Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So You Want To Order A 2023?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
The UK and EU are pushing had for hydrogen.
I like hydrogen long term. two immediate problems to overcome: it easily leaks so u need incredibly good seals/tanks and its insanely flammable (see hindenberg). creating usable hydrogen is not the problem. its everywhere (in molecular form).

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I like hydrogen long term. two immediate problems to overcome: it easily leaks so u need incredibly good seals/tanks and its insanely flammable (see hindenberg). creating usable hydrogen is not the problem. its everywhere (in molecular form).
So is gasoline...it's at the kwick fill down the street...the Sunoco round the corner..it's everywhere..

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
So is gasoline...it's at the kwick fill down the street...the Sunoco round the corner..it's everywhere..
Short term thinker. Why am I not surprised,lol! Keep the comedic shtick coming! :p

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
H2 takes energy to produce which is why it is impractical until we have an abundant source of cheap clean energy, maybe fusion. Not in my lifetime.

EU pretty much has no energy at all, the peasants are in for a very cold and deadly winter, H2 is a pipe dream of the EU elite.

(Edit: Corrected typo.)

Last edited:

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
That and the fill rate.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Hydrogen is far.more impractical from a commercial generation stand point.
Because governments base their decisions on that?

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
It makes ya wonder..back in the day..when ya loaded up a covered wagon,,and headed West with no GPS..no road side mini marts...no nothin...could there possibly have been as many incredibly fuckin stupid people in this world as there is today...:unsure::unsure::unsure:
🤔🤔 No. No I don’t believe so.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
ethanol.
every thing could run on it as far as I’m concerned.
Prices set by supply and demand.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Again, limitation on supply is problematic

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Problem for consumer.
Not so much for producer.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
So when does ordering for 2023 open?

Buddy of mine traded in his TRX and DHC for new corvettes little while back. Was going to trade TRX for new production Charger HC but dealer was completely an ass about it, so vette it was. TRX was sold that same day while he was completing paperwork.

Second vette dealer, he signed deal, then called them next day and said he couldn't do it. Loved the DHC. They added a significant, stupid, amount of money to the offer, and he just couldnt say no.

Only thing he.really did not like about TRX was the really poor mileage / cost of fuel

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
We all have the right to be stupid, but some really abuse the privilege :rolleyes:
I'm all for an adventure, I hope he drives that Leaf back into the dealership and drives off with a GTR or Z

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Short term thinker. Why am I not surprised,lol! Keep the comedic shtick coming! :p
Why are you asking me :unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
H2 takes energy to produce which is why it is impractical until we have an abundant source of cheap clean energy, maybe fusion. Not in my lifetime.

EU pretty much has no energy at all, the peasants are in for a very cold and deadly winter, H2 is a pipe dream of the EU elite.

(Edit: Corrected typo.)
All this talk about alternative fuels...reminds me of the TV commercial where a group of teenage kids tryin to escape the the chainsaw killer opt to hide in the building (where the bad guy is)...instead of fleeing in the running car...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
So when does ordering for 2023 open?

Buddy of mine traded in his TRX and DHC for new corvettes little while back. Was going to trade TRX for new production Charger HC but dealer was completely an ass about it, so vette it was. TRX was sold that same day while he was completing paperwork.

Second vette dealer, he signed deal, then called them next day and said he couldn't do it. Loved the DHC. They added a significant, stupid, amount of money to the offer, and he just couldnt say no.

Only thing he.really did not like about TRX was the really poor mileage / cost of fuel
I was just at Chapman in PA they just sold 3 2022 hellcat Widebody chargers and 2 were Redeyes. When I asked the guy when I can order one for 23’ they still said the order banks Arn’t open. They also said it’s likely you may not be able to order one at all and maybe only 22’ orders will be produced for 23’. But they’d let me know when it opens up

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was just at Chapman in PA they just sold 3 2022 hellcat Widebody chargers and 2 were Redeyes. When I asked the guy when I can order one for 23’ they still said the order banks Arn’t open. They also said it’s likely you may not be able to order one at all and maybe only 22’ orders will be produced for 23’. But they’d let me know when it opens up
Really makes you wonder whats goin on with the factory brass

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Leave corn outta the equation.....commodities are volatile enough as it is

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
All I know is I’m glad I have mine already. I laughed when I walked in the showroom. Jailbreak challenger with the white and black leather MSRP smoke show with a black hood 105K!. Lol I walked out the door with mine for during power dollars for 69k tax, tags and everything. Don’t forget either that 105k challenger has perillis on it. Meaning you need to drop another 1500 - 2k just to get some decent meats on the thing. Plus PPF.. haha your looking at like 120k for a freaking challenger after tax and those couple after market items. I gotta say that is quite absurd. I got both my cars for nearly that. Someone said your basically paying double than a couple years ago that’s pretty much accurate minus a few thousand.

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That bull pucky is what I was afraid of. Thanks for posting.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All I know is I’m glad I have mine already. I laughed when I walked in the showroom. Jailbreak challenger with the white and black leather MSRP smoke show with a black hood 105K!. Lol I walked out the door with mine for during power dollars for 69k tax, tags and everything. Don’t forget either that 105k challenger has perillis on it. Meaning you need to drop another 1500 - 2k just to get some decent meats on the thing. Plus PPF.. haha your looking at like 120k for a freaking challenger after tax and those couple after market items. I gotta say that is quite absurd. I got both my cars for nearly that. Someone said your basically paying double than a couple years ago that’s pretty much accurate minus a few thousand.
105 grand...for a car that in 2015 could have been had for a click over 60...what did I miss:unsure: