Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last Hellcat rumor mill

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Sell your Volkswagen
Did that over a year ago. It turned into a Challenger GT AWD.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'd consider dropping the TRX for one of those. Especially if it didn't come with that ginormous sun roof.
yeah, I'm not a fan of sunroofs at all.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The part I found somewhat disconcerting.."he started playing with me"..man I sure hope he didn't mean in the biblical sense..:eek::eek:
Oh, God watched the whole thing and he approved.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
One of the Hellcat owners at the track we talk to you was saying Dodge was testing this week (jon saw the cars and we didn't mention that) He said they were working on launch and said they broke some stuff. He also said they went 1.29 60 ft at 9.30. So the plate does refer to to the 60 ft 1FAST29 1****29. He also said they were having issues with the screws in the carbon fiber wheels. I didn't start the conversation and didn't add to it while he was talking about so indeed the carbon fiber wheels were a thing on car 7. He also said they had the 3.0 hellaphant blower spinning the hell out of it

The bad news is the people he knows that works there says the car will not be sold and no higher ups have given it the green light. So why they are even testing is anyone's guess. He also said there may be no 23's made. The other 6 specials may have already been made but sounds like the factory has been closed for awhile.

100% true, maybe not but some of it for sure. He may be at the track Saturday or next weekend so I can ask some more on what he knows. He owns a Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, Super Stock
What a pathetic half-ass way to go out. Like there was no planning at all.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I gotta think there’s a battle going on. Internally. On one side you know Tim and his legion want this car built. Plus it’s already been promised publicly, so not delivering will pissoff even more die hards.

On the flip side, you have extended filter-tip cigarette-smoking euros wanting all these “crude” cars gone yesterday.

🍿
But if ice is dead at dodge, who gives a fuck about the die hards being pissed? We won't be buying hornets, or banshee or virtually anything else. This is a business and in the end it is about money. Our feelings and druthers etc... don't mean shit.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Speaking of doubts. For whatever reason I'm now thinking about ordering a Durango Hellcat.
Okay, I know the reason: I never had a Durango. And it seems somewhat logical to buy a last of the breed.

But then there's real life. For one, I don't think I could pay for it, and I hate loans. More importantly, what would I do with it?? It'd be one more car that'd be carefully broken in...and then just sit.

Please talk some sense into me. And I'm fully aware that it wouldn't be an easy task.
You could give it to.me at half price.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'd have to buy one first.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
But if ice is dead at dodge, who gives a fuck about the die hards being pissed? We won't be buying hornets, or banshee or virtually anything else. This is a business and in the end it is about money. Our feelings and druthers etc... don't mean shit.
Well they haven't made the switch YET so v8 is still synonymous with Dodge...until it isn't...(fat lady not quite singing)

And as you say, IF they go EV and never look back then yes, you are probably right. But what if this EV 'experiment' fails and we see V8 to the rescue 5 yrs from now. Given there is a non-zero chance that happens it's probably a good hedge not to TORCH the bridges just yet if you are Dodge...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well they haven't made the switch YET so v8 is still synonymous with Dodge...until it isn't...(fat lady not quite singing)

And as you say, IF they go EV and never look back then yes, you are probably right. But what if this EV 'experiment' fails and we see V8 to the rescue 5 yrs from now. Given there is a non-zero chance that happens it's probably a good hedge not to TORCH the bridges just yet if you are Dodge...

The way everything is going, w...

Never mind, just venting.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Speaking of doubts. For whatever reason I'm now thinking about ordering a Durango Hellcat.
Okay, I know the reason: I never had a Durango. And it seems somewhat logical to buy a last of the breed.

But then there's real life. For one, I don't think I could pay for it, and I hate loans. More importantly, what would I do with it?? It'd be one more car that'd be carefully broken in...and then just sit.

Please talk some sense into me. And I'm fully aware that it wouldn't be an easy task.
Where is your girl friend...when you really need her..:unsure::unsure::unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Lets just hope our buddy David K doesn't call it foreplay...:eek::eek::giggle::giggle:
What am I missing here?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Where is your girl friend...when you really need her..:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Hah! She'd be the first one to say "Buy one".
Followed by "You need a few hundred more horsepower if you want to try to keep up with me."

I've given up on trying to keep up. But then again, I don't know how many times I've said "So why don't you buy one?"
And she did.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I m sure the US is different

1668601110197.png

1668601024954.png

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Not sure if this has been posted

1668603351660.png

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Is that canadian dollars?

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sorry buddy, my bad. Says US up top. I was thinking about Canadian since that first letter was Canadian specific.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

I do hope Dodge brings something bad ass with that I6TT

There is tons of potential in that motor if they are allowed to do it.
Even the Drag Pak engine at Sema was over 1000hp for one.

Look at Skylines/Supras from the 90s. Many have went well over 1000hp mark with a big single turbo.

If you can get a 76mm to spool quickly on it, you would have a monster of a car.