Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Not exactly a noob BUT first Hellcat...

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Greetings from SW Arizona, also known as "Hades" this time of year!

I've had several LX platform (Magnum) R/T and (Charger and 300) SRTs, Jeep SRT and the "Viper Truck" AKA Ram SRT-10 over the years but never had Challenger and have always wanted one since Jump Street...

"Several" cool cars, Jeeps, MINIs, trucks, motorcycles and UTVs/"buggies" in the interim but got the Hellcat bug AGAIN after my buddy sent me a pic of his widebody Redeye and recent news that they were going away. Having sold off several vehicles recently, it seemed as good a time as any!

Been lurking here extensively for the better part of the last month. I didn't wanna join until I made it official and even though I placed my order yesterday, I wanted to have my VIN and D1 status before doing so...call me superstitious!

I was initially looking at a ScatPack widebody but after mentioning I'd eventually consider supercharging it, which, arguable, isn't exactly the best idea, my wife said, "...if you're just gonna end up supercharging it why don't you buy a Hellcat and be done with it?". Pretty difficult to argue with logic like that!

We sat down and swapped colors, options, packages, etc. for hours until we came up with the following configuration:
  • F8 Green
  • Black Satin Painted Hood
  • Brass Monkey wheels
  • Black brake calipers
  • Driver Convenience Group
  • Plus Package
  • SRT Black Package
Pretty simple build, the only thing I was on the bubble about was the SRT spoiler, which I ultimately passed on. Seemed like a lot of money, relatively speaking, to replace one piece of rubber/molding/aero with a slightly cooler other one.

Now I play the waiting game! I'm anticipating 2-3 months with the model year switchover occurring here shortly and my build being pretty straightforward. If it's either slightly shorter or longer than that, that's fine with me either way, I've certainly waited long enough to buy one!

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Welcome aboard!

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Congrats on making the leap! I’m sure the wait will be excruciating, but will certainly be worth the wait. The color combo will look great!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I've had several LX platform (Magnum) R/T and (Charger and 300) SRTs, Jeep SRT and the "Viper Truck" AKA Ram SRT-10 over the years but never had Challenger and have always wanted one since Jump Street...

"Several" cool cars, Jeeps, MINIs, trucks, motorcycles and UTVs/"buggies" in the interim but got the Hellcat bug AGAIN after my buddy sent me a pic of his widebody Redeye and recent news that they were going away. Having sold off several vehicles recently, it seemed as good a time as any!

Been lurking here extensively for the better part of the last month. I didn't wanna join until I made it official and even though I placed my order yesterday, I wanted to have my VIN and D1 status before doing so...call me superstitious!

I was initially looking at a ScatPack widebody but after mentioning I'd eventually consider supercharging it, which, arguable, isn't exactly the best idea, my wife said, "...if you're just gonna end up supercharging it why don't you buy a Hellcat and be done with it?". Pretty difficult to argue with logic like that!

We sat down and swapped colors, options, packages, etc. for hours until we came up with the following configuration:
  • F8 Green
  • Brass Monkey wheels
  • Black brake calipers
  • Plus Package
  • SRT Black Package
Pretty simple build, the only thing I was on the bubble about was the SRT spoiler, which I ultimately passed on. Seemed like a lot of money, relatively speaking, to replace one piece of rubber/molding/aero with a slightly cooler other one.

Now I play the waiting game! I'm anticipating 2-3 months with the model year switchover occurring here shortly and my build being pretty straightforward. If it's either slightly shorter or longer than that, that's fine with me either way, I've certainly waited long enough to buy one!
Awesome spec build...gorgeous color combo...you did good...welcome to the neighborhood...just don;t make any noise after 11pm...:p:p;)

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome Noob :p!

SW AZ like Yuma?

