Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Red Brembo Pads Destroyed my brake system ** PHOTOS

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We could just talk about salt again. Damn shit is not far off given the weather in most of the north state this weekend. I am afraid the queen is parked for the year. My brakes are being put away looking good.

Let’s see. I suppose driving along with the cruise control on, after stopping fairly aggressively the system on all four pads goes retarded and applies pressure. Okay, then lots of crap happens. Shit is hot, very hot maybe.

Smell anything yet?

Bolts become loose? Now you have drag on the steering due to differential pressures of the pad/rotor. Both sides he says. What kind of a road do you have to not feel this yet? Steering don’t feel strange? Never used the brakes in 100 miles? If you did WTF did it feel like? Okay.

Those calipers loose at least one bolt. Causes them to fall off laterally. Fuck, hits the wheel. So bad it has grinded the wheel. Twisted it nearly.
WTF, can’t feel that?

Who has the bolts? Where are the calipers so someone who knows their shit can tell you WTF is going on with them before you throw them away.
What kina roads?...it's Turkey....it aint New Jersey...If you ask me...none of this makes sense

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I guess I don't check in frequently enough. Looks like a strange thread here. I know I can't do that to my Girodiscs. Tried a lot but no success. ;)
Heck, I even run high friction track pads that send more heat to the rotors and titanium backers and ACR calipers with titanium pistons that lessen the heat to the fluid, thus sending more to the rotors.
As @DGatzby says, 150 MPH ain't nothing when having some track fun.
He and I both have learned we have to take a cool down lap after going full blast or both front pads will start smoking when we stop. When have you seen that from any street driving?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I believe the decision to paint the calipers ultimately caused the issues.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I believe the decision to paint the calipers ultimately caused the issues.
Would it matter if they were painted while installed on the car?

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Well..... Turkey did legalize opium....[thankyou]. So, either the professional installer or the OP were high as a kite and not until they came down did they realize the brakes were toast..... [screwy][bash][driving]and that's my 2 cents

OP
X
Member ID
Reactions
City
Istanbul
State
Non-US
Country
Turkey
Vehicle
Hellcat Widebody
Thread Starter #106
As for the pads, go with the Z26s this time, they are well known and proven by many.

Listened you and we've installed with new PZ Discs + Pads . No problems so far.
Thank you very much for the input and i call everyone to be extra careful if they ever need to reinstall calipers.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Listened you and we've installed with new PZ Discs + Pads . No problems so far.
Thank you very much for the input and i call everyone to be extra careful if they ever need to reinstall calipers.
Happy to hear.
Glad you are sticking around.
We really have a lot of members with quite a bit of experience.

OP
X
Member ID
Reactions
City
Istanbul
State
Non-US
Country
Turkey
Vehicle
Hellcat Widebody