Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RE Long Block differences

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
I didn't wanna say who in case you were building super secret ninja stuff.
πŸ˜„πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜† you know the vibes, LOL

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have been eyeing this option but also doing rods and pistons on what I have since it would be stronger.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You could call East Coast Moparts and ask them what's different, Andy and team would know.

Later year Hellcats got some improvements (2018 and up I'm told) which make the motors stronger, and Demon/Redeye stronger still, but they're not bullet proof. A professionally built motor is always the best bet if you wanna lean on it IMO.

The numbers I've heard are 850rwhp for a Hellcat (and a Redeye too) but I think the Redeye can take about 100rwhp more. Beyond that you're rolling the dice I think.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cameron Park
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
1970 Plymouth Cuda
Has anyone been able to successfully order one of these long blocks lately? I’m not a Redeye/Demon owner (so no VIN), but was hoping to pair the long block with a Redeye/Demon supercharger that I bought for my 70 Cuda swap.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
If I were to guess, I would think the difference would be the regular vs. Redeye bottom end...better cooling oiling in piston lands and stronger construction of bottom end...my..02

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You could call East Coast Moparts and ask them what's different, Andy and team would know.

Later year Hellcats got some improvements (2018 and up I'm told) which make the motors stronger, and Demon/Redeye stronger still, but they're not bullet proof. A professionally built motor is always the best bet if you wanna lean on it IMO.

The numbers I've heard are 850rwhp for a Hellcat (and a Redeye too) but I think the Redeye can take about 100rwhp more. Beyond that you're rolling the dice I think.
I have a 2017. What engine changes did I miss out on?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm told the rod bolts were upgraded to ARP and some other small changes like oiling improvements.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mendocino
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ram 1500
@BULL PN P68436298AA - not sure if the P matters but it's at the beginning of the PN decal on my driver valve cover.

Also, just checked pics mine didn't have manifolds but everything else.

View attachment 84295
Did it include an oil pump? Or Oil pan?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have been eyeing this option but also doing rods and pistons on what I have since it would be stronger.
Have you done this yet?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Mendocino
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ram 1500
Did you guys get your Hellcats running? Any problems? Did you need to install an Oil Pump?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon

I’m no professional but my home built engine sure performed well in Texas.πŸ˜€

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you enjoy building engines and wanna take the time nothing wrong with that. With what proven made to order short block costs wouldn't really be worth it for me I don't think. Maybe on a different project one day.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
HMMMM I will test this and report back. :):):)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
HMMMM I will test this and report back. :):):)
I hope you do and keep good notes. Will help folks a lot I think.

I know Demonology pushed his original Demon engine pretty hard. It eventually lifted a head and when disassembled reportedly had 6 bent rods.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I hope you do and keep good notes. Will help folks a lot I think.

I know Demonology pushed his original Demon engine pretty hard. It eventually lifted a head and when disassembled reportedly had 6 bent rods.
Do you know how hard he pushed it? I'm really wanting 8.6 no spray stock blower. The guy claming fastest bolt on is spraying and is in the low 8.5s for a pb in houston. Has a @hellno trans. I may need the trans as mine has a lot of passes and still stock. My changes will most likely get me a solid 26psi. Hopefully long tubes drop that a little. I see close to 23psi in good air before with 2.85 10 lower and stock tb not ported. Adding ice tank which will allow me to go to a 2.75. Bearing plate and the sdg sount with a 108tb. Good chance it will equal more than the 26psi. Id like to stick around 25psi with the long tubes or no doubt I have issues. Even at 25psi its a time bomb. Just need to get through April before I make bigger investments. I could bolt the heads down pretty cheap if I didnt go arp 625s. But even then......
That and I'd like to put some lengths on @fumanchu182 before doing anything extreme. :ROFLMAO:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
He pushed it pretty hard. I wanna say 2.75 upper, 10% lower, ice tank, blah blah, and nitrous but never heard how big of a shot. He was cagey with time slips but it was in the 8s for sure.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Do you know how hard he pushed it? I'm really wanting 8.6 no spray stock blower. The guy claming fastest bolt on is spraying and is in the low 8.5s for a pb in houston. Has a @hellno trans. I may need the trans as mine has a lot of passes and still stock. My changes will most likely get me a solid 26psi. Hopefully long tubes drop that a little. I see close to 23psi in good air before with 2.85 10 lower and stock tb not ported. Adding ice tank which will allow me to go to a 2.75. Bearing plate and the sdg sount with a 108tb. Good chance it will equal more than the 26psi. Id like to stick around 25psi with the long tubes or no doubt I have issues. Even at 25psi its a time bomb. Just need to get through April before I make bigger investments. I could bolt the heads down pretty cheap if I didnt go arp 625s. But even then......
That and I'd like to put some lengths on @fumanchu182 before doing anything extreme. :ROFLMAO:
Get a diaper