Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Updated EV sound----Still sucks!

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
There is no point pretending ...

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Member ID
Reactions
City
Erie
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds derpy, but surely there will be an option to turn that sound off.

Otherwise, by far the best looking electric car out there. The back looks funny in pictures but much better in person. Cool ties to heritage with 340/440 power levels and heritage colors. Even had Corporate Blue. Now why was that never offered on our Hellcats?!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
I agree except this isn't really the good folkes at Dodges fault, its the federal governments mandatorary cafe standards. Dodge, like the others must conform or stop building cars. So, if we're all looking for someone to blame, well, I think you already know where to point (give) the finger.

OP
45-70govt

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
I agree except this isn't really the good folkes at Dodges fault, its the federal governments mandatorary cafe standards. Dodge, like the others must conform or stop building cars. So, if we're all looking for someone to blame, well, I think you already know where to point (give) the finger.
Yes, FJB!!! However, Ford and Chevy are still building V8 cars.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Yes, FJB!!! However, Ford and Chevy are still building V8 cars.
Yes but they have many more higher gas mileage models that they sell which keeps their cafe mandated mpg averages higher. Dodge does not sell very many high mpg cars and therefore has to pay huge fines to the government each year. Each year the restrictions get tighter and tighter and it has now reached unsustainable levels. Dodge's new owners (Stalantis) is shutting down the financial blood bath and forcing the change. Again, it's the corrupt government causing the (2nd) end of the muscle car, not Dodge.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
In the stupid forum, I said for the last 1.5 years that this was all stupid. What I hear here, is that you guys understand. There is a movement driven by corrupt opportunists, who line their pockets by pursuing an agenda based on junk science funded by those seeking a single outcome.

Our lives are increasingly dictated by the corrupt. I am old, and I have my HC, I'm just thankful I had the opportunity to get a HC when they were available.