Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ron Silva Breaks Stock Tune Demon 170 Record.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Hmmmm

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Smokey Yunick did an 11-foot two-inch diameter fuel line that held 5 gallons.
Smokey, The Master. Evernham is a sharp guy, too.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
With the car he cut down to size, he even made a 2nd one and parked it in the parking lot in case they needed another car for reference lol

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Yeah, he also inflated a basketball or football in his fuel cell so when they filled it it filled with only 5 gallons or whatever. Then he deflated/removed it and added more fuel lol
That was in the linked story

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
It's not cheating if you don't break the rules. That's what I've always said at Tech Inspection, anyway. Never raced on a professional level.

Member ID
Reactions
City
LaSalle
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
8SEC6SPD 1500RWHP
Bad ass picture sir! Did the new tires help your short time? Looking at your time slips tells me you definitely know what you are doing !!! 1.2x 60's ! that is nothing short of impressive!

Member ID
Reactions
City
LaSalle
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
8SEC6SPD 1500RWHP
C

Curious, how will they damage the car?
In my 20 plus years of racing, I have broken everything behind the clutch and even having the clutch explode (yes it made Car Craft magazine, lol), the BH custom kevlar blanket saved my feet but there was still shrapnel ripping the trans tunnel open like a can of sardines, and even flying shrapnel, only suffered a couple of broken toes, lol! Anytime you improve traction it just puts additional stress on all of the drivetrain components. You will find the weakest link pretty quickly! hahaha! be it the trans output shaft, input shaft, and axle or even the driveshaft. I am just curious if the driveshaft broke with the new tires or the little ones on?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I honestly hope you make it.
If I do I'll be leaning on the OG (you) to grace me with a bit of your supreme Demon racing wisdom!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
You should have your car by them

Are you still waiting ?

Crazy
Got it.

What members on here are still in limbo?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
If I do I'll be leaning on the OG (you) to grace me with a bit of your supreme Demon racing wisdom!

I 100% will help you.

I coached Tom Taylor and then he did EXACTLY what I told him to do. Burnout just like Jim Wilder and almost ran over me (my shoes were stuck to the track and I almost did not get out of his way!). I lined him up and then BAM 9.15. Then he later ran 9.14. I am pretty sure he was hugging me the next time he saw me he was so happy. I asked him who lined him up on that 9.14 and he said the track personel did it. I bet TJ Baily jumped in there, since he TRULY wants these cars to run records. He lined me up for my 8.89 last Saturday. Fun Fact: They had the scoreboards off because of issues with privacy. So I had to go run over there and tell him what I ran. He did not know.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I 100% will help you.

I coached Tom Taylor and then he did EXACTLY what I told him to do. Burnout just like Jim Wilder and almost ran over me (my shoes were stuck to the track and I almost did not get out of his way!). I lined him up and then BAM 9.15. Then he later ran 9.14. I am pretty sure he was hugging me the next time he saw me he was so happy. I asked him who lined him up on that 9.14 and he said the track personel did it. I bet TJ Baily jumped in there, since he TRULY wants these cars to run records. He lined me up for my 8.89 last Saturday. Fun Fact: They had the scoreboards off because of issues with privacy. So I had to go run over there and tell him what I ran. He did not know.
You are the GOAT Ron, thank you. Paying it forward is something I try to do in my life as well. I think if more of this happened regularly, our country would be far less broken. I will do my damnest to get out there. If not Jan '25 then 100% 2026 (once I absolutely know we will be out east and my life/work situation will support a lot more flexibility).

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I 100% will help you.

Ron,

Can you elaborate regarding the comment regarding damaging the car (the tires)?

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
And compete with Cole? No way.

Plus that opens up another can of worms and rules and standards that people will find reasons to critisize. I could give you a few examples.......

The cars are delivered with extra Motor Oil in the crankcase. Can I drain this out? What if I change the oil and only put 6 quarts back in the engine?

What if my front tires are shaved down to the wear bars? What if my Back Tires are bald? What if the car was delivered with the Floor Matt still in the plastic bag in the trunk. Can I leave it back there? What if I pump the front tires up to 50 PSI? 60 PSI? What if I glue the back Tires to the rims to prevent them from moving on the rims? Some say this helps the 60 foot but I think that is bullcrap.

Then one member insists we post a copy of our PCM Calibration. You do realize that just doing this will void your warranty. Who is going to compensate me for this?

Nobody is happy. I think I will just do it my way. Just took the car in for a new Driveshaft. It was replaced with no questions asked and I was put in touch with the lead Engineer on the Demon 170 Development (not Jim Wilder). She oversaw everything.
not a problem Ron, was paying you a compliment on your ability to get a stocker to go down the track.
I would just like to see what one would do stock that`s all. enjoy your cars as you wish! (y)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
In my 20 plus years of racing, I have broken everything behind the clutch and even having the clutch explode (yes it made Car Craft magazine, lol), the BH custom kevlar blanket saved my feet but there was still shrapnel ripping the trans tunnel open like a can of sardines, and even flying shrapnel, only suffered a couple of broken toes, lol! Anytime you improve traction it just puts additional stress on all of the drivetrain components. You will find the weakest link pretty quickly! hahaha! be it the trans output shaft, input shaft, and axle or even the driveshaft. I am just curious if the driveshaft broke with the new tires or the little ones on?
Welcome to the Forum,when you get a chance please post up in our new member section and pictures are always welcomed!
https://www.hellcatforum.org/forums/new-member-introduction.2/

-Linda :)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Pics or it didn’t happen. Let’s go already with eye candy images.
Here u go…

detailed and ready to go…

Also just got the pcp/black car cover yesterday. It’s dope! IMG_1556.jpeg IMG_1557.jpeg IMG_1558.jpeg IMG_1552.jpeg IMG_1550.jpeg IMG_1551.jpeg IMG_1549.jpeg