Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Redeye breaks into the 10.1s

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #21
Congrats again Mark. I was pissed I didn't see the 10.18. At least I saw the 10.17 through my windshield.
The people at the line must have thought I was nuts carrying on like I won the lottery in my car when I saw that. LOL
Let me know if you are coming back and still need tires. So I can make sure we get my spares on your car.[driving][twothumb]
Thanks Jim I am going to try to source a pair if I can’t get any I will let you know. Thanks I appreciate that.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #22
Congrats again @Markp, great PB
What is the record on RE, in same set up as you ?... you got to be close ?

BTW - I'm not a RE but have about the equivalent in hp & my PB 60' is a 1.44, 3.09 & 3.15
Billet Silver, fastest color, lol.
It is the quickest that I can find I have searched the internet and 10.22 seems to be the record.
The 3.09 with 315s 60s are incredible. There was another redeye at the track on Sunday and he was going for his PB and he did a 1.42 with a 10.221. I ran right after him a 1.498 with 10.19. The 3.09 315 combo seems to be much better at 60s and 1/8 mile. The 2.62 305 seems better in the 1/4.

Indigo Joe

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
The sticks
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Are the 315s 29.5 tall ? My 18" 305 Rs are 29 tall so I will launch a little harder next spring and see what happens. 3.09 and a NB. Great runs Mark.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This weekend I drove over 6 hours to Napierville Quebec to run at the best track in Canada. Car is stock with drag pak wheel and tire setup. My previous best at two different tracks were 10.399 and 10.394. Napierville is known for there great track prep. I tried to get a new set of ETRs for this track day but they were back ordered. The grooves were all gone on my tires and the threads were starting to show. I could not find any tires so I had no choice to run the car with those tires.

Saturday the DA was around negative 450–500. The first 5 passes I was struggling to get the car to hook. A few hours later the track warmed up a bit and boom I ran a 10.183.
They were not handing out slips because of Covid so when I pulled into the pits my nephew said what do you think you ran?
I said I don’t know what did I run he said 10.37. I said yes amazing then he said no you actually ran 10.18. I started screaming and freaking out. I said I will kill you if your lying to me you better not be lying. I went to the tower to get the slip and was screaming and dancing like a kid at Christmas.

Then after a few shitty passes I got angry with myself. I did 2 hot laps but blew the tires off and on third hot lap I ran 10.172. Then the street cars started screwing up the track.

Sunday the DA was negative 1500 but it was cold as hell. Struggled again for the first few passes. Got a few 10.2s then did a pass with not a great 60 but I still ran a 10.196. Then again the cold and street cars ruined the prep and it was over.

I am so amazed with this car.

I learned a lot from this weekend. Looks like there is not much gain from running 3.09s on a stock redeye. A 2.62 can go just as fast as a 3.09 and now it went faster then any 3.09.

ETRs get better as they get closer to the end of there life. My PB 60ft happened after I cut a few cords that were hanging off the tire. 1.461 60ft on worn ETRs.

1000rpm is the magic launch number.

21 psi is the magic tire pressure.

I would like to thank Moparjim for helping to get the car to run this fast. His right foot has mystical powers that he has shared with me.
Also would like to thank Hpindy, Oilburner, DemonSRT and Frenchcat for there kind words and support. They always said I could do it. Also would like to thank Phasthemi as he has shared his knowledge with me on tire pressures and techniques.
...and just to rub it in a little to the naysayers NB is faster then WB, 2.62 is faster then 3.09 and granite crystal is the fastest color.;):whistle::D
View attachment 27790 View attachment 27791 View attachment 27792
Impressive to say the least...and granite is proven to be .021 faster than every other color....For the life of me..I just cant get my head around that gear ratio dynamic...:confused::confused:

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Impressive congrats!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It is the quickest that I can find I have searched the internet and 10.22 seems to be the record.
The 3.09 with 315s 60s are incredible. There was another redeye at the track on Sunday and he was going for his PB and he did a 1.42 with a 10.221. I ran right after him a 1.498 with 10.19. The 3.09 315 combo seems to be much better at 60s and 1/8 mile. The 2.62 305 seems better in the 1/4.
I agree with that, & 2.62 may be easier to get out of the hole in most cases also.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #27
Also I forgot to mention that when I ran my car just under a half a tank the power would cut out after the launch and the car would fall flat on its face. It did this twice once on what felt like my best launch of the weekend which really pissed me off. @moparjim suggested adding fuel and was nice enough to use his whole tank of gas. Thanks Jim. So we topped it up to 3/4 tank and the issue went away. Strange because there was another stock Redeye at the track who was running on 1/8 of a tank with no issues.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Also I forgot to mention that when I ran my car just under a half a tank the power would cut out after the launch and the car would fall flat on its face. It did this twice once on what felt like my best launch of the weekend which really pissed me off. @moparjim suggested adding fuel and was nice enough to use his whole tank of gas. Thanks Jim. So we topped it up to 3/4 tank and the issue went away. Strange because there was another stock Redeye at the track who was running on 1/8 of a tank with no issues.
Everyone needs the hptuners and data log there car on each pass . So when something happens you will know exactly what happened.
As moparjim and Frenchcat!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #29
Everyone needs the hptuners and data log there car on each pass . So when something happens you will know exactly what happened.
As moparjim and Frenchcat!

