Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Super Bee

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Checking in to see if dealers are still holding out hope.

SB.JPG

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
80k for a Scat Pack! They’re holding more than hope!!!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
My dealer told me yesterday when I was in buying out wife’s Jeep lease that GM is selling way more cars than Stellantis simply because they’re offering cheaper vehicles.
He said they can go buy a Chevy Equinox for less than a Jeep Compass or similar vehicle. Some buyer only think about price, they don’t care what vehicle they buy just as long as it’s lower priced.

My dealership owns Dodge, Jeep, Ram stores as well as Chevy and GM dealerships and my salesman can sell from any of their dealerships.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Checking in to see if dealers are still holding out hope.

View attachment 118662
The banner at the top of the web page states "No Market Adjustments" the 1st of what no doubt is many lies from them !!!

Dealer I was at today had a '23 Hellcat (std body) on the showroom floor fully loaded up (sticker $80k) then their add-on sticker - $1400 for tinted windows o_O, $2800 for a 'care pkg', $5k ADM + some other crap bringing the total to $91.5K. They also add ~$1500 in other fees to every deal. Just nuts IMO.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
The banner at the top of the web page states "No Market Adjustments" the 1st of what no doubt is many lies from them !!!

Dealer I was at today had a '23 Hellcat (std body) on the showroom floor fully loaded up (sticker $80k) then their add-on sticker - $1400 for tinted windows o_O, $2800 for a 'care pkg', $5k ADM + some other crap bringing the total to $91.5K. They also add ~$1500 in other fees to every deal. Just nuts IMO.
What blows my mind is that someone will eventually pay it. $1400 for tinted windows? Seriously?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My dealer told me yesterday when I was in buying out wife’s Jeep lease that GM is selling way more cars than Stellantis simply because they’re offering cheaper vehicles.
He said they can go buy a Chevy Equinox for less than a Jeep Compass or similar vehicle. Some buyer only think about price, they don’t care what vehicle they buy just as long as it’s lower priced.

My dealership owns Dodge, Jeep, Ram stores as well as Chevy and GM dealerships and my salesman can sell from any of their dealerships.
Keep in mind what @Speedy! has been saying that they keep raising the price for the same car. How much is really different from that to a 2015 scat pack? I do know the Super Bee is more of a 1320 but even with a 69k msrp it is about 20k more then it should be then they want another 10k:rolleyes:

My 17 Daytona was pretty loaded with a 50k window sticker

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
What blows my mind is that someone will eventually pay it. $1400 for tinted windows? Seriously?
I didn't know that was an option now. I have never been into tinted windows. A good standard factory tint is fine with me

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Keep in mind what @Speedy! has been saying that they keep raising the price for the same car. How much is really different from that to a 2015 scat pack? I do know the Super Bee is more of a 1320 but even with a 69k msrp it is about 20k more then it should be then they want another 10k:rolleyes:

My 17 Daytona was pretty loaded with a 50k window sticker
I had a 2012 Super Bee that stickered for around $42,000 and with rebates and discounts snatched it for just over $30,000 in March if 2013. It’s obscene the prices they want now for these cars.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I had the windows in my Challenger tinted with ceramic film for only $279 for ALL the windows. Less than $300 out the door😳

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

FUCK that....let it rot on the floor...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

That's insane...

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Common here in FL unfortunately, way cheaper to buy out of state & pay to transport it here.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Common here in FL unfortunately, way cheaper to buy out of state & pay to transport it here.
Bought my last Ram in Louisiana, saved thousands. Also, had an enjoyable drive, it's doubtful my next Ram, will be bought in Florida. It's sad, Florida cost of living is much cheaper, but vehicles are very expensive. The dealers must have a strong union...

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE

Had the same problem with my dealer, when I bought my '22 Challenger Redeye. Tinted windows and leather seat prep for "only" $999. I informed the sales person, I "Do Not" want the tinted windows and leather seat prep, as I have difficulty driving at night with tinted windows. I was informed this is "policy" on new cars. I explained, this could put me in danger, driving at night and I believe this policy may be illegal. The big boss, changed this policy, for me, posthaste. I read, later on, to treat new leather seats is not good, only older or sun exposed seats need treatment. But the dealer wasn't finished. They had a $3700 ceramic coating available, to keep the Hellcat looking good for years. I ask them if would look as good, as my 6 year old trade-in, absolutely! Well, I use McGuire's detailer, $10 a bottle. Case closed! Very sad, dealers will do anything to make a buck...

OP
Boris

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Thread Starter #15

I was hoping someone would catch that.

OP
Boris

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Thread Starter #16

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Bought my last Ram in Louisiana, saved thousands. Also, had an enjoyable drive, it's doubtful my next Ram, will be bought in Florida. It's sad, Florida cost of living is much cheaper, but vehicles are very expensive. The dealers must have a strong union...
Yes, they have the FL legislature in their back pockets - better than any union !! The FL legislature is allowing them to get away with this outright robbery, even helps them like the law they passed requiring all factory extended warranties to be sold at full MSRP. This effectively blocked places selling on-line like Ziegler from selling here. Blatant BS favoring the dealers over the citizens !!

OP
Boris

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Thread Starter #18

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/07/t...nd-bringing-new-customers-into-the-gm-family/

Dealers cant keep this thing in stock.
Wonder how those Hornet sales are doing?

Trax starts just over 20 grand. I loaded one up on Chevy's website and couldn't get over 29k!
Hornet starts at 30k

It was only a matter of time before one of these automakers wanted to claim market share and would disrupt things again.
And the Trax marketing has been spot on.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
https://www.carscoops.com/2023/07/t...nd-bringing-new-customers-into-the-gm-family/

Dealers cant keep this thing in stock.
Wonder how those Hornet sales are doing?

Trax starts just over 20 grand. I loaded one up on Chevy's website and couldn't get over 29k!
Hornet starts at 30k

It was only a matter of time before one of these automakers wanted to claim market share and would disrupt things again.
And the Trax marketing has been spot on.
Maybe auto makers will start bringing their pricing back down where it should be. I like searching price of thing then and now with the inflation calculator. Everyone brings up .30 gas back in the 60s but it would be about $3.50 now where it is sometimes. Car pricing on the other hand is no where near where it should be. Top of the line 70 hemi in today's money would be under 40k not 100k like it is

Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Same here in NY. the land of the middle class screwing! The dealership I bought my car from flew me and my wife out to the shop in Indy, paid all my expenses, and gave me a great deal!!! Same car here in NY was 10k more. Of course I faced a lengthy dick around by the NYS DMV trying to register the car, but I've come to expect that as well.