Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Fuel Rails, why they don’t keep up

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have recently been looking to the 100-150mph dragy times as trying to get traction at 60 on a street is impossible. It seems to be a better way to gauge accurate increases, for me at least. tried 3 times yesterday and spun to 80 on each attempt. sill seeing 4.7's. 60-130 spinning pretty bad. but the 4.13 100-150 tells a much better story.
that is what drag strips are for:rolleyes:

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
that is what drag strips are for:rolleyes:
Man there wasn't one open yesterday afternoon :ROFLMAO: and my impatience is horrible. wont get any real data from a track again until April 1st :cry:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Man there wasn't one open yesterday afternoon :ROFLMAO: and my impatience is horrible. wont get any real data from a track again until April 1st :cry:
my car still in storage:LOL:

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Thread Starter #1,464
I have a complete spare 2.4, if you need the clips, I could send what you need.
This is my 3 day weekend off so I’ll look for a set in the shop. If I can’t find them I’ll check autozones price on 8, if crazy I’ll take you up on borrowing yours. Hoping to maybe get this test done over the weekend 🤞🏻🤞🏻

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,465
I have recently been looking to the 100-150mph dragy times as trying to get traction at 60 on a street is impossible. It seems to be a better way to gauge accurate increases, for me at least. tried 3 times yesterday and spun to 80 on each attempt. sill seeing 4.7's. 60-130 spinning pretty bad. but the 4.13 100-150 tells a much better story.
I may have to try this but to get to 150 means a shift to 5th or upping the rev limiter a bit more to get that last 5 mph. 4th at 6800 tops out at 145-146 for me me, I’m geared for 1/4 mile runs where my prediction was 145 in the 1/4, about right at that now even on the street. Going to a private track rental May 5 so may get to see where it ends up at on the track, hoping prep is decent and track is warm by then.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
This is my 3 day weekend off so I’ll look for a set in the shop. If I can’t find them I’ll check autozones price on 8, if crazy I’ll take you up on borrowing yours. Hoping to maybe get this test done over the weekend 🤞🏻🤞🏻
You’re the best man! Everyone’s stressing over lower fuel pressure, but why would the fuel pressure need to be that high if it was able to meet fuel needs more efficiently? My theory is either the voltage scale is different in the Redeye sensor, or it’s because the driver side rail is different and the sensor is no longer inline and on its own T allowing better flow. I was seeing 74-78 psi at wot up top, people were saying that’s low - should be 90? Idk

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,467
You’re the best man! Everyone’s stressing over lower fuel pressure, but why would the fuel pressure need to be that high if it was able to meet fuel needs more efficiently? My theory is either the voltage scale is different in the Redeye sensor, or it’s because the driver side rail is different and the sensor is no longer inline and on its own T allowing better flow. I was seeing 74-78 psi at wot up top, people were saying that’s low - should be 90? Idk
Boost figure adds in here, as if you have 74 psi of fuel pressure (as I do too) but 24 psi of boost effectively you only have 50 psi across the injector. Which isn’t bad as most injectors flow is measured at 3 or 3.5 bar which is about 45 and 52 psi. Increased psi across the injector just increases possible fuel delivery from the injector at hand. The biggest thing as long as your injectors are big enough to remain under 75, 80% at the worst duty cycle is a steady pressure across the injector at WOT so trims remain steady and predictable and mixture does not need constant unpredictable by the pcm corrections. I was happy to see that back with the HC rails (ie sensor most likely) that even with the whipple and ported heads and 2450 aircharge at 74 psi commanded fuel pressure it maintained such and I still had 3-5% pump DC left yet in -500 DA and 39F ambient that I should be fine through the warmer months coming. Next winter I may add a 3rd pump on a FPCM only because I’m thinking of adding a small shot (35 hp jet setting) dry N2O spray before the TB blade for cooling triggered from a PB switch on my shifter knob for use in 4th and even 5th maybe and I’ll need some pump head room to make sure the injectors have ample fuel supply to feed the fuel side of the shot. Also a third pump, if their triple 285’s if one pump fails 2 will keep up enough to keep things from going damagingly lean and allowing the bypass time to kick in and save the day, which even if not caught by data logging will be felt and be an alert something is up, investigate. But for now I’m planning to run it as is for at least this summer, the first half at least lol.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Boost figure adds in here, as if you have 74 psi of fuel pressure (as I do too) but 24 psi of boost effectively you only have 50 psi across the injector. Which isn’t bad as most injectors flow is measured at 3 or 3.5 bar which is about 45 and 52 psi. Increased psi across the injector just increases possible fuel delivery from the injector at hand. The biggest thing as long as your injectors are big enough to remain under 75, 80% at the worst duty cycle is a steady pressure across the injector at WOT so trims remain steady and predictable and mixture does not need constant unpredictable by the pcm corrections. I was happy to see that back with the HC rails (ie sensor most likely) that even with the whipple and ported heads and 2450 aircharge at 74 psi commanded fuel pressure it maintained such and I still had 3-5% pump DC left yet in -500 DA and 39F ambient that I should be fine through the warmer months coming. Next winter I may add a 3rd pump on a FPCM only because I’m thinking of adding a small shot (35 hp jet setting) dry N2O spray before the TB blade for cooling triggered from a PB switch on my shifter knob for use in 4th and even 5th maybe and I’ll need some pump head room to make sure the injectors have ample fuel supply to feed the fuel side of the shot. Also a third pump, if their triple 285’s if one pump fails 2 will keep up enough to keep things from going damagingly lean and allowing the bypass time to kick in and save the day, which even if not caught by data logging will be felt and be an alert something is up, investigate. But for now I’m planning to run it as is for at least this summer, the first half at least lol.
Lol, leave it alone for a bit! Lots of great info here. I have a lot more to learn and a lot more to research, I got into heavy data logging and reading/ making sense of the data a long time ago and forgot 90% of it. Neighbors used to think I just liked sitting in car listening to it run and who knows what else lol. Lots of great info and great people here willing to share, that’s why I like the community and will never get rid of my car

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,470
Satera Rings of Hell pulley up date. Seems they have had some concerns over the method of bolting the rings to the clutch, even though mine had no issues they sent me a brand new one no charge with a prepaid label to send the original back. Now that’s TOP NOTCH watching out for product satisfaction!! I’ve still months later never got a certificate from Litens for 50% off one boy even though I sent three back. I highly recommend this Satera pulley over a Litens not only because it works snd stood up to my abuse but also because of Satera’s TOP NOTCH customer care! 👍🏻👍🏻
THANK YOU Jeremy!!

698C040B-FAD0-41EB-937F-267E0BDB4AC3.jpeg

So I have a brand new Pulley to put on a IHI if needed in the future, NICE!!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Satera Rings of Hell pulley up date. Seems they have had some concerns over the method of bolting the rings to the clutch, even though mine had no issues they sent me a brand new one no charge with a prepaid label to send the original back. Now that’s TOP NOTCH watching out for product satisfaction!! I’ve still months later never got a certificate from Litens for 50% off one boy even though I sent three back. I highly recommend this Satera pulley over a Litens not only because it works snd stood up to my abuse but also because of Satera’s TOP NOTCH customer care! 👍🏻👍🏻
THANK YOU Jeremy!!

View attachment 100832

Or you could sell it to me lol.. nice! I wish whipple did that! Got IN FRONT of the problem

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,472
Or you could sell it to me lol.. nice! I wish whipple did that! Got IN FRONT of the problem
Satera clutched pulley for my Whipple should be here in about 2 weeks 🤞🏻

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
todays snow not helping either Plan is next weekend bring it home

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Satera clutched pulley for my Whipple should be here in about 2 weeks 🤞🏻
so that was not one in the picture from them about being a tester?

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,475
so that was not one in the picture from them about being a tester?
Unfortunately no, they’re not ready to ship yet. I thought it was, until this pulley arrived and I called them about what is this lol. Then they explained the situation. Test pulley hopefully be here by months end.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Unfortunately no, they’re not ready to ship yet. I thought it was, until this pulley arrived and I called them about what is this lol. Then they explained the situation. Test pulley hopefully be here by months end.
really interested in a clutched pulley for the whipple, I assume your testing one of these for them.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,477
really interested in a clutched pulley for the whipple, I assume your testing one of these for them.
Yes, I’ll post pics once it arrives.

Today I finished the Bang Shift Billy installation, the under the dash part, O what cursing went on lol. It’s set up and ready to street test.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
THANK YOU Jeremy!!

View attachment 100832

Outstanding customer service and a decent vendor to deal with

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,479
K&N filters for sale in the for sale section,$120 for both shipped.

88D370B3-FFED-425B-851E-63C83DAA6D55.jpeg 884811B4-E4FC-4E7E-BEB7-43ECC7FB30C9.jpeg BD8FBD1C-DF40-4E9E-9CA2-410959F34E8D.jpeg 7F47539D-304B-45F9-ABB1-6431A0BA78B0.png 70BA73FE-E98E-4815-BBC1-4FD47D07522D.png

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Get a chance to test the fuel rails @16GoManGoHC2 ? This week flew by!