Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Okay, spill your thoughts and comments... another offer on the car

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
After cleaning out two cars today, I now have a glut of fire extinguishers, radar detectors, first aid kits, etc.

Actually, I had forgot that the 1500 was darn near set up for Armageddon. Two compressors (to go with the normal Safety Seal kit), blankets, water purification stuff, shovel and ax, tow straps, and quite a bit of other stuff.

Good thing the Gen 5 1500 has a larger cab. I'll need the room now that the old 1500 with its shell and built in toolbox will be gone. Well, I still have the shell, but it's too long for the wanna-be bed of a TRX.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
After cleaning out two cars today, I now have a love and respect for 4 door vehicles.
😂🤣😅🤣😂.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
So I'll say this...

I sold mine in Nov because the deal was so good. I regret it right now, 6 months later.

If you're cool with selling it to get into another one, then go for it. If you're waiting for another awesome deal, I'll echo what others have said: you may have to wait for a while. If you're good with that, then go for it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, it is a lot easier to get stuff out through multiple doors, Hellcatcfp.
The downside is that more crap seems to get in.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I sold mine in Nov because the deal was so good. I regret it right now, 6 months later..
Had I sold six months ago, I would've regretted it, too. Now it was easy to get several thousand more.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Big time at @Jimmy N. place tonight....

raining cash.gif

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Umm, I don't even have a full commitment yet. Still sending photos.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Had I sold six months ago, I would've regretted it, too. Now it was easy to get several thousand more.
Well I made $10k on flipping a higher mileage 2016 Challenger. I dont regret it because of the money, I've got enough of that.

I regret it because I should've kept that 1 owner car that had everything I wanted. Now I'll have to pay much more to get back into one, or keep waiting it out.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well I made $10k on flipping a higher mileage 2016 Challenger. I dont regret it because of the money, I've got enough of that.

I regret it because I should've kept that 1 owner car that had everything I wanted. Now I'll have to pay much more to get back into one, or keep waiting it out.
I don't know about that......there's bound to be a "riot sale" going on soon. Oh sure.....there might be some grass clumps caught in the front air damn....but those come out easy enough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh.....and it might not have a title....but that's a minor detail cuz the price will be right :LOL:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I run my Hellcat through my business, so any and all expenses for it are tax deductible up to my business percentage use. I also took advantage of accelerated depreciation schedules in 2018. My tax basis for my Hellcat after 3 years is probably $26k-$30k. Trading in would require me to recapture the difference as income to my business. I'm planning on keeping it and will look to buy another vehicle before selling the Hellcat.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I run my Hellcat through my business, so any and all expenses for it are tax deductible up to my business percentage use. I also took advantage of accelerated depreciation schedules in 2018. My tax basis for my Hellcat after 3 years is probably $26k-$30k. Trading in would require me to recapture the difference as income to my business. I'm planning on keeping it and will look to buy another vehicle before selling the Hellcat.
I think one of the unique things about the Hellcat is that is pretty good at everything. They're a blast to drive, they look great, they're surprisingly not terrible on gas mileage, even the 2 doors have plenty of room, they're easy to work on, they're comfortable enough to drive across the country, they are easily modified, insurance isn't crazy, etc..

Just difficult to find another car that I'd enjoy so much. My new BMW is very good to drive, it's just super boring.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's possible I've already said this but I'm too lazy to look back and see:

If that money can be used better somewhere else, then sell it and don't look back. House upgrades, college funds, etc., whatever might be going on that's more important than a car.

If you dont really need the extra cash and you are contemplating selling it just because prices are crazy, I'd recommend against it. Unless you're going to sell it and buy another one that does something for you that this one doesn't.

I invested the cash from my sale. While it has done well, I made a decision based off numbers on a spreadsheet. At the end of the day, the money isn't life changing and I'd rather have the cat back.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I think one of the unique things about the Hellcat is that is pretty good at everything. They're a blast to drive, they look great, they're surprisingly not terrible on gas mileage, even the 2 doors have plenty of room, they're easy to work on, they're comfortable enough to drive across the country, they are easily modified, insurance isn't crazy, etc..

Just difficult to find another car that I'd enjoy so much. My new BMW is very good to drive, it's just super boring.
M5 🙈🙊

Launches harder than a demon
More luxurious than any hellcat
More tech

Needs tune tbh, otherwise bit slower from roll.

Downside - exhaust is just not the same, even with downpipes and straight pipe it will never sound as a good as a hellcat.

Cost a fuck ton of $$

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Cost a fuck ton of $$
Yeah you're right. And the depreciation on them is crazy, so if you're a buyer there will be some awesome deals on CPO F90s soon (Maybe there already is).

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I think one of the unique things about the Hellcat is that is pretty good at everything. They're a blast to drive, they look great.
Did you forget that they make taxi versions, too?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
ummm you mean your house or your second home down the street with all the poles:unsure:
At this point it seems to be less about Pollaks and more about Checks.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
stormy has the checks, think he like pollaks too. That way they can't walk off during a routine:)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
ummm you mean your house or your second home down the street with all the poles:unsure:
I wish......I haven't been to "church" in forever. I probably need to go soon and worship Gods creations.

sei_19929957.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
dolla dolla dolla bills y'all