Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So, who do you know that owns these cars, but isn't an enthusiast?

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
The only TrackHawk I've seen in person is a black one here in St Pete with black wheels and yellow Brembos. Ran into him at the local Dodge dealer. I asked him about his ride, and it was pure pain. 😣

Not an enthusiast. Not a gearhead. Just a guy who liked the vehicle and bought it. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just sayin'.😂

Demographics...best guess in his 60's, white guy. The older investment banker type.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Pretty much everyone in my neck of the woods buy these cars for bragging rights. I'm one of the few that I'm aware of that modifies mine beyond just wheels, tires, and tint.

At car meets, I usually see a few hellcats. I've talked to all of these guys and only one guy wasn't leasing his. But, he only drives his car to meets/cars&coffee, etc. Of course, every once in a while you'll see a Demon and the owner bought that all cash, usually a guy in his 60s, and loves talking about paying for his car collection in all cash.

I feel like enthusiasts are in Scat Packs and SRT 392's. I see plenty of those and they're usually modded out and the owners love talking numbers and power and how it can compete with a hellcat blah blah blah.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Lol mods or gearhead def doesnt define enthusiast imo. Sure those are ways but certainly not the end all. Plenty of enthusiasts with zero mods. I'm one. Comes down to defining "enthusiast". My definition is someone who is enthused by these cars, knows all the history of their model, constantly learning the stats and is really into their vehicle. I've been on Hellcat forums now for 4 yrs and frequent them daily still. I love the model and am constantly looking for more info. I can tell you most of the differences and stats on the Hellcats in general. I am done wrenching and have zero mods. Cant see NOT owning one and leasing is completely renting imo. I want to own it, depreciation be damned. Dont like car shows/meets, not interested in the social aspect whatsoever. Am I an enthusiast? I still think so.

Last edited:

Rellcat

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pana
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Ran into a guy at the track. He was launching it in default. Had his girlfriend with him. Ran low 13’s. I went up to talk to him beforehand and had to walk away. Was like nails on a chalkboard

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My wife has become enamored of a Trackhawk, interestingly enough. She says she could "have fun" in it. Don't think we can afford one though.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Lol mods or gearhead def doesnt define enthusiast imo. Sure those are ways but certainly not the end all. Plenty of enthusiasts with zero mods. I'm one. Comes down to defining "enthusiast". My definition is someone who is enthused by these cars, knows all the history of their model, constantly learning the stats and is really into their vehicle. I've been on Hellcat forums now for 4 yrs and frequent them daily still. I love the model and am constantly looking for more info. I can tell you most of the differences and stats on the Hellcats in general. I am done wrenching and have zero mods. Cant see NOT owning one and leasing is completely renting imo. I want to own it, depreciation be damned. Dont like car shows/meets, not interested in the social aspect whatsoever. Am I an enthusiast? I still think so.
Yep.
I was going to "LOL" last comment, but you beat me to it.
Owned and driven Challengers since 1978.
On my second Hellcat.
Had a Scat, R/T's, and others.
Turn 60 in 6 months.
Pretty sure I am a drooling, fanatical, enthusiast.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
My wife has become enamored of a Trackhawk, interestingly enough. She says she could "have fun" in it. Don't think we can afford one though.
You can’t take it with you...you could let her have her own fun car.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Four words:

DSRT

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yea, but someone snuck a Caddy into your dealership and put Challenger emblems on it , then sold it to you. No one told you yet. :p

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Yea, but someone snuck a Caddy into your dealership and put Challenger emblems on it , then sold it to you. No one told you yet. :p
Dammit no wonder this thing is so slow...

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Four words:

DSRT
Seriously, someone at my wife's job just got a Tesla. She gave my wife and another girl at work a ride in it. My wife was crazy for it, she loved it. OMG.:poop:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I know em all and they all live in Washington. Ahh yea, the sweat smell of feces oozing out of the tail pipes when the top hat boys fire em up every month. We should all feel for em cause the traffic and our dee nare ros. Not Robert, he is a hell cater.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Seriously, someone at my wife's job just got a Tesla. She gave my wife and another girl at work a ride in it. My wife was crazy for it, she loved it. OMG.:poop:

Even after looking at the interior????

If the exterior doesn't make you want to hurl, the interior is something right out of a nightmare...

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Even after looking at the interior????

If the exterior doesn't make you want to hurl, the interior is something right out of a nightmare...

I don't know Teslas but she said specifically she loved the interior (?!!), and it was "so smooth". Don't know which model.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
If the interior was white, sure it was. It looks like the inside of a new, ha, casket. Perfectly white. Got in one last month. Makes you want to throw up a gallon of Yeager.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
They are devoid of any character, or features, as Hick said, something akin to being in a box with a screen tacked onto a dash with a stick or two of gum.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
They are devoid of any character, or features, as Hick said, something akin to being in a box with a screen tacked onto a dash with a stick or two of gum.
No soul. No passion. My .02

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
No soul. No passion. My .02
Hey she still loves my Challenger and she says the B5 is "the" color for that car. She says "you see them in black or some other colors and you don't even really notice them. They just look like any other car, but that color is just perfect on that car"...so she does have some taste. LOL. But I was just surprised how much she said she liked the Tesla. I didn't say we were buying it, She said she still perfectly happy with her RAV4.....for now.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
I’m definitely an enthusiast.... but had minimal mods (strut bars front and rear, ZL1 tow hooks, wheels/track tires).. all hidden or subtle.... I’m not sure the enthusiast can always be spotted by an outward/visible sign.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You can’t take it with you...you could let her have her own fun car.
She's got the T-bird convertible. I'd like to swap my 550/550 crank 6.0 out of my GTO into that car... lol