Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Racer X is a good guy.

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I think Demonology is an ok dude, but man, he annoys the crap out of me. He totally ruined his '18 Demon (his free will to do so, but that doesn't mean I can't say that was dumbass move)...what's he gonna do with the 170??? Sounds like VanVoorhis is getting one too?
Demonology is putting his 2018 back to stock.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I wouldn't give him $2 for it after seeing what has been done to it

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
I swear he just likes the sound of himself talking. Just on and on.. and on. Terrible interviewer since all he wants out of the conversation is to hear himself talk.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
I swear he just likes the sound of himself talking. Just on and on.. and on. Terrible interviewer since all he wants out of the conversation is to hear himself talk.
Does he ever really interview anyone except the dog at the park?

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Let's say I know for a fact (has been admitted to one of my guys by one of them) exactly how these "influencers" that were crying about not being able to get Demon 170s due to markups and allocations suddenly got them with no story that adds up from them on how. It's exactly what everyone speculated.

Maybe I am biased as I own a website and do YouTube as well. (Something I wasn't really putting out there when I joined as I'm not here for self-promotion) But everyone figured it out with my 2023 Jailbreak debacle.

To put it in perspective, we get more views on our website a month than DodgeGarage and every other Mopar enthusiast site combined by a large margin. On the social media aspect of it, we have never tried the "influencer route" always trying to be unbiased and provide facts instead of talking about things we don't know for the sake of talking. Anyone that's seen my stuff knows I'm not scared to call Dodge out on their shit. Hence they give us no advanced info, don't invite us to unveilings, etc. They're all about the "influencer" types.

EDIT TO ADD CONTEXT: With all that said, when the article and video of my Jailbreak went live, Dodge was really quick to reach out and ask to help, it's been almost four weeks, and the dealer still hasn't heard from them. The co-editor of the website bought a 300C that is missing options. He reached out and hasn't heard back from Dodge. Before I wrote about the Demon 170 production delay, I wrote to Dodge for comment on it and haven't heard back. And yes as part of the "Media" we do have media contacts within the company for all brands.

Ram has been totally fine with us though and invites us to first drives, sends embargoed information etc. They treat every brand separately for some weird reason.
what`s your website??

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I think Demonology is an ok dude, but man, he annoys the crap out of me. He totally ruined his '18 Demon (his free will to do so, but that doesn't mean I can't say that was dumbass move)...what's he gonna do with the 170??? Sounds like VanVoorhis is getting one too?
I know Herman. We talk on the phone frequently and he is a good guy. The smack talk world has worked for him. With him it’s always done in fun and doesn’t get insulting or demeaning. How much of that you can take I guess is subjective. But I know what you mean. Lol. He’s a Dodge influencer now and is considered a celebrity at this point. If anybody watched the live stream of Roadkill last week, he is now one of the stars. So…. modding and racing his Demon has worked out pretty well for him. He’s got lots of sponsors now due to his name recognition and he was the only one of the grudge race bunch that along with Baileys, put together a competitive car from the ground up for that event. Speaking of that event…. A couple of things pissed me off so I’ll vent 😤. That Barracuda ran last year out of SRT Autoworks with Zdung tuning. Afterwards Z bought the car and set it up with the T400 and did a bunch of suspension tuning and other stuff. This year the same guy shows up saying he bought it back from “someone” who bought it after last years event and he had to make a lot of changes. I did not hear one mention of Z who was actually responsible for what was done to that car. Guy is bullshit to me. At least Herman promotes who’s responsible for the work done on his.

Last edited:
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
I know Herman. We talk on the phone frequently and he is a good guy. The smack talk world has worked for him. With him it’s always done in fun and doesn’t get insulting or demeaning. He’s a Dodge influencer now and is considered a celebrity at this point. If anybody watched the live stream of Roadkill last week, he is now one of the stars. So…. modding and racing his Demon has worked out pretty well for him. He’s got lots of sponsors now due to his name recognition and he was the only one of the grudge race bunch that along with Baileys, put together a competitive car from the ground up for that event. Speaking of that event…. A couple of things pissed me off so I’ll vent 😤. That Barracuda ran last year out of SRT Autoworks with Zdung tuning. Afterwards Z bought the car and set it up with the T400 and did a bunch of suspension tuning and other stuff. This year the same guy shows up saying he bought it back from “someone” who bought it after last years event and he had to make a lot of changes. I did not hear one mention of Z who was actually responsible for what was done to that car. Guy is bullshit to me. At least Herman promotes who’s responsible for the work done on his.
Such is the way of those who think that they are stars. Promote themselves and forget about everyone else.

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
So you took the knee to get a 170. You're credibility is in the toilet.

The guy that deserves a DC 170 is Speedy, he would probably drive it, race it and promote the brand. He never bent the knee for the Donut job. @DodgeCares if corporate had any common sense they would at least get him a NB 23 Challenger RE Challenger in Gomango with Blk carbon stripes “FREE OF CHARGE”. He did more for promoting the brand than just about anyone and venture to say he helped their sales more than they would ever admit. I NEVER ONCE heard a negative comment about his YouTube posts, always professional, informative, and interesting. Where is your chief donut makers interaction with the brands audience now?

🦗🦗🦗🦗 !

PS. @DodgeSalesMarketing, and Bean counting department. Once the DC170 is sold your attention will be the D.C. parts catalog, with that being the only continued sales revenue on the existing platform. WHO would be best suited for the part’s flying of the DC shelf, stimulating and causing excitement for the parts market sector of Dodge. Think carefully and choose wisely opportunity could knock at your door again!

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
The guy that deserves a DC 170 is Speedy, he would probably drive it, race it and promote the brand. He never bent the knee for the Donut job. @DodgeCares if corporate had any common sense they would at least get him a NB 23 Challenger RE Challenger in Gomango with Blk carbon stripes “FREE OF CHARGE”. He did more for promoting the brand than just about anyone and venture to say he helped their sales more than they would ever admit. I NEVER ONCE heard a negative comment about his YouTube posts, always professional, informative, and interesting. Where is your chief donut makers interaction with the brands audience now?

🦗🦗🦗🦗 !

PS. @DodgeSalesMarketing, and Bean counting department. Once the DC170 is sold your attention will be the D.C. parts catalog, with that being the only continued sales revenue on the existing platform. WHO would be best suited for the part’s flying of the DC shelf, stimulating and causing excitement for the parts market sector of Dodge. Think carefully and choose wisely opportunity could knock at your door again!
They're now a completely woke, totally disorganized corporation who is cutting corners on their cars to increase profits.

This is a short term solution which always ends up in failure. Past history has proven this to be true.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I know Herman. We talk on the phone frequently and he is a good guy. The smack talk world has worked for him. With him it’s always done in fun and doesn’t get insulting or demeaning. How much of that you can take I guess is subjective. But I know what you mean. Lol. He’s a Dodge influencer now and is considered a celebrity at this point. If anybody watched the live stream of Roadkill last week, he is now one of the stars. So…. modding and racing his Demon has worked out pretty well for him. He’s got lots of sponsors now due to his name recognition and he was the only one of the grudge race bunch that along with Baileys, put together a competitive car from the ground up for that event. Speaking of that event…. A couple of things pissed me off so I’ll vent 😤. That Barracuda ran last year out of SRT Autoworks with Zdung tuning. Afterwards Z bought the car and set it up with the T400 and did a bunch of suspension tuning and other stuff. This year the same guy shows up saying he bought it back from “someone” who bought it after last years event and he had to make a lot of changes. I did not hear one mention of Z who was actually responsible for what was done to that car. Guy is bullshit to me. At least Herman promotes who’s responsible for the work done on his.
I'm only commenting on this from the perspective of shit that I have had done to my car. When it comes to my social media I no longer will pump companies for free. If I pay you for a transaction and you are not sponsoring me, I no longer will pump you or your product. I'm over it.

Z bought car, Z fixes car, other guy buys car back. done... guy has no obligation to pump Z's work at all. However @zhc is probably the best in the game at this point considerting what he has done with his Charger (sorry @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC please continue to tune my car, love you long time, k, thx, bai!)

They're now a completely woke, totally disorganized corporation who is cutting corners on their cars to increase profits.

This is a short term solution which always ends up in failure. Past history has proven this to be true.
Reminds me of their late 70's, 80's and 90's identity snafu. It's circular. However at this point Ford is it. Yes I said it. FORD IS IT. They have the absolute best aftermarket performance and adding parts doesn't void your warranty, racing doesn't void your warranty. While my piece of shit is in eternal slumber cause Mopar vendors like to eat their own kid can go buy a 5.0, slap a whipple on it, make 15psi hella safe and take out 95% of modded hellcats. Did you know, for the 4k you would have to spend on a quality suspension on a Mopar you can get a better suspension on a Mustang for 1500.00 make it make fucking sense.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Reminds me of their late 70's, 80's and 90's identity snafu. It's circular. However at this point Ford is it. Yes I said it. FORD IS IT. They have the absolute best aftermarket performance and adding parts doesn't void your warranty, racing doesn't void your warranty. While my piece of shit is in eternal slumber cause Mopar vendors like to eat their own kid can go buy a 5.0, slap a whipple on it, make 15psi hella safe and take out 95% of modded hellcats. Did you know, for the 4k you would have to spend on a quality suspension on a Mopar you can get a better suspension on a Mustang for 1500.00 make it make fucking sense.
When I got into Mopar back in 2009 it was a brand that felt very blue collar. Most if not all owners I interacted with were very laid back, put what extra money they could in their cars, and $50k was considered a lot for a Challenger.

A long comes Hellcat and now everyone wants in. BMW owners, Vette, Viper, etc and with that came more money and now we have a healthy Mopar tax as a result. I mean people are paying $100k plus for these cars for crying out loud. FOMO abounds. I'm betting this time next year the market is flooded with these cars when the hype is over and people are tired of their $1500 notes at 7٪ interest. I've been watching a few and prices are dropping pretty dramatically already. Several 2022s that have obviously been sitting on lots.

Most Mustang folks won't/can't pay all that and that platform has had a longer aftermarket following making parts cheaper due to economy of scale.

My .02 cents.

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I'm only commenting on this from the perspective of shit that I have had done to my car. When it comes to my social media I no longer will pump companies for free. If I pay you for a transaction and you are not sponsoring me, I no longer will pump you or your product. I'm over it.

Z bought car, Z fixes car, other guy buys car back. done... guy has no obligation to pump Z's work at all. However @zhc is probably the best in the game at this point considerting what he has done with his Charger (sorry @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC please continue to tune my car, love you long time, k, thx, bai!)

You’re not wrong. I have a friend with a 7 second coyote and a friend with an 8 second coyote that have recently asked me how long I’m going to fuck around with my car letting me down before I give up.

Other than the fact that I’ll absolutely lose my ass on my car if I sell it I’m starting to consider it. A turbo coyote with a TH400 is a fairly potent combo.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
[QUOTE="fumanchu182 Z bought car, Z fixes car, other guy buys car back. done... guy has no obligation to pump Z's work at all.[/QUOTE]. True, but….. this guy is promoting his shop as who is responsible for the performance of that car. Watching it live… he says that he had sold the car after the event last year and then bought it back needing work to make it what they had now. It sounded to me like he was saying it needed to be fixed. Now I don’t know all the inside info on this but when he said that live on the interview I just went wtf did he just say! Dodge presents that grudge thing by choosing certain social media influencers to build a car with a Redeye engine and $15k in build money to put it together ($35k total). That way they can promote the build on their U-tube channel or whatever and then compete against the others at the event. That’s what Herman and Bailey’s did. This guy didn’t do shit. Same car as last year with a trans change that Z did (I saw a video on suspension setup using that car with Z doing the work). There are so many shops that take credit for other peoples work and sometimes one just can’t help call BS when they see it. That’s all

Last edited:

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
True, but….. this guy is promoting his shop as who is responsible for the performance of that car. Watching it live… he says that he had sold the car after the event last year and then bought it back needing needing work to make it what they had now. It sounded to me like he was saying it needed to be fixed. Now I don’t know all the inside info on this but when he said that live on the interview I just went wtf did he just say! Dodge presents that grudge thing by choosing certain social media influencers to build a car with a Redeye engine and $15k in build money to put it together ($35k total). That way they can promote the build on their U-tube channel or whatever and then compete against the others at the event. That’s what Herman and Bailey’s did. This guy didn’t do shit. Same car as last year with a trans change that Z did (I saw a video on suspension setup using that car with Z doing the work). There are so many shops that take credit for other peoples work and sometimes one just can’t help call BS when they see it. That’s all
That type of shit irks me. Give credit where credit is due.

I also don't get how they're choosing some of these influencers, a few they had last year were particularly bad.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've talked to Herman (Demonology) several times. He is a pretty cool guys just gets a little over enthusiastic in front of a camera :LOL:

I didn't watch much of the RKN stuff, just gets to redundant for me, but I was surprised Westin wasn't there, he won the grudge event last year.

Thanks goodness the I6 TT engines didn't work out. Wonder what they'll do next year. Race Banshees?

@Demoniccat thanks for the kind words. One of the big draws to me with these cars has been the community. When I had my 2009 it was a MUCH tighter group back then and I really miss that. It's one of the reasons I kept doing ChallengerFest as about 75% of the people that historically showed up were from that original group. We had our own private forum, similar to this one, and I bet 95% of the members would show up every year. It was pretty cool to see folks' build threads, then get to check the cars out in person at CF.

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I've talked to Herman (Demonology) several times. He is a pretty cool guys just gets a little over enthusiastic in front of a camera :LOL:
He seems like a good dude, and at the end of the day, personality gets the views and sells, whether we like it or not. I think he's played his hand pretty well.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
True, but….. this guy is promoting his shop as who is responsible for the performance of that car. Watching it live… he says that he had sold the car after the event last year and then bought it back needing needing work to make it what they had now. It sounded to me like he was saying it needed to be fixed. Now I don’t know all the inside info on this but when he said that live on the interview I just went wtf did he just say! Dodge presents that grudge thing by choosing certain social media influencers to build a car with a Redeye engine and $15k in build money to put it together ($35k total). That way they can promote the build on their U-tube channel or whatever and then compete against the others at the event. That’s what Herman and Bailey’s did. This guy didn’t do shit. Same car as last year with a trans change that Z did (I saw a video on suspension setup using that car with Z doing the work). There are so many shops that take credit for other peoples work and sometimes one just can’t help call BS when they see it. That’s all
When I bought the Cuda from Tony/Corrupt last year, he had already swapped in a th400 himself. I did a bunch more work on my end mechanical, updates, fixes, and tuning which I won’t go into more detail about. It’s not my car anymore.

It was great while I had it but honestly, splitting what little time I have between two cars that need a lot of attention was probably doing me more harm than good. So when Tony made the call wanting to buy it back, I gave him a price and he accepted. Done deal.

I will say this, that car looks a lot faster now at RoadKill than last year. I’m glad his rookie driver, Kayla, seems like an exceptional person behind the wheel. That car isn’t exactly easy to operate. With no seat time and no experience, most folks would have been dealing with sensory overload with how much and how quickly things go early and down track in a car like that. That street wasn’t novice friendly either. Big props to that young lady Kayla. She literally went from zero to hero in a matter of days.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Always a gentleman Z.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
What did I miss? Last I heard RacerX had a petition going for ADMs etc, had sold his Hellcat because it didn't get enough views on YT, and went with a Mustang thinking he'd get more subscribers. So he was able to get Dodge to hook him up with a D170? That seems odd. I didn't think they even invited him to their recent events.

Seems like Dodge put all their chips in the Demonology bucket from what I've seen. He's got a D170 coming he says.
Every since I saw Demonology wearing a BLM shirt on one of his videos I stopped following him.