Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Per4mance Development and How they are involved with the Demon 170

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Many of us all knew when Per4mance Development came out with what I call "The Best Peace of Mind" part installed on My Hellcat Charger.
I also believe it was @BULL was the winner for coming up with their company name.

I saw this on the P4D web site and thought it might interest some of you to know.

When the Demon 170 was released, a new line of Direct Connection parts accompanied it, one being the new, reinforced differential in the car and available for sale as an upgraded replacement part. One of the first things that is noticeable on this new differential is additional support material (one being where the Direct Connection logo is prominently displayed between the two main case bolts) in the exact location our standard billet differential brace would be mounted.

Upon closer inspection, we observed that our patented DIRS would not fit without modifications for this new differential. To make one work, additional machining would need to occur. We also thought this would be an opportune time to make a revised version of the DIRS that would be as light as possible while retaining all strength requirements.

We began the development process by sending a modified DIRS kit in raw aluminum to our good friend and customer Marc Heidings; one that did not require removing any of the differential bolts to place on the car. Marc then repeatedly looked at clearance requirements and then removed material until all the appropriate clearances were accomplished.

The next step was for product engineering to assess the DIRS Marc modified to update prints, design for the removal of other material to lower the weight, and then to “test” it in a virtual setting to make sure that strength requirements were all met. Next, a polymer 3D print was made and then sent to Marc for final fitment validation. With just one 1mm adjustment in a new recess needed for the Demon 170 differential, fitment was verified!

The outcome is the new DIRS-R. This updated version of the DIRS will work on all 2015-23 V8 Dodge Challengers and Chargers & Chrysler 300 vehicles using the OEM differential or the new Direct Connection differential. Additionally, the DIRS-R will be over 20% lighter than the current DIRS.

We are going into production this week for the first run of the DIRS-R and plan to have braces available by April 15th with preordering opening March 30th.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 08-00-24 DIRS-R Development Update.png

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nice it will fit the new and old diff

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I've been meaning to get this mod and I think this will finally be the version I get. I will be ready to pre-order on the 30th, please keep us updated!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State