Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

State of Virginia just halted all non essential businesses closed for 30-60 days wow.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
get down there and start collecting that unemployment she's paid into for years.
Thats the plan unless she can find something that pays better than that in the interim.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thats the plan unless she can find something that pays better than that in the interim.
yep

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
As a federal worker for 19yrs with the DoD and with one of the service organizations on the front line of this pandemic, I find these 2 posts to be both full of bullshit, and angering. You have no idea WTF you are talking about, so please try and calm down and worry more about your welfare and making your situation better.
I beg to differ
Brother in law works for Social Security Adminitration, their entire building is dark, full pay full benifits, enjoying it like a vacation

Dept of Environmental Protection CLOSED until further notice, full pay full benefits, Guy out fishing and enjoying his “paid vacation” in his EXACT words!!
You may be at work, but not all are.
And BTW, my situation is just fine, own my house free and clear, all my cars just the same, along with everything I own. But NONE of it came on a free ride like I see some at the moment whooping it up Tax payer paid government jobs home on paid leave at the moment smiling ear to ear. I don’t post lies, bullshit or stretches of the truth, only what I see and hear with my own eyes and in my area at least this is what I see

PJO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Louisville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I beg to differ
Brother in law works for Social Security Adminitration, their entire building is dark, full pay full benifits, enjoying it like a vacation

Dept of Environmental Protection CLOSED until further notice, full pay full benefits, Guy out fishing and enjoying his “paid vacation” in his EXACT words!!
And BTW, my situation is just fine, own my house free and clear, all my cars just the same, along with everything I own. But NONE of it came on a free ride like I see some at the moment whooping it up Tax payer paid government jobs home on paid leave at the moment smiling ear to ear. I don’t post lies, bullshit or stretches of the truth, only what I see and hear with my own eyes and in my area at least this is what I see
While I have no doubt that those persons are doing/saying what you have described, that is not the permitted policy for any Federal employees (in their defense, could be a bone-headed call by a local manager). Telework (working from home) is allowed/needed, as well as sick leave for various specific Covid-related reasons (self and family related). But, any 2-million person workforce contains slugs and criminals, so falsifying time and attendance docs does happen.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
No, non,no not the bitch. Cover that critter up. With a tent.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My Franlk in stein doc is working from the 18th hole and not with a club. At the DD's in his Tero sa. Got a call and the office is working over the phone. My tell her promter will work just fine. Brings a new meaning to turn and cough. man,,,, those screens are cold.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I love the ignore option.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
ADA? Americans with disabilities?
I beg to differ

In all Fairness to the Government lol yeah right the true deal should be they all take pay cuts and we pay less taxes. And or if we pay same taxes then we get the Government workers guaranteed pay salary. The BIG GOV is big and just incredible people route for the politicians to have more BIG GOV and tax The hell out everyone. And when times get tough They get guaranteed income and we the tax payers lose our jobs and still pay the taxes what an incredible business. Think if you owned a business and everyone still had to pay you for your goods and or services but you did not actually provide those anymore. What a hell of a deal and yes it’s so wrong. Think of all the public school teachers sitting at home same scenario guaranteed income and yet so many more in this country are going to be jobless and get a measly 2400 check what a fuking joke.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Point Pleasant
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
In all Fairness to the Government lol yeah right the true deal should be they all take pay cuts and we pay less taxes. And or if we pay same taxes then we get the Government workers guaranteed pay salary. The BIG GOV is big and just incredible people route for the politicians to have more BIG GOV and tax The hell out everyone. And when times get tough They get guaranteed income and we the tax payers lose our jobs and still pay the taxes what an incredible business. Think if you owned a business and everyone still had to pay you for your goods and or services but you did not actually provide those anymore. What a hell of a deal and yes it’s so wrong. Think of all the public school teachers sitting at home same scenario guaranteed income and yet so many more in this country are going to be jobless and get a measly 2400 check what a fuking joke.
As a government worker with a wife that is a school teacher, you have no idea what your talking about. Every teacher that is at home because of school closings has to teach remotely from home. I am also required to perform my job remotely. I don't know what other states are doing but this is not a vacation. In fact working remotely makes the job twice as hard dealing with the challenges of not being at work.

Everyone needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that we are all dealing with this. Yes some have a paycheck, others do not. But dont think the people who have jobs have a paid vacation if they are working remotely. And if your mad because government workers or teachers still have jobs that is why most chose that field for security, not for the pay perks that the private sector enjoys.

What people dont seem to realize is that if this does not get under control with the measures that are being imposed, there will be millions infected not thousands. Try going to a hospital FOR ANYTHING needing medical attention with a pandemic in the millions and see how quickly you will get treated. You wont. Think its bad now, people cant see what the end result could be.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
As a government worker with a wife that is a school teacher, you have no idea what your talking about. Every teacher that is at home because of school closings has to teach remotely from home. I am also required to perform my job remotely. I don't know what other states are doing but this is not a vacation. In fact working remotely makes the job twice as hard dealing with the challenges of not being at work.

Everyone needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that we are all dealing with this. Yes some have a paycheck, others do not. But dont think the people who have jobs have a paid vacation if they are working remotely. And if your mad because government workers or teachers still have jobs that is why most chose that field for security, not for the pay perks that the private sector enjoys.

What people dont seem to realize is that if this does not get under control with the measures that are being imposed, there will be millions infected not thousands. Try going to a hospital FOR ANYTHING needing medical attention with a pandemic in the millions and see how quickly you will get treated. You wont. Think its bad now, people cant see what the end result could be.
I am not ignorant and I have a wife who is fed for the record. The point is if every business is impacted the Gov has to comply as well. And yes the craziness has not even started we are only 1 week in and when it gets to 3-4 weeks the craziness will start. And I am not challenging you as an individual who has responsibilities I am challenging the BIG GOV. They have to give back to the tax payers period. Reduction in gov pay has to happen to give back to the tax payers plain and simple. It’s ok for all us small businesses too suffer thru this but its not ok for big G to suffer as well. It’s a lopsided equation and everyone knows It. And I am not a forum member to belittle others and or anyone. It’s time everyone makes sacrifices in this and that includes big G more than ever.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Aaaaand now the wife is getting laid off.
Just keeps getting better...
geez poke thing get any slower for ya...ur gonna be backin up

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The protections the federal workforce gets were put in for reasons, over time. Can it be abused? Sure. Are the reasons no longer valid? I'm not sure, but many are. And don't forget, this was often put in place when unions were strong and about protecting their members. Union membership at its lowest; no protections for most, and now it's all supposed to be the governments problem? If folks are truly anti-government, burn your bail out check. Tell your reps and senators "Fuck businesses; it's the law of the jungle." Let it shake out hard core. But no one is really going to do that. They'll bitch and moan about the government as they look for it to do its job with even less funding and more borrowing. How are we going to pay off these 15 trillion dollars in spending we have been doing on credit? We can't go to war with china (they buy the bulk of our debt) and we can't default on it (since the world economy would grenade). Real businesses and real working folks need the assistance - this bulk of the aid, like the bulk of tax cuts, going to to the wealth and businesss more than able to borrow on their existing assets is bullshit.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Wow a lot of personal rancor going on here. Be cool guys. We are all in the same boat and it may be sinking. Thanks Again China. You Suck!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The protections the federal workforce gets were put in for reasons, over time. Can it be abused? Sure. Are the reasons no longer valid? I'm not sure, but many are. And don't forget, this was often put in place when unions were strong and about protecting their members. Union membership at its lowest; no protections for most, and now it's all supposed to be the governments problem? If folks are truly anti-government, burn your bail out check. Tell your reps and senators "Fuck businesses; it's the law of the jungle." Let it shake out hard core. But no one is really going to do that. They'll bitch and moan about the government as they look for it to do its job with even less funding and more borrowing. How are we going to pay off these 15 trillion dollars in spending we have been doing on credit? We can't go to war with china (they buy the bulk of our debt) and we can't default on it (since the world economy would grenade). Real businesses and real working folks need the assistance - this bulk of the aid, like the bulk of tax cuts, going to to the wealth and businesss more than able to borrow on their existing assets is bullshit.
let The Purge begin.......

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Funny and funny but can you believe the ADA got the governors from MD and Va to wave the law and they selling cars again no lie.
Just heard this morning that my friends dealership group has their showrooms open for business.......so I guess they did have a change of heart for the car dealers in Maryland.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
Just heard this morning that my friends dealership group has their showrooms open for business.......so I guess they did have a change of heart for the car dealers in Maryland.
Yes I am personal friends with some of the dealers I MD and VA and they share a lot with me. And believe it or not they are selling a lot of cars so far.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yes I am personal friends with some of the dealers I MD and VA and they share a lot with me. And believe it or not they are selling a lot of cars so far.
Yeah...I bet they are. Yesterday morning my friend called me when he got to work and told me only parts/service was open and that they had sent all the sales people home because of the Gov's orders. He was griping because he is salaried and wanted some free time off :)
Then this morning he calls me and says its back to business as usual.
PA showrooms are still closed. There are two cars in PA that I want to go look at, and I probably will this weekend.....but there won't be any salespeople there. I guess if I like one of the cars enough I can email the dealership and see how they want to handle it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Or you can break and enter, find the keys, and leave a check on the counter.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Or you can break and enter, find the keys, and leave a check on the counter.
I like the way you think......I'll be watching you...

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania