now)...In my case...I had every intention of upgrading my 16 HC to a RE when they were released...until they deleated the M6...suddenly 90 extra HP was meaningless for me...Im not interested in reducing my time behind the wheel by .05 seconds
Cracks me up how a thread on used car values evolved into an A8 vs M6 debate. especially considering the other thread where passions are running high. I miss my M6 and A8 Hellcats which is why I started the thread. I think I miss the M6 more even though I have a manual Boss 302 to play with on the weekends once the iceberg in front of my house melts. I'm pretty surprised on the used prices I'm seeing. If they keep the power dollars rebates going I might just buy a stripper from Koons after the first of the year. Paying 51 for a stripped 19 makes more sense to me than paying 46-47 for a used 15 or 16.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Cracks me up how a thread on used car values evolved into an A8 vs M6 debate. especially considering the other thread where passions are running high. I miss my M6 and A8 Hellcats which is why I started the thread. I think I miss the M6 more even though I have a manual Boss 302 to play with on the weekends once the iceberg in front of my house melts. I'm pretty surprised on the used prices I'm seeing. If they keep the power dollars rebates going I might just buy a stripper from Koons after the first of the year. Paying 51 for a stripped 19 makes more sense to me than paying 46-47 for a used 15 or 16.
Agreed as long as you dont want options. As an aside the ‘19 stripped model will be tougher to sell down the road. Many will be willing to pay more for a used one with options. If none of that matters then the 2019 is a no brainer. Seems like a smoking deal.

Member ID
Reactions
City
K
State
IA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
I'm glad to see the values holding on these cars......for once I bought something that I don't have to pay someone to take off my hands!!!!