Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So I just drove the Nurburgring

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Well I raced spa yesterday. And I seriously raced my ass off.

my dad ticked off 495 kilometers on track! I drove 475 kilometers.

my dad basically got 2 laps on me lol.

but holy cow. Boys, it’s official. That has to be the greatest race track on the planet. I’m not going to be able to describe it really. It’s something that has to be experienced. Incredible. Elevation, straightaways, bus stop, sweeping high speed turns, down hill technical turns. Everything in one. Legendary. Perfectly manicured track, the design is amazing, it moves with the flow of the landscape and elevation perfectly. And to do it in a manual gt3 unrestricted.

I literally drove till I was out of gas, pitted, chugged a water, took a piss and when I got back in the car they already had it filled up again, I fired it up and went right back out. I had a private instructor at my disposal the entire day just for me. I used him multiple times and it was very helpful each time.

the team we are with who is running this program is exceptional. The company is called RSR Spa and RSP Nurburgring.

I got some nice photography from a company at the track. It will take a little bit to get that.

today we do lead follow on the ring to build memory and learn lines, then we are free in afternoon. And tomorrow we have private instructor and open day all day.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
I was gonna ask if they supply the cars you and your dad are driving...but my guess now is yes!

Any requirements beyond a valid US driver's license?
no. Wide open. this is the Coolest thing I’ve done racing other than actual competition going wheel to wheel with other cars.

we are about to get on the Nurburgring in about 15 min.

it was an all inclusive package. And it was expensive as fuck. But I’m getting my moneys worth.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
no. Wide open. this is the Coolest thing I’ve done racing other than actual competition going wheel to wheel with other cars.

we are about to get on the Nurburgring in about 15 min.

it was an all inclusive package. And it was expensive as fuck. But I’m getting my moneys worth.
I'd love to know $$$ details if you were willing to share. Love to do this someday with my son! Things like how long you guys are there, what it entailed and of course how much $$/person. If willing to share and PM is better that's totally cool.

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
I'd love to know $$$ details if you were willing to share. Love to do this someday with my son! Things like how long you guys are there, what it entailed and of course how much $$/person. If willing to share and PM is better that's totally cool.
I made two complete trips out of it.

the race package was done with hooked on driving. They partnered with RSR and offered this first time trip package to do this.

im gonna use round numbers to make it easy.

airfare not included, that’s on you.

8k per person for the hooked on driving portion, which was all the hotels, restaurants, breakfast lunch and dinner inc, tours, fuel for tours, all snacks and water. That includes also the portion of the track rentals. Also includes airport pickup and drop off. Swag bags, etc.

the RSR portion, which was the rental race car and and all the fuel on track and all the kilometers on track. Part of the included racing package we got 1100 kilometers of driving. Which is allot! So be aware of that. My gt3 was $21,000 and my dads gt3 RS was $23000

that is for 4 days, 2 on spa, 2 on Nurburgring. All day access, private instructors, one on one. Full track access.

for my dad and I your looking $60,000 plus airfare.

I added another 12 days of vacation while I was here. I brought my mom, wife and my oldest son (he’s 5)

we arrived 9 days early and Visited 6 countries and saw allot. I hired a private tour guide who rented a Mercedes vans and drove us everywhere on a custom itinerary.

he dropped my dad and I off for the racing portion when it started in nurburg, and then took my wife, mom and son to Vienna to relax while we are racing.

we spend a couple days in Frankfurt when the racing is over and fly home.

it was a massive trip.

in the future, my dad and I won’t have to spend near as much.

we will skip the Hooked on driving collaboration (they were still amazing) and just sign up with RSR and rent a race car and go.

probably 20k a piece doing that if you get the best cars. Granted you can get much less expensive cars all the way down to a golf R. Or a little Renault.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I made two complete trips out of it.

the race package was done with hooked on driving. They partnered with RSR and offered this first time trip package to do this.

im gonna use round numbers to make it easy.

airfare not included, that’s on you.

8k per person for the hooked on driving portion, which was all the hotels, restaurants, breakfast lunch and dinner inc, tours, fuel for tours, all snacks and water. That includes also the portion of the track rentals. Also includes airport pickup and drop off. Swag bags, etc.

the RSR portion, which was the rental race car and and all the fuel on track and all the kilometers on track. Part of the included racing package we got 1100 kilometers of driving. Which is allot! So be aware of that. My gt3 was $21,000 and my dads gt3 RS was $23000

that is for 4 days, 2 on spa, 2 on Nurburgring. All day access, private instructors, one on one. Full track access.

for my dad and I your looking $60,000 plus airfare.