I don't even know what I am looking at it looks like hieroglyphics to me. I would need you to school me on the basics.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I don't even know what I am looking at it looks like hieroglyphics to me. I would need you to school me on the basics.
First you need a laptop and the hptuners module. Then we will talk . I will put a class on for you , @oilburner , and @DemonSRT .

Your winter assignment is to buy a cheap laptop and the hptuners hardware.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Congrats again @Markp, great PB
What is the record on RE, in same set up as you ?... you got to be close ?

BTW - I'm not a RE but have about the equivalent in hp & my PB 60' is a 1.44, 3.09 & 3.15
Billet Silver, fastest color, lol.
true, silver is the fastest:)

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
This weekend I drove over 6 hours to Napierville Quebec to run at the best track in Canada. Car is stock with drag pak wheel and tire setup. My previous best at two different tracks were 10.399 and 10.394. Napierville is known for there great track prep. I tried to get a new set of ETRs for this track day but they were back ordered. The grooves were all gone on my tires and the threads were starting to show. I could not find any tires so I had no choice to run the car with those tires.

Saturday the DA was around negative 450–500. The first 5 passes I was struggling to get the car to hook. A few hours later the track warmed up a bit and boom I ran a 10.183.
They were not handing out slips because of Covid so when I pulled into the pits my nephew said what do you think you ran?
I said I don’t know what did I run he said 10.37. I said yes amazing then he said no you actually ran 10.18. I started screaming and freaking out. I said I will kill you if your lying to me you better not be lying. I went to the tower to get the slip and was screaming and dancing like a kid at Christmas.

Then after a few shitty passes I got angry with myself. I did 2 hot laps but blew the tires off and on third hot lap I ran 10.172. Then the street cars started screwing up the track.

Sunday the DA was negative 1500 but it was cold as hell. Struggled again for the first few passes. Got a few 10.2s then did a pass with not a great 60 but I still ran a 10.196. Then again the cold and street cars ruined the prep and it was over.

I am so amazed with this car.

I learned a lot from this weekend. Looks like there is not much gain from running 3.09s on a stock redeye. A 2.62 can go just as fast as a 3.09 and now it went faster then any 3.09.

ETRs get better as they get closer to the end of there life. My PB 60ft happened after I cut a few cords that were hanging off the tire. 1.461 60ft on worn ETRs.

1000rpm is the magic launch number.

21 psi is the magic tire pressure.

I would like to thank Moparjim for helping to get the car to run this fast. His right foot has mystical powers that he has shared with me.
Also would like to thank Hpindy, Oilburner, DemonSRT and Frenchcat for there kind words and support. They always said I could do it. Also would like to thank Phasthemi as he has shared his knowledge with me on tire pressures and techniques.
...and just to rub it in a little to the naysayers NB is faster then WB, 2.62 is faster then 3.09 and granite crystal is the fastest color.;):whistle::D
View attachment 27790 View attachment 27791 View attachment 27792
Good runs man! Glad you stuck with it and nice to see some one carry the stock redeye torch!

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
The shorter tire helps these cars on the big end. The 1/4 mile trap speed should tell the story...

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #34
The shorter tire helps these cars on the big end. The 1/4 mile trap speed should tell the story...
My trap speed should have been a few mph faster. At Napierville the right lane laser which reads mph is a little higher so it hits the front lip of the air diffuser because our cars are so low. My mph was most likely 136 or higher. @moparjim I can't remember why I think Jim said it had something to do with right lane being a little higher???

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #35
Good runs man! Glad you stuck with it and nice to see some one carry the stock redeye torch!
Thanks and thank you for always trying to help me out whenever I had any questions about what I needed to do to go faster. I could not have done it without your help and the help of @moparjim, @Hpindy, @DemonSRT, @oilburner, @Frenchcat and many other forum members.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
My trap speed should have been a few mph faster. At Napierville the right lane laser which reads mph is a little higher so it hits the front lip of the air diffuser because our cars are so low. My mph was most likely 136 or higher. @moparjim I can't remember why I think Jim said it had something to do with right lane being a little higher???
Yes, it is not uncommon for mph to differ from right to left lane with same Et. If you and the redeye on the 315 tire ran in the same lane, my guess is you would have the higher MPH and ET due to the shorter ...everything else being equal...

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #37
Yes, it is not uncommon for mph to differ from right to left lane with same Et. If you and the redeye on the 315 tire ran in the same lane, my guess is you would have the higher MPH and ET due to the shorter ...everything else being equal...
Yes your right he showed me his 10.22 run and it was 130mph in the right lane. I only ran the right lane all weekend and my highest mph was 134. I think Jim said for his hellcat it was 3mph low in the right lane.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have been fighting the MPH thing the last 2 years that I know of. Last year left was high, this year right is high

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have been fighting the MPH thing the last 2 years that I know of. Last year left was high, this year right is high
Differences from lane to lane dont matter and are out of your control. When Im testing, I only use same lane MPH and ET data for that day to compare even though I may run both lanes.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Differences from lane to lane dont matter and are out of your control. When Im testing, I only use same lane MPH and ET data for that day to compare even though I may run both lanes.
I get it just annoying. I noticed a lot of people running the left cause of it. I came up one time and there was 1 in the right lane and 5 in the left. Traction seemed to be the same in either