Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis 1st Q Sales

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Its all overpriced.
Ford is the same way. Nicely equipped F150s are high 60s - 70s even with the 6 cylinder.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I find this hilarious as they stated Dodge can rot and wanted really the Jeep and Ram brands...
They are not the newest/shiniest toys anymore.

Jeep Wrangler was out in 2018. 5th year it needs a refresh as you see 100 of them a day.
Same with the Ram 1500, in need of a refresh. But this one is tricky because the Hemi is dead and its likely the I6 going in its place.

I still think its the nicest truck of the big 4, but its also the oldest now. And GM's revised interior is very close to the Limited interior IMO.
I just priced out a Denali with 6.2L and options i'd want 79.3k vs a limited Ram with 5.7 e-torque and its 80.5k

Its a coinflip now but the GMC is cheaper and more HP and no freaking E-Torque

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Jeep Wrangler was out in 2018. 5th year it needs a refresh as you see 100 of them a day.
Same with the Ram 1500, in need of a refresh. But this one is tricky because the Hemi is dead and its likely the I6 going in its place.

I still think its the nicest truck of the big 4, but its also the oldest now. And GM's revised interior is very close to the Limited interior IMO.
I just priced out a Denali with 6.2L and options i'd want 79.3k vs a limited Ram with 5.7 e-torque and its 80.5k

Personally we've always had problems with GM vehicles. Our daughter is having constant problems with her Suburban now and trying to find a replacement.

I had an etorque and had no problems but traded at 14K.

We're kinda stuck with what we have but the 2500 is always getting recalled. It's at the dealer right now.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Since COVID, the lifters in the GM V8s suck.

Brother works at a GMC dealer and he sees at least 1 a week with the problem.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
In Canada, looks like Stellantis has a runaway success with Hornet sales at 4.:eek: (that is, customers are running away). So close to topping Fiat 500 sales at 5. :rolleyes:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat

None of the truck lines are affected by emissions. The v8 will live on in the trucks.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I still think we see a Hurricane Ram 1500.
That is the Stellantis baby now and something they want spread across their portfolio.

I believe the 5.7 Hemi is dead in the Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer now. I hope it lives on, its a bad ass motor and now the aftermarket is starting to make some good stuff for them.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did you even read? 😂
TRX not going extinct
Koval didn't mince words. "No," was the short, blunt, and clear response given when asked if the TRX dies after the 2023 model year, which is when Dodge CEO Tim Kunskis told MA the Hellcat twins as we know them will disappear.
The current plan, according to Koval, calls for the TRX to not only exist beyond 2023, but exist in its current form. The executive wouldn't disclose why the TRX will get to live on beyond when the Hellcats go extinct. At that point, it will theoretically become the only vehicle with the supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat V-8 as the Charger and Challenger model Hellcats will fade away after 2023, and the Jeep Trackhawkand Dodge Durango Hellcat are already gone.
In regards to the 1500:
Finally, when asked if there's a set end date for the internal combustion engine at Ram Koval was quick to respond with a one-word response. "No."

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Did you even read? 😂
Hate to tell you that there's a difference between the numbers 4 and 6.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hate to tell you that there's a difference between the numbers 4 and 6.
im glad you can count, my quotes were about the v8 engines still being around

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
im glad you can count, my quotes were about the v8 engines still being around
The article talks about a 4 cylinder turbo.
Screenshot_20230404_115815_Chrome.jpg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
There has been back and forth on whether the 5.7 lives past 2023 or not.
It really depends if the Ram 1500 refresh is ready for 24 or not.
No word that the TRX will be a 24 model but many seem to think it will be and with the Hellcat engine.

Im not sure if order banks opened back up for 23s or not but they closed them back in January for the 23 year.

I think Ram would love to make another run of TRXs but it hasn't been confirmed.

At this point, I'd think the lineup in 24 is the same as 23. But maybe Stellantis is going to have a giant reveal some time this summer for the next generation of cars. I think its about time the 1500, Wrangler/Gladiator, Challenger, and Charger all get updated.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
There has been back and forth on whether the 5.7 lives past 2023 or not.
It really depends if the Ram 1500 refresh is ready for 24 or not.
No word that the TRX will be a 24 model but many seem to think it will be and with the Hellcat engine.

Im not sure if order banks opened back up for 23s or not but they closed them back in January for the 23 year.

I think Ram would love to make another run of TRXs but it hasn't been confirmed.

At this point, I'd think the lineup in 24 is the same as 23. But maybe Stellantis is going to have a giant reveal some time this summer for the next generation of cars. I think its about time the 1500, Wrangler/Gladiator, Challenger, and Charger all get updated.
I know of no big surprises for 24 Wrangler/Gladiator but can't say anything else

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The illusion of a parts problem to raise prices. Less vehicles built for more money equals higher profits.

They're all doing it.
I think there really was an unplanned parts problem early on in the Covid pandemic when they were all getting bitten in the ass by slow downs and such (not that it should not have been foreseen - if you outsource everything to other countries, with no control at all, you're playing with the life of your business - it isn't always about squeezing the last possible nickel out of the customer while accepting a quadrupling, or more, of your per item failure rate). But then after that, when it allowed them to focus all efforts on producing the highest margin products only, there developed a "wink wink" this-isn't-so-bad attitude. I do not think the auto companies are particularly champing at the bit to get back to full rate production across the board, nor are they working 24 hours a day to remedy the situation.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Covid excuse was a great way to side step those union contracts.

GM capitalized on it but Ford said they left 2B on the table.

Still have to maintain plants even if they are not running. And I don't think the car industry can be order only.

Interesting times for sure

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Mark my words EVs will bankrupt these companies only to be bailed out by the governments who forced their bankruptcy.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I really wanted a Ram 1500, Koons was giving great deals, but for 2023 all 5.7’s are eTroque, and the last thing I want in my V8 gas truck is a $1500 driver drill battery. I ordered a F150 XL with a 5.0, $3k under MSRP with no fees, just over $45k. Ordered 3/23/23, today status shows it is “In Production”. My first choice would be to run my ’03 Silverado until it pukes, but I’m buying now because I don’t want to miss out on the last of the V8’s.

OP
jroyk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Thread Starter #40
I really wanted a Ram 1500, Koons was giving great deals, but for 2023 all 5.7’s are eTroque, and the last thing I want in my V8 gas truck is a $1500 driver drill battery. I ordered a F150 XL with a 5.0, $3k under MSRP with no fees, just over $45k. Ordered 3/23/23, today status shows it is “In Production”. My first choice would be to run my ’03 Silverado until it pukes, but I’m buying now because I don’t want to miss out on the last of the V8’s.

I was disappointed to learn that the SC was a prop. I rarely watch Junkyard Empire, but in one that I did watch, the old guy bought the actual movie car and had the prop replaced with a real SC.