Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis and Direct Sales

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Unlike most, I ENJOY that process. "Dude, I'll go 10 miles away and get the EXACT same car from a dealer who will haggle lower." Of course, most ppl won't do this. (shrug)
Hell, I'll go 400 miles away for a great deal.
I also kind of enjoy the price negotiations with my favorite dealer. That's because we're friends, and I get a great deal no matter what. But that doesn't mean I can't pester him a bit and we can joke about it.

This is all done over the phone, by the way, since he's 450 miles from here. Although, this year my girlfriend bought three cars from a mere 150 miles away - aka the local dealer.

In the past year, we've bought from Texas (2), Wisconsin, Michigan, Utah (2), Arizona, New Mexico (3), Nevada, and Colorado.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I also kind of enjoy the price negotiations with my favorite dealer. That's because we're friends, and I get a great deal no matter what. But that doesn't mean I can't pester him a bit and we can joke about it.

This is all done over the phone, by the way, since he's 450 miles from here. Although, this year my girlfriend bought three cars from a mere 150 miles away - aka the local dealer.

In the past year, we've bought from Texas (2), Wisconsin, Michigan, Utah (2), Arizona, New Mexico (3), Nevada, and Colorado.
I’m jealous of your car storage space! :)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I’m jealous of your car storage space! :)
Well, we sold almost as many so space doesn't really matter in that sense.

Also, most sit outside anyway, like the TRXs and her new RS6 Avant. But don't worry, the Hellcats live indoors.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Bought my ‘15 HC in rural Iowa for MSRP, on a custom order. Got it timely in the spring of 2015. Did that while everyone was waiting for their VON to be confirmed by Dodge at the big dealers. This small dealer SE of Des Moines had their bell rang with an honest allocation and pricing because they took my order for no ADM.

Bought my ‘19 REWB in Illinois for a decent price at the time. Another custom order. Because of their connections to the MN State government, they incorrectly (AND ON PURPOSE) filled out the tax info wrong. It is costing me several hundred dollars in extra registration fees each year so I can remember to never do that again! They listed the entire sticker cost and not what I paid. Had some excuse they were required to. BULLSHIT!! I filled out the 2015 info myself, when I paid the sales tax because it was purchased from out of state. They fucked me because they love taxes and dream in blue.

The people here in several Twin City dealerships including the dealer I purchased nearly a dozen new Jeeps from would not lift a finger to help me buy my first Hellcat. Fired all of them! Never walked into and will not walk into those dealers ever again, never! Found one dealer my wife had been using for service and they are my friends now.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
After buying all those jeeps, what was the problem with working with you on the HC? I just don't get that.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
After buying all those jeeps, what was the problem with working with you on the HC? I just don't get that.
I don't know, remember VON Hell and the confusion the dealers had about their allocations? When they could not help, as you know, myself and others had no time for their BS, and we found places to sell us the cars.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
In one breath...GM chastises them for ADM...then the say...Its a supply and demand market...let the dealers do what they will with MSRP's...It sucks...I will never pay ADM...but look...2019 ZO6's still are going for over MSRP...It is crazy...
Unless the manufacturers are just bullshitting the people, but Ford and GM have doubled downed (at least on their EV stuff) that they don't want this shit to continue.

Then let it continue.

Cut throat business.
When a dealer gets blasted on the internet for a 100k markup and then nothing gets done about, is GM really serious?

Go look at the current price of "used" Hummer EVs. Last one i saw available had an asking price of 250k!!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle