Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Used Hellcat Values

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Now that 2020 is almost upon us I'm curious if any of the dealers or sales people on here have any insights as to where used Hellcat values are going. I sold my 15 several months ago and regret it so have been casually looking for a replacement. I'm not in a huge hurry since it's snowing. I found one I really liked out of state. It was another 15 with low miles but the dealer was asking 47500 which seems crazy to me. I offered significantly less and the dealer seems to be holding firm. It seems dealers are treating 15,16, and even some 17 models the same. I would actually prefer a 17 since I like Apple Car Play, but haven't found any within a reasonable distance in a color I could live with. Anyway just curious what the people who deal with this every day are seeing. I see a lot of used Hellcats for sale for 45+ but none of them are moving at least in the Rocky Mountain region where we've had a pretty cold snowy winter so far.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Watching

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Now that 2020 is almost upon us I'm curious if any of the dealers or sales people on here have any insights as to where used Hellcat values are going. I sold my 15 several months ago and regret it so have been casually looking for a replacement. I'm not in a huge hurry since it's snowing. I found one I really liked out of state. It was another 15 with low miles but the dealer was asking 47500 which seems crazy to me. I offered significantly less and the dealer seems to be holding firm. It seems dealers are treating 15,16, and even some 17 models the same. I would actually prefer a 17 since I like Apple Car Play, but haven't found any within a reasonable distance in a color I could live with. Anyway just curious what the people who deal with this every day are seeing. I see a lot of used Hellcats for sale for 45+ but none of them are moving at least in the Rocky Mountain region where we've had a pretty cold snowy winter so far.
Still got to pay to play...or get a Scat Pack!

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Thread Starter #4
I'm in no rush and there is no shortage of used Hellcats with more turning up everyday. I think dealers at least in the Rocky Mountain west are sitting on these things for a long time. The Hellcat I sold in August didn't sell for much more than what I got for it wholesale. Do you think they will hold at the mid 40's through 2020 for low mileage well maintained examples?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The market should soften a bit...but with nothing new for 2020..alot of owners will be content to hold on to their HC..41/45 for low mileage clean cars just might be the number short term

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I've seen manual 2015/2016 Challengers with relatively low miles in the mid 40s. Chargers are holding steady and in the 50s and up depending on year and equipment.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I can tell you that they are holding better than I would have expected. I attend a wholesale dealer only auction every week and have been watching them when they come through. About a month or two ago a few low mileage '15's came through, all M's. $45-49k was what they brought - WHOLESALE. Needless to say I was stunned, especially knowing they were manuals. Granted that was a month or two ago and we are now closer to 2020 so I would think those numbers would be at least 2k lower now. So in light of that I'm thinking your dealer isnt too far off. They need to make a profit as well.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I can tell you that they are holding better than I would have expected. I attend a wholesale dealer only auction every week and have been watching them when they come through. About a month or two ago a few low mileage '15's came through, all M's. $45-49k was what they brought - WHOLESALE. Needless to say I was stunned, especially knowing they were manuals. Granted that was a month or two ago and we are now closer to 2020 so I would think those numbers would be at least 2k lower now. So in light of that I'm thinking your dealer isnt too far off. They need to make a profit as well.
I've seen it as well...cant believe they pay all the money..doesn't leave much meat on the bone for resale...but they do it...

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
35,000 Hellcats built for 350,000,000 Americans.

The math works.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Needless to say I was stunned, especially knowing they were manuals.
People pay for stick shift Hellcats?!? I thought you got one free when buying an automatic SXT.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
People pay for stick shift Hellcats?!? I thought you got one free when buying an automatic SXT.
Just shows that people pay for the driving experience - an automatic is like driving a Tesla (I would imagine) - might be fast, but fast doesn't always mean fun...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Seems to work with wimmin.
Flying on a 747 at 400+ mph with 400 of your closest friends might be fast, but that is not fun... (especially in economy)
Accelerating to 130+mph while banging gears in the Hellcat is fun (in Mexico of course) - fast is relative... there is always going to be something faster out there somewhere, but I don't care.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Seems to work with wimmin.
Accelerating to 130+mph while banging gears in the Hellcat is fun (in Mexico of course) - fast is relative... there is always going to be something faster out there somewhere, but I don't care.
My current girlfriend is fast enough for me. And she likes banging, gears.
Ironically, her only manual car is also her slowest. Yet she claims that it's her favorite.

There's obviously a correlation here, somehow, between stick shifts and enjoying slowness..

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
So you're saying the we need to buy an automatic (if we have a stick), and vice versa, to then race ourselves?
That sounds like an expensive way to prove the obvious.

Okay, so the above was supposed to be in response to Motorhead's challenge in the "We love slow stick shifts" thread. No idea how it ended up here. Sorry.

Last edited:

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I was (WAS) a rabid manual guy for many decades. Muncies, Toploaders, Hemi 4 speeds and a TKO 600 are all part of my past.
But the paddle setup on the A8 I have changed that for good.
Ain't technology great?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just shows that people pay for the driving experience - an automatic is like driving a Tesla (I would imagine) - might be fast, but fast doesn't always mean fun...
Wtf...a commercial airliner is fast..but nowhere near the fun of period correct Bi plane

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wtf...a commercial airliner is fast..but nowhere near the fun of period correct Bi plane
Have you actually driven an A8 Hellcat in anger yet? The people who make these comments usually havent.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Might wanna try it. LOTS of converts here...I know I know, never gonna happen. Shame, it’s mildly amusing to say the least. This is coming from someone who raced motorcycles and shifted for himself for years too.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Have you actually driven an A8 Hellcat in anger yet? The people who make these comments usually havent.
I have driven an A8 Demon...only I wasn't very mad