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

• F8 Green
  • Brass Monkey wheels
  • Black brake calipers
  • Plus Package
  • SRT Black Package

Welcome to our place!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

• F8 Green
  • Brass Monkey wheels
  • Black brake calipers
  • Plus Package
  • SRT Black Package

Welcome and congratulations.
Wait will be bad, but once you have it, you will be like a kid at Christmas, and the smile will never go away.
Can't wait to see it.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

• F8 Green
  • Brass Monkey wheels
  • Black brake calipers
  • Plus Package
  • SRT Black Package

Welcome! You’ll love it. Now the anticipation 😂

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Congrats and welcome. It's good to be King. Looking forward to pics.

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
...forgot to add the auto transmission, not that it was really a choice but I'm pretty banged up so not having to row through the gears, as much as a hoot as that is, is probably a good thing...

I saw someone else here is from Yuma, I'm gonna have to dig around and see if I can find them, small town and I've certainly seen and maybe more importantly, HEARD, them on the street.

Speaking of which I've picked my music from when I pick up after delivery.

Radio, off. Windows, down.

That's all the music I'm gonna need!

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Hellcat order confirmation - Copy.jpg
This is as close as I get for now! I actually had to have Dodge reset my access to the order tracking page since I hammered it one too many times and got locked out after I had received a text from my dealership telling me that my order was confirmed and I had a VIN.

Lining up (ceramic) tint, PPF and ceramic coating and a few minor accessories here and there while I wait, nothing crazy. I didn't order a tire upgrade because I figured I'd want to change those as one of more first mods anyway. I REALLY like the look of the Brass Monkey wheels so I'm hoping that I can upsize the tires and maybe get some spacers to fill out the fender gap and get more traction in the process..

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Welcome. Personally I like the performance spoiler but it is pricy. Of course I'm biased.
20220101_172325.jpg

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
@DavidKFla, agreed it looks sick AF. I was trying to balance out the build with everything else that goes with delivery; taxes, registration, tint, PPF, insurance...etc and trying to keep The Bride happy, which, so far, she is and keeping her that way is priority one! :ROFLMAO:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
@DavidKFla, agreed it looks sick AF. I was trying to balance out the build with everything else that goes with delivery; taxes, registration, tint, PPF, insurance...etc and trying to keep The Bride happy, which, so far, she is and keeping her that way is priority one! :ROFLMAO:
Exactly. The Challenger is her car.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome. Personally I like the performance spoiler but it is pricy. Of course I'm biased.
View attachment 79378
Welcome to the OP. I love F8 green too. I sometimes regret buying black but ceramic coating helps and makes it a lot easier to clean.
And I wish I ordered the SRT performance spoiler. But, I love my car. Especially after the ceramic. I also had the windows tinted and PPF in all the key areas.
Edit: Just wanted to say I love this plum color and pic. Looks badass. Is your car ceramic coated?

Last edited:

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
...forgot to add the auto transmission, not that it was really a choice but I'm pretty banged up so not having to row through the gears, as much as a hoot as that is, is probably a good thing...

I saw someone else here is from Yuma, I'm gonna have to dig around and see if I can find them, small town and I've certainly seen and maybe more importantly, HEARD, them on the street.

Speaking of which I've picked my music from when I pick up after delivery.

Radio, off. Windows, down.

That's all the music I'm gonna need!
Yes. The blower whines loud on the new Hellcats. I have the regular 717 hp Widebody Challenger.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Here’s my Black beauty. Once you go black you don’t go back. Lol.
They coated my wheels and calipers too.
Edit: Sorry bro. Didn’t mean to hijack your thread.
8C3912EF-82E6-48B3-9CD2-54F344ED91C7.jpeg 985F0F11-4401-4D0F-B438-17A8D93291C8.jpeg

Last edited:

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
@Ronin , you can always put the performance spoiler on yourself. Cost about a third as fron the factory and takes less than an hour.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
@Ronin , you can always put the performance spoiler on yourself. Cost about a third as fron the factory and takes less than an hour.
Is changing the camera easy too? I’m thinking about doing that as well

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City