Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The RF Lockout Is Done, What's Next?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
^^^ 2018 and later they added the SGW module, but that was more to keep tuners out I thought - not sure if that also adds security?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm also wondering if these thieves pull up next to a potential target and run a scan and can tell if the RF hub is locked? The guys that got mine parked next to it for a few before re-positioning their vehicle to execute the theft.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I'm also wondering if these thieves pull up next to a potential target and run a scan and can tell if the RF hub is locked? The guys that got mine parked next to it for a few before re-positioning their vehicle to execute the theft.
The things I've watched show someone connecting to the OBD port and using something as simple as Alfa OBD to get the RF Hub PIN. I don't know how it's done without getting in the car.

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
Has there been any update on your car? The threads you had going all devolved into political debates and were locked or removed.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #65
Has there been any update on your car? The threads you had going all devolved into political debates and were locked or removed.
It was found stripped to the bones. Total loss. 😢😢

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
It was found stripped to the bones. Total loss. 😢😢
That really sucks to hear. It was far too nice a car for that to be its ultimate fate. :( Im sure the insurance payout was a kick in the nuts for what the car was actually worth.

I always secretly hoped he'd move on to something else, and I could buy GoManGo!

What's the replacement going to be @Speedy! ?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #67
That really sucks to hear. It was far too nice a car for that to be its ultimate fate. :( Im sure the insurance payout was a kick in the nuts for what the car was actually worth.

I always secretly hoped he'd move on to something else, and I could buy GoManGo!

What's the replacement going to be @Speedy! ?
I think he had agreed value.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
David likes to tell my business :LOL:

@clv22p that other forum is too much like FB so I just garner nuggets of info here and there from that place. Way too much arguing for my taste and I'm glad those threads got deleted honestly. I didn't even start them just people that heard what happened.

There's a thread here in the "Anything Goes" forum that I'm keeping updated.

I've been keeping my eyes open for something to replace it, but with Redeyes going for way too much money I'm gonna have to be patient if I want another of those. Porche 911 Turbo is another option but my friends are already giving me crap about that asking if I'm gonna drink my beer with my pinky out and grow a man bun lol.

It really sucks since I'd sorta massaged that car in to what was really the perfect street strip car, at least for me. When I put on the 2.7L supercharger that SDG Motorsports worked over it put it just a little over the edge for a street car, but was still manageable with some throttle input tuning. Everyone says they want 1000hp street car, well they're a handful. I could barely get a decent data log after the 2.7 blower due to the tires just lighting up at 75% throttle and 80mph.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

@clv22p that other forum is too much like FB so I just garner nuggets of info here and there from that place. Way too much arguing for my taste and I'm glad those threads got deleted honestly. I didn't even start them just people that heard what happened.

I've been keeping my eyes open for something to replace it, but with Redeyes going for way too much money I'm gonna have to be patient if I want another of those. Porche 911 Turbo is another option but my friends are already giving me crap about that asking if I'm gonna drink my beer with my pinky out and grow a man bun lol.

It really sucks since I'd sorta massaged that car in to what was really the perfect street strip car, at least for me. When I put on the 2.7L supercharger that SDG Motorsports worked over it put it just a little over the edge for a street car, but was still manageable with some throttle input tuning. Everyone says they want 1000hp street car, well they're a handful. I could barely get a decent data log after the 2.7 blower due to the tires just lighting up at 75% throttle and 80mph.
I would sell you one @Speedy! but it’s like which child do you make sleep on the floor.
IMG_0399_Original.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've been playing with blue tooth trackers, quite successfully, more successfully than I'd have originally guessed.

I don't do Apple, but got an Iphone 7 basically free and played with some airtags. Worked great. I'm gonna test Tile with Android next, but it's looking to be a great option if you live in an area with decent wifi coverage and other people around. Was able to follow my wife's car all over town Monday.

Another option I've looked at is an inexpensive GPS tracker. I found one that's just barely bigger than the keyfob, connects to the car battery for power, and has a backup 5 hour battery for around $40. To get GPS service you buy a cheap SIM card for it with a monthly plan, found one for $5/mo then integrate it with the GPS app. So that would be a great option as well. I believe you can even set geofence alerts and it'll text you etc.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #71

Yep. This is what happens when you're bored and waiting for someone.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Has anyone here had a Compustar alarm installed? I'm curious how expensive it is and any downsides people may have noted. I like the additional sensors and the Drone capability. Not sure I'll go that far yet but I'd like to know how the price compares to IGLA.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I've done none of these yet that all of you have. It pretty much stays in the garage. When I do drive it, I don't park it, just out for a drive. If I do go in a store, it stays in my eye site & is protected with the 45 in my waist band.
I think I will do a GPS tracking with alert & if I was parking & leaving it for a bit somewhere. I will pull the starter relay. About the best you can do, because you will never stop the wrecker driver that hooks & books to the chop shop. With the GPS tracker you can be on that quick.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
IMG_1841.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think he had agreed value.
How and who do you go to to get an agreed value policy?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
How and who do you go to to get an agreed value policy?
Your current company should be able to offer it? Classic cars, jewelry, family airloms, etc. Agreed value is a common thing (I believe).

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Your current company should be able to offer it? Classic cars, jewelry, family airloms, etc. Agreed value is a common thing (I believe).
We’re talking about a hellcat why would you get classic car insurance on it I’m talking like nationwide lol

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
We’re talking about a hellcat why would you get classic car insurance on it I’m talking like nationwide lol
I was using examples of agreed value items. You can get a quote on agreed value for anything if insurance company allows for it. Have to check. Hellcats are becoming classic cars very quickly.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Hellcats and other high performance newer cars are known as "Modern Classics" - at least with Hagerty.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #80
Most collector car insurance companies offer it.