Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Not that anyone care's about camaro's but no surprise

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
If I sold the charger and challenger I could wing it. One major reason I wouldn’t... Tesla reliability is shit. The first thing I read is how two customers plaids were in the service dept. I hate dealing with car issues and from what I hear that’s definitely a deal breaker. That performance though definitely makes me think about it though. The interior is nothing special either and doesn’t even have real leather seats for 130+K really let’s just call it 150k.
"Tesla reliability is shit"- so it's vastly improved then. :LOL:

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Tesla Plaid. Its rediculously impressive for sure. But for me, even if it runs 8s stoplight to stoplight Its still mostly a video game. It doesnt have the sound, the vibration the smells and everything else I love about big V8 cars. Point an shoot is nice but Id rather something more engaging. It just doesnt light up my brain like I need it to.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Everything is twice the price lol.. I have been looking at some used corvette prices for no reason lol.. but I see c6 like base cars with 88000-110000 miles in the mid 20k range.. 🤪.
so they want 20k for 6 cylinder, seems high;)

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Was out talking with employees, asked if they would have any respect for me at all if I drove a Tesla of any name, much less one name Plaid. They all laughed and said 'NO'. One gal said, and I quote " You would be laughed at every day as long as you owned it. But any guy who actually would buy one, wouldn't need to let people know that he is gay, that car would be plenty sign enough he bats for the other team". She went on to tell me she knows two people who drive them, both are flamboyantly gay, and they still hate their Tesla cars, because they are extremely unreliable. One who is her neighbor, actually told her that it would be rare to find a straight male, driving a Tesla. So when he sees another Tesla, he always checks the driver out to see if they are cute, because chance are they to are gay, it is like a sign in the gay community. We sure had some good laughs, and it was interesting to hear that its a sign in the gay community to other men, that you are gay. Not saying all Tesla drivers are, but a far larger percentage than compared to a gas powered car driver.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Was out talking with employees, asked if they would have any respect for me at all if I drove a Tesla of any name, much less one name Plaid. They all laughed and said 'NO'. One gal said, and I quote " You would be laughed at every day as long as you owned it. But any guy who actually would buy one, wouldn't need to let people know that he is gay, that car would be plenty sign enough he bats for the other team". She went on to tell me she knows two people who drive them, both are flamboyantly gay, and they still hate their Tesla cars, because they are extremely unreliable. One who is her neighbor, actually told her that it would be rare to find a straight male, driving a Tesla. So when he sees another Tesla, he always checks the driver out to see if they are cute, because chance are they to are gay, it is like a sign in the gay community. We sure had some good laughs, and it was interesting to hear that its a sign in the gay community to other men, that you are gay. Not saying all Tesla drivers are, but a far larger percentage than compared to a gas powered car driver.
Well......I guess Subaru is gonna lose some sales :LOL:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Well......I guess Subaru is gonna lose some sales :LOL:
I couldn't drive anything called PLAID no matter who made it, and what powered it. 😂😂😂

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
I wonder, with the next tesla be called the Suspenders?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I couldn't drive anything called PLAID no matter who made it, and what powered it. 😂😂😂
yeah....but Subaru has been the official brand of LGBTQ persons for decades.....and now it sounds like Tesla is muscling in on their territory :LOL:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
yeah....but Subaru has been the official brand of LGBTQ persons for decades.....and now it sounds like Tesla is muscling in on their territory :LOL:
Here I thought Miatas held that title.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
True. But not Mazda overall, just the miatas.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ever notice how many "rainbow" stickers you see on the back of Subarus, especially the wagon types?

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
It's an exclusive club......and no.....you can't join.

Apparently Chevy will sell that COPO to anyone with the cash now.
you know it is hard to sell junk

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
you know it is hard to sell junk

I have noticed that around me, there are seldom GM vehicles. This area being in the country is largely trucks, almost all are Ford or Ram, pretty close to 50/50 split between them, an occasional Toyota or GMC. But even with the cars and suvs in the area, barely ever see any GM products, but those are a random splattering of many brands, no ford or dodge monopoly there. Starting to see more and more Kia and Hyundai though the past few years. I would feel safe in saying that the sister companies Kia and Hyundai now account for about 20% of the cars and suvs around this region. 10 years ago, barely saw any of them, so they have made major leaps in sales this past decade, especially the past 5 years.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Yeah someone got one down to 9.08 or something like that. That is incredible performance, I mean much faster than a gravity free fall at this point. Has to be over 1000hp/1000tq to do that. I saw they couldn't even dyno one because they just stand up and rotate forward on the rollers in an instant! All the sudden $130-140k doesn't seem so expensive :)
Correct, there is no spool up and many dynos cannot keep up

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
They just did a comparison on the show 'Everyday Driver' and made all those points about the Tesla. They said that Ford's 1st attempt at an all electric Mustang SUV was already a better quality car than the Tesla simply because they've been a car co. forever and know how to build cars, and Tesla is still a 'boutique' company as they put it.
I made this point in another thread. The majors is where you get true utility and reliability. Now they are on board adoption will only accelerate [no pun intended].