Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That's a nice fan, for me, poor boy racing, I would like a battery operated fan where I wouldn't need a generator, not sure if there's one like that though, will have to check.
It’s from Jegs. About $140. Very quiet and moves a ton of air. Really works to take the heat out between runs. One of the small inverter gens is nice to have at the track and is more than enough for this kind of stuff.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,082
It’s from Jegs. About $140. Very quiet and moves a ton of air. Really works to take the heat out between runs. One of the small inverter gens is nice to have at the track and is more than enough for this kind of stuff.
Thanks for the info , I am definitely getting a fan .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Very happy with that one. Moves a lot more air than one of those snail looking things. Really takes the heat out. Check Jegs. It’s their brand. The little 2000 inverter Generators at Harbor Freight are basically Honda imposters but are quiet and cheap and work good for stuff like this.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Yeah, for hot weather racing.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This one is cheaper than HF, at the same size.
Quipall 2200i Inverter Generator (CARB)
QUIPALL Model: QPLN2200I
ratings (4) Write A Review
Price reduced from$429.99toSave 26%$319.99

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I like this
1595129863587.png

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,087
I have a generator for work so that's not a problem.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,088
Had a great weekend with
@oilburner @moparjim @Markp @Frenchcat @DemonSRT at the track .

Way to go oilburner he went from struggling last year to running fantastic right off the trailer .

A BIG new PB for him
9.54@145 with a 1.41 sixty foot !

I got a new PB 60 foot time 1.381

I'm going to do more of a write once I get home and have some free time .

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Had a great weekend with
@oilburner @moparjim @Markp @Frenchcat @DemonSRT at the track .

Way to go oilburner he went from struggling last year to running fantastic right off the trailer .

A BIG new PB for him
9.54@145 with a 1.41 sixty foot !

I got a new PB 60 foot time 1.381

I'm going to do more of a write once I get home and have some free time .

you forgot the best part ,crazy car pulled the wheels o_O ( confirmed by DemonSRT) will post slip later. trying to get a shorten bike ride in before the sky`s open up. cars still on the trailer with slips in the glovebox.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,090
you forgot the best part ,crazy car pulled the wheels o_O ( confirmed by DemonSRT) will post slip later. trying to get a shorten bike ride in before the sky`s open up. cars still on the trailer with slips in the glovebox.
I couldn't wait any long for you to post lol . The napierville crew is proud of your achievements . I will let you post the slip and details.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Nice

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I was very surprised how well car worked. Friday afternoon straight off trailer first pass this year it ran 9.76
back to back passes. I made a big mistake on a pass the car fell on its face just after 60 ft. next morning after looking at log I realized the cars fuel pressure dropped because stupid me let it get down to quarter tank. ( I won`t do that again) it still ran 9.99 next day Saturday got up early added 5 gallons of race fuel an made a pass at 10 before the extreme heat , real good prep I asked DemonSRT watch the car an he said it pulled the wheels . I could tell it came out hard. all I could think at the time as the car leaped off the line was great nothing broke:rolleyes: car goes straight feels more stable , last year before suspension work car felt loose. DA was around 2500 to 3000 I believe someone said .....the lower slip on right is the fuel was low blooper:cry: IMG_20200719_131452800[2531].jpg IMG_20200719_131612046[2530].jpg IMG_20200719_131612046[2530].jpg IMG_20200719_131452800[2531].jpg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Haha. Once you start pulling some G’s off the line everybody does that at least once. You could even do it a second time! You know how things are at the races and you get to signing autographs. You can get distracted. What you need to do is put a note on your helmet that says..... check your fuel dumbass!

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,094
Haha. Once you start pulling some G’s off the line everybody does that at least once. You could even do it a second time! You know how things are at the races and you get to signing autographs. You can get distracted. What you need to do is put a note on your helmet that says..... check your fuel dumbass!
Lol . Yep . I did it once too!