I added another 12 days of vacation while I was here. I brought my mom, wife and my oldest son (he’s 5)

we arrived 9 days early and Visited 6 countries and saw allot. I hired a private tour guide who rented a Mercedes vans and drove us everywhere on a custom itinerary.

he dropped my dad and I off for the racing portion when it started in nurburg, and then took my wife, mom and son to Vienna to relax while we are racing.

we spend a couple days in Frankfurt when the racing is over and fly home.

it was a massive trip.

in the future, my dad and I won’t have to spend near as much.

we will skip the Hooked on driving collaboration (they were still amazing) and just sign up with RSR and rent a race car and go.

probably 20k a piece doing that if you get the best cars. Granted you can get much less expensive cars all the way down to a golf R. Or a little Renault.
All I gotta say is WOW. And congratulations for doing it and saying Fcuk it! You live only once and I bet very few ppl on earth can say they did anything remotely close to this. This is the post of the year! 👍🏻

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Thanks for sharing your story. The value of that experience in your life and your Father's is priceless. Well done!

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
All I gotta say is WOW. And congratulations for doing it and saying Fcuk it! You live only once and I bet very few ppl on earth can say they did anything remotely close to this. This is the post of the year! 👍🏻
when the opportunity came up, it was literally a fuck it type of moment. I told myself that I knew I could do it, life’s been good, and my family is awesome, my dad definitely deserves it, and I just said fuck it. I’m doing it. I have literally 10 plus million credit card points, so everyone went first class all the way. You only live once.

originally I just bought the trip for my dad, but once my mom and my wife knew about it, they were like WTF, we wanna go lmao. So everyone came. My little dude was to young it wouldn’t have been fun for my wife if we brought him, but by 5 year old is game.

once in a lifetime for sure, but I think I’m gonna be back every year. This is too much. Truly amazing. I can’t tell anyone in words how truly badass racing these tracks are. It’s beyond description. The best experience. And everything about the program running it is top notch.

when we came back to the garage with the cars they had beer, champagne, and shots for everyone.

tomorrow is the last racing day.

My dad and I did 420 kilometers on the Nurburgring in one day!

And we will do close to 550-600 tomorrow.

95F63016-8E88-47E3-86FD-0C9DD1D7BB18.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Lol, going to nordschliefe in a renault

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Lol, going to nordschliefe in a renault
somebody rented the Renault. 😂

but I’ll be the devils advocate here, if he’s not the greatest driver, and he knows it, and he just wants to have fun, and he doesn’t give a fuck…. Guess what, who else’s has driven the most amazing and famous tracks in the world? He did. Just saying

Although I agree with you, I side with the dude who just said fuck it I’m coming.

and to help the guy out, there’s only so many cars, so he might not of had the best options

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh, im not criticising him, not everyone is rich. Im just saying it would tickle me. Look at the folks that their motor home.on the circuit. I would kick myself for not saving a few.more euros, but if it was all i had, its all i have.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I’m not going to be able to describe it really. It’s something that has to be experienced. Incredible. Elevation, straightaways, bus stop, sweeping high speed turns, down hill technical turns. Everything in one.
Hmm. When I read that I thought "That perfectly describes the road I drove today to pick up the SXT".
But thankfully that road isn't a loop, or I wouldn't be back with the car on the trailer.

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
all done. Finished the Nurburgring today.

totally spent. Didn’t damage the car or screw anything up. Crushed it.

pulled off a sub 8 second lap. Did a 7:51 solo!

my dad and I each did 1300 kilometers on track only. That’s over 800 miles of racing. And we really only did that in 3 of the 4 days

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #35
I’ll have a ton of pics to upload once we get the photography sent to us. I also took some good pro footage of in car and have another camera setup for the whole thing

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What a great idea!! Sounds like a total blast.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
7:51 is excellent time.

All this reminds me of Sabine Schmitz's run in the Ford Transit van (160 HP, 0-60 in 21 seconds). One of my most favorite ever Ring / Nordschlieffe laps. I always laugh at her passing up that motorcycle in that work van. Girl can drive. "How many times have you run the ring?" "Oh, fourteen or fifteen thousand."

Glad you enjoyed it and paid to have it photographed / videotaped. That's something to hold on to for the rest of your life.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've always been attracted to Sabine; great personality, competitive, fun, and incredible skills. But then, I've always been attracted to women who like to go fast and know their stuff.

And, what was your top speed on the Nordschleiffe? Or did you happen to notice?

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
I've always been attracted to Sabine; great personality, competitive, fun, and incredible skills. But then, I've always been attracted to women who like to go fast and know their stuff.

And, what was your top speed on the Nordschleiffe? Or did you happen to notice?
I managed by checking at least once, 275 on the straight.

300-315 was possible in that car, but I didn’t have the balls for only 2 days on the ring. There was no trophy waiting at the end, other than finishing safely and pushing myself.

I did manage 307 on the autobahn with my dad behind me in the gt3 rs. That was badass.

so many amazing things. Hard to put into a forum thread.

I’ll be going again next year, if anyone wants to come let me know.

On day three and four of the ring, the track was private only, so just for us plus a club. Probably 150 cars total. Which isn’t allot for the ring especially because no one is ever on the track at the same Time and the staff separate the cars before going on. On the third day there must have been 30-40 million dollars worth of cars on the pits. Crazy.

one of the guys in our group crashed his bmw m4 on his last lap. He just couldn’t hang with our group, and bounced it off the wall. That accident cost him around $50,000. About $45,000 worth of damage to the BMW and about $5-6000 charge from the Nurburgring for repairs and maintenance costs. The Nurburgring charges you 1000 euro for each barrier you damage, and all costs related to your tow and retrieval as well as track clean up. And when they replace a barrier they always replace the one you hit and the barrier on each side of the damaged one. The BMW bounced off more than one barrier.

He was in our run group on day 3 when we were doing lead follow with our instructor. We were in the fastest run group and this guy was one of the dogs in the group who probably should have bowed out. He was last in line. I was behind the instructor. Our instructor was the owner and CEO of RSR Ron Simon who is a certifiable madman on the track. Boys let me tell you, a true madman behind the wheel. The shit he could do with a car would make you throw up. I know because I did a ride along in one of his cars. The ride along was without a doubt one of the scariest, most fun, terrified, shocked, breath taking, intense, and much more, things I’ve ever done. the only thing scarier than that was being behind him and having to chase him when he went on the radio and said we are turning the wick up for our fastest run. And we went sub 8s, I was fuckin scared. Pushing my porche to the limits, I went four wheels off the ground 4 times, chasing him. Ron in the lead car went 4 off a bunch as well and he went two wheel in the air for about 50 meters going up hill on a down sweep at about 100 mph. I was soaked in sweat when we finished, my hands were dripping. My legs were shaking. My eyes were burning from The concentration. My temples throbbed, and when we finished I was in a state of shock, fight or flight, exhilaration, Joy, happiness, all these emotions. I couldn’t shake the feeling for 3-4 hours after. I only did a few laps after but nothing at the pace we ran before. I hung the keys about an hour and a half early on the last day. Cracked a beer, smoked a Cuban, knocked back a shot, and relaxed. Better than fucking sex. And the best part is it lasted around 7-8 minutes which makes it longer also 🤣

A5273C22-4475-4FAB-8C70-47704F96EA27.jpeg C4DDE200-7C70-4D2A-8593-C39C4C90333C.jpeg D474BF00-75F9-4DA9-96D5-24B7F393F953.jpeg 7598EB4A-943A-443F-895C-E77433B69639.jpeg FD8114E9-9F01-48DC-A9E4-662093DC637E.jpeg 7EEBCB3D-8D44-40B8-A8DE-816ABB9F9CA6.jpeg 028FD391-FD4B-4F78-8FE3-0A846457B4AA.jpeg 4DDF95A9-268E-4480-B6E1-65A61E9520C5.jpeg CB557DA8-B156-40FE-BE5F-C488308113F3.jpeg 4289B00C-9CED-46BC-B921-6A46ED343B52.jpeg 012EDC17-D5B2-429B-AF9A-87F1F5374FCA.jpeg B5D1B0BC-404D-4379-BD0B-B5740496EC6C.jpeg 115E0B9F-862D-438D-B9F8-1BB02625A83A.jpeg E13AE860-D095-47D3-95BA-D164A2BBCDF9.jpeg AE3625D0-4B5D-415F-932E-5370219AF442.jpeg D66F61BF-938C-45A1-AA26-1851EC2667DF.jpeg B10D8062-FD81-467C-9374-1DF1B3E22CFF.jpeg 9CCADF73-4C2E-49A0-AB82-B557DC6F55BD.jpeg F2C545E9-622E-4892-9E97-0D71BED72C2B.jpeg 256F367B-BFD2-4621-804A-C6921BEB34B7.jpeg D246452A-614D-4ABA-A95D-36AC21548B99.jpeg 7435E182-4BFA-4C51-9D33-4843DD314852.jpeg

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I don't believe that it's better than sex, though...