Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
I just called, no change in status yet but official mexican pricing is out (yes, I had to order without knowing the exact price) and it is what the dealer and I had in mind, so It’s good news.
God I hate to have to call to get news from the dealer, sellers are not that good nowadays, I honnestly don’t understand, I used to be a salesman and was always calling mu clients, asking if they needed anything, seems like nowadays the client is asking a favor to the seller lol.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Do you have the status codes? They're probably on a sticky.
I can dig that info up if you don't have it/can't find it.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Do you have the status codes? They're probably on a sticky.
I can dig that info up if you don't have it/can't find it.
Thanks bro! It’s in D1 right now, it’s the only thing I know and I have vin too. What info would you need?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I just wondered if you have seen the somewhat lengthy list of status codes, and what they mean.
Not all of them are good, by they way. There's one for damaged, and one for missing, if memory serves me.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
I just wondered if you have seen the somewhat lengthy list of status codes, and what they mean.
Not all of them are good, by they way. There's one for damaged, and one for missing, if memory serves me.
Oh yeah, I’ve seen the list and yes some of the codes are very bad lol, hope we won’t have any of them!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I don't think you should worry at all, Pierre. They seem to have thwarted the thefts, etc., and the newness about these vehicles has surely worn off enough that the yard workers no longer feel that they must step on them.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Just saw this thread, so I'll contribute. Ordered a '20 Redeye WB last week. Options are TorRed (plain- no stripes or black body panels), 3.09s, rear seat delete, nappa/alcantara...which requires the Plus Pkg and Driver Convenience group, summer tires, performance spoiler and red seat belts.

No idea how long it will take, but I'll guess 7-8 weeks.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Just saw this thread, so I'll contribute. Ordered a '20 Redeye WB last week. Options are TorRed (plain- no stripes or black body panels), 3.09s, rear seat delete, nappa/alcantara...which requires the Plus Pkg and Driver Convenience group, summer tires, performance spoiler and red seat belts.

So you get a second Christmas in 2020.
Congratulations!

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Thanks bro! It’s in D1 right now, it’s the only thing I know and I have vin too. What info would you need?

If you read back all the way through this thread you will see that mine stayed in D1 for quite some time. Then all of a sudden it was in Detroit for what I assume was the Carbon Fiber Stripes, soon on a train bound for Memphis. Dodge Customer Care with my VIN was my best source for info. Dealer didn't know anything more than they did, and often was days behind knowing what they did...

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Mine took three months, but it was at the peak of the Power Dollars deal so that might be why...best of luck, the wait is awful, but worth it in the end...man what a car!!!

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Mine took three months, but it was at the peak of the Power Dollars deal so that might be why...best of luck, the wait is awful, but worth it in the end...man what a car!!!
I've waited for NFA tax stamps, this will be a piece of cake.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
If you read back all the way through this thread you will see that mine stayed in D1 for quite some time. Then all of a sudden it was in Detroit for what I assume was the Carbon Fiber Stripes, soon on a train bound for Memphis. Dodge Customer Care with my VIN was my best source for info. Dealer didn't know anything more than they did, and often was days behind knowing what they did...
Thanks for the info HarleyHetz! Were you reaching Dodge customer care by phone? Email? On here?

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Phone, they have an 800 number you can call...I thought I had it around here somewhere but I guess I threw the Sticky Note away...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Dodge Customer Care with my VIN was my best source for info. Dealer didn't know anything more than they did, and often was days behind knowing what they did...
I'm sure glad I'm not using your dealer. Customer Care doesn't even have access to much of what the dealer can pull up...if it's a somewhat competent and willing dealer.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm sure glad I'm not using your dealer. Customer Care doesn't even have access to much of what the dealer can pull up...if it's a somewhat competent and willing dealer.
And that may just be the rub...

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3

Ordered on 12-20-19, Currently in "D" status (firm schedule; VIN assigned). Guess I'll update this weekly if I remember.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm amazed. At least in the building and shipping department, a Trackhawk is apparently faster and quicker than a Challenger.

Today I found out that my li'l red wagon arrived in Salt Lake City yesterday, which is exactly one month since I called and ordered it.

Gotta get my butt in gear and prep everything for going to get it.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Ordered on 12-20-19, Currently in "D" status (firm schedule; VIN assigned). Guess I'll update this weekly if I remember.
Update:

Didn’t get my car yet, but my wife found this cool Redeye model to hold me over lol.

34F7E8E5-2003-4EDF-8F58-DA05AAA90146.jpeg

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Looks like I’m in status G “trim”! .

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wow, my car is at the dealer already! Only one month and five days from when I called and ordered it.
What a difference from the Challenger waiting game.