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,095
Ok folks I have a few mins . Here is a synopsis of my weekend.
I learned a lot this weekend . 1st thing I learned was tire pressure makes a big difference. I have been using the same "race" tire pressure guage since I started this journey. Its a "Joe's garage " race tire pressure guage . It only goes to 30 psi in 1/2psi increments. I have been setting my rear tires to 19.5 psi cold and I know it grows to 22 psi after the burnout . I did test that .( with this guage ) I knew something was wrong when I was still having problems with traction with my car . I always had to "walk" it off the line while other people did not. Mind you the rear suspension upgrades definitely made a difference but I though it should have been better . Anyway while at the track oilburner was talking with me about the tire pressure and he said he runs the same psi and has all the same suspension mods and was hooking great . He asked if my what guage o had and if I wanted to try his just for shits and giggles . I said " nah a guage is a gauge besides it was a race guage " well being a good friend that he is he tested my tires with his guage and they read 24psi on his guage and 20 psi on mine .... I said no way what's up with that . I was still skeptical . I also don't like jumping from product to product because its had to keep things straight . Any after spinning again after oilburners 9.54 run with a 1.41 sixty foot I said what the hell let's try it ........... BAM instant 1.38 sixty . In fact I fan ALL 1.38-1.39 sixty foots the rest of the day ! Guess who ordered a new guage .

2nd of the weekend .
I was comparing kestrels with moparjim. They were 85 feet of DA in the difference at most and .01 off the on pretty much everything else . I'd say they work pretty good considering to tested mine against 2 high dollar weather stations . Anyway we were keeping track of the weather pattern and out Performance. Yes the heat and humidity have a significant impact on our performance but the moisture in the air plays the biggest part . When the water grains got up over 100 our MPH/ET started taking big hits . If you guys don't believe me please try it with what every decent weather station you prefer if you don't trust a kestrel. Our cars with stock sensor calibrations ( yes I left as much as I could stock and only Did the bare minimum to not tip codes) seen big swings in times VS temps . I'm not sure how it will work for the guys that have desensitized sensor calibrations.

3rd of the weekend
Mopar Jim talked me into signing up for the "true street challenge " so I did . It was only $25 . We had a few time trials then we drew cards to see who we would pair up against . Wouldn't you know it moparjim and I drew each other lol!. "Team Jim" to the line . Lol I actually felt bad for Jim because it was "no time " , heads up on a pro tree, 1/8 mile. I really suck at pro tree! ( Jim is a lumberjack and can chop a tree down) anyway Jim tree'd me big time but I run him down .
Round 1 project demons breath.
Then we head back to to booth and we have to draw cards again for the next round ( 1st round Winners and 1st round losers). And we drew cards for prizes . There were 2 prizes . Well Jim won the first prize ( a Draggie a portable race timer) and I won the second price a case of oil of my choice ! Then when we drew cards for rounds I get the bye run. I was feeling lucky ...... But that's was about to run out . . In the 3rd draw I drew a 8 second big turbo Mustang . I was pretty nervous now . ( that beat me before we even run) . He gave me lane choice and we talked about staging. I now learned to let the turbo cars " bump" in first . Lol so I staged and as he pre staged he brought up the revs to spool the turbo and when he "bumped" in to the stage beam I seen it from the corner of my eye and took off lol . I knew exactly what I did as soon as I did it . Talk about red light !. Any way it was good for a laugh in the pits .
I had a great weekend despite the rediculious heat and humidity. Got to hang out with the boys at the track . Now I'm looking forward to racing again but in cooler weather .
On a side when I raced "no time" with Jim I missed out on a few slips so maybe ...... Just maybe I had a better time and do not know it .

Best MPH 141.9
Best ET 9.76
Best 60 foot 1.391
Temp average was 90F
Humility average 60%
DA average 2000 feet

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Ok folks I have a few mins . Here is a synopsis of my weekend.
I learned a lot this weekend . 1st thing I learned was tire pressure makes a big difference. I have been using the same "race" tire pressure guage since I started this journey. Its a "Joe's garage " race tire pressure guage . It only goes to 30 psi in 1/2psi increments. I have been setting my rear tires to 19.5 psi cold and I know it grows to 22 psi after the burnout . I did test that .( with this guage ) I knew something was wrong when I was still having problems with traction with my car . I always had to "walk" it off the line while other people did not. Mind you the rear suspension upgrades definitely made a difference but I though it should have been better . Anyway while at the track oilburner was talking with me about the tire pressure and he said he runs the same psi and has all the same suspension mods and was hooking great . He asked if my what guage o had and if I wanted to try his just for shits and giggles . I said " nah a guage is a gauge besides it was a race guage " well being a good friend that he is he tested my tires with his guage and they read 24psi on his guage and 20 psi on mine .... I said no way what's up with that . I was still skeptical . I also don't like jumping from product to product because its had to keep things straight . Any after spinning again after oilburners 9.54 run with a 1.41 sixty foot I said what the hell let's try it ........... BAM instant 1.38 sixty . In fact I fan ALL 1.38-1.39 sixty foots the rest of the day ! Guess who ordered a new guage .

2nd of the weekend .
I was comparing kestrels with moparjim. They were 85 feet of DA in the difference at most and .01 off the on pretty much everything else . I'd say they work pretty good considering to tested mine against 2 high dollar weather stations . Anyway we were keeping track of the weather pattern and out Performance. Yes the heat and humidity have a significant impact on our performance but the moisture in the air plays the biggest part . When the water grains got up over 100 our MPH/ET started taking big hits . If you guys don't believe me please try it with what every decent weather station you prefer if you don't trust a kestrel. Our cars with stock sensor calibrations ( yes I left as much as I could stock and only Did the bare minimum to not tip codes) seen big swings in times VS temps . I'm not sure how it will work for the guys that have desensitized sensor calibrations.

3rd of the weekend
Mopar Jim talked me into signing up for the "true street challenge " so I did . It was only $25 . We had a few time trials then we drew cards to see who we would pair up against . Wouldn't you know it moparjim and I drew each other lol!. "Team Jim" to the line . Lol I actually felt bad for Jim because it was "no time " , heads up on a pro tree, 1/8 mile. I really suck at pro tree! ( Jim is a lumberjack and can chop a tree down) anyway Jim tree'd me big time but I run him down .
Round 1 project demons breath.
Then we head back to to booth and we have to draw cards again for the next round ( 1st round Winners and 1st round losers). And we drew cards for prizes . There were 2 prizes . Well Jim won the first prize ( a Draggie a portable race timer) and I won the second price a case of oil of my choice ! Then when we drew cards for rounds I get the bye run. I was feeling lucky ...... But that's was about to run out . . In the 3rd draw I drew a 8 second big turbo Mustang . I was pretty nervous now . ( that beat me before we even run) . He gave me lane choice and we talked about staging. I now learned to let the turbo cars " bump" in first . Lol so I staged and as he pre staged he brought up the revs to spool the turbo and when he "bumped" in to the stage beam I seen it from the corner of my eye and took off lol . I knew exactly what I did as soon as I did it . Talk about red light !. Any way it was good for a laugh in the pits .
I had a great weekend despite the rediculious heat and humidity. Got to hang out with the boys at the track . Now I'm looking forward to racing again but in cooler weather .
On a side when I raced "no time" with Jim I missed out on a few slips so maybe ...... Just maybe I had a better time and do not know it .

Best MPH 141.9
Best ET 9.76
Best 60 foot 1.391
Temp average was 90F
Humility average 60%
DA average 2000 feet

That awesome 👏 you Canada guys are fast
(If only Canada tracks actually counted ) 😂🤣

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn! 😳 7B61758E-1750-4C8D-8BE7-A77E9AC3389C.jpeg

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That awesome 👏 you Canada guys are fast
(If only Canada tracks actually counted ) 😂🤣
We plan on having you boys come up here once the borders open. You will fall in love with Napierville dragway. The people who run the track are amazing and there are two motels and two restaurants plus a gas station 500 feet from the track.